BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Barnsley (a) 18/9/21

3 hours ago, roversfan99 said:

I think it will be over the course of the season. Otherwise we wouldn't be interested in a striker and you wouldn't have been fuming with the inability to bring one in.

Well we see but we are scoring and other players have step up to the mark. You were doubtful that would happened but we have scored 4 goals from defenders already this season. How many did the defenders get last season? 

Like I have told before and you have ignore it again, I was fuming at the lack of proper transfer strategy during the summer and lack of proper planning to replace Armstrong with a striker. You arent ever going to replace Armstrong like for like or goals for goals but a suitable striker could have been got, but Like I have always said to yourself that its the team has to replace Armstrong

2 hours ago, Riversider28 said:

I assume you are just trying to wind people up saying that about BBD being man of the match. 

Well you were wrong there then weren't you? Maybe learn that I don't wind people up on here, I am here to talk Rovers and football matters in a serious attitude. 

2 hours ago, Bad Boy said:

I tend to use this for away games.  It has always been useful.

https://footballgroundguide.com/leagues/england/championship/oakwell-barnsley.html

That site is a very interesting read even for those still stuck like me in covid pandemic.

Thanks for the link and ongoing read for my 'away' days.

• Like 1

In may be all the coffee I drunk tonight staying up to watch the Champions League but I feel optimistic about this game.

I got sunburnt there on the open end back in the 80s watching a mind numbing 0-0.

The only excitement being at the final whistle when we were locked in for safety, but really so the locals could chuck half bricks at us.

I stopped at a local pub on the drive back, it was like entering the Twilight Zone where they took inbreeding to a new level. I didn't stay long.

1-2 to Rovers. 

• Like 1

I think Ayala will be rested. 

TK

Naymbe  Lenihan Carter. Pickering

Travis.        Rothwell

Buckley

Dolan.                                     Butterworth

Diaz

5 hours ago, yankfan said:

I think Ayala will be rested. 

TK

Naymbe  Lenihan Carter. Pickering

Travis.        Rothwell

Buckley

Dolan.                                     Butterworth

Diaz

Don't think we can afford to do that 

1 hour ago, dallydally said:

Similar to Dolan but looked classier when he came on against Hull. Just as quick but clearly has a better touch

I think Khedra will fit a role as an impact sub.

Dolan will press and track back more and to be fair to him he was the only one to spark any life into that first half on Tuesday. 

• Moderation Lead

What I noticed the other night with Dolan, was just how much he’s grown in confidence with his shooting. Granted, his goal at the weekend will have helped, but he had two very good efforts from distance on Tuesday night, which is encouraging.

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, K-Hod said:

What I noticed the other night with Dolan, was just how much he’s grown in confidence with his shooting. Granted, his goal at the weekend will have helped, but he had two very good efforts from distance on Tuesday night, which is encouraging.

I agree it is encouraging, but the problem is, neither hit the target.

19 minutes ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

Dolan has looked really good this season I think. Of him and say Buckley, I think Dolan could go onto have the better career......

I think he looked very good against Luton but other than that, I still remain unconvinced at this moment in time and I would personally suggest that "really good this season" is somewhat hyperbolic.

Of course he is very raw at this stage so hopefully it will come in time.

3 minutes ago, rigger said:

I don't wish to be pedantic, but I did say, Hit the target. To me that is score a goal. If I had said, On target , I would agree. 

I thought you might pedant your way out of it. But are we really criticising a couple of decent shots from 25 yards not resulting in goals?

• Like 1