BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Barnsley (a) 18/9/21

We all seem to be happy with the back 5. Midfield is a problem, even weak teams like Hull waltzed through our half too easily. Travis is a bit off his game but I  think he’ll come good. Rothwell is poor in defence and Buckley is worse. If we want Rothwell’s runs we need some real bite to replace Buckley. At times Buckley seems so pedestrian…..he is dispossessed while stationary a couple of times a game. Davenport? Or what’s Edun like?

Dolan has improved considerably and I like him but Khadra looks more like a finished product. He has the trickiness of Dolan but knows that he doesn’t need to beat the defender 3 times before he passes the ball.
( could be that honeymoon period though). Butterworth deserves his chance.

I’m looking forward to the match.

• Like 5

On 16/09/2021 at 15:36, chaddyrovers said:

is Khadra's fitness ready to ever play half a game? something you dont know but Mowbray does.

TMs track record at judging players fitness is awful, he excels at getting it wrong and causing injury. He could judge a gurnning competition, but not player's physical condition.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, tonyoz said:

We all seem to be happy with the back 5. Midfield is a problem, even weak teams like Hull waltzed through our half too easily. Travis is a bit off his game but I  think he’ll come good. Rothwell is poor in defence and Buckley is worse. If we want Rothwell’s runs we need some real bite to replace Buckley. At times Buckley seems so pedestrian…..he is dispossessed while stationary a couple of times a game. Davenport? Or what’s Edun like?

Dolan has improved considerably and I like him but Khadra looks more like a finished product. He has the trickiness of Dolan but knows that he doesn’t need to beat the defender 3 times before he passes the ball.
( could be that honeymoon period though). Butterworth deserves his chance.

I’m looking forward to the match.

Buckley is fine in the press, Rothwell provides no cover. It’s basically left to Travis to do all the work for them if the opponents beat the press. The problem is, until Johnson is fit, what else can we do? 

1 minute ago, Wegerleswiggle said:

Really don't understand the negativity towards John Buckley. In my opinion he's one of the first names on the team sheet. 

Surely until he starts regularly impacting games, which as a more attacking midfielder includes scoring and assisting with more regularity, then the question marks will continue to remain.

Kaminski, Ayala, Lenihan, Nyambe, Travis, Brereton and at a push Pickering are the 7 guarantees at the moment. 

• Like 2

51 minutes ago, Wegerleswiggle said:

Really don't understand the negativity towards John Buckley. In my opinion he's one of the first names on the team sheet. 

I don't mind Buckley and think he could still have a good future, but there would be plenty of names on the sheet before his.

• Like 2

Looking forward to this one today, hopefully a decent Rovers away following 🤞

Always difficult to predict Mowbray but with Gallagher still unavailable I'd expect Poveda to come in for Clarkson. Hopefully Butterworth and Khadra can repeat their appearances off the bench.  COYB!!!

Kaminski 

Nyambe    Ayala    Lenihan Pickering 

Buckley Travis Rothwell 

Poveda      Brereton      Dolan

10 hours ago, Ossydave said:

All points to a 1-1.

Would be nice to get a win there though we've been shite at Oakwell the past few times I've been.

1-1 for me too ..in fact my first time away at Barnsley it ended  1-1 in 1986 . Scott Sellars penalty !

This is a picture of the Rovers away end on that very day with the new Disabled fans building? to the left in the corner. 

Pretty grim Barnsley back then ..remember seeing all the coal mining wheels dotted about in the distance something id never seen before adding to grimness !

Screenshot_20210918-085439_WhatsApp.jpg

• Like 6

5 minutes ago, HowieFive0 said:

1-1 for me too ..in fact my first time away at Barnsley it ended  1-1 in 1986 . Scott Sellars penalty !

This is a picture of the Rovers away end on that very day with the new Disabled fans building? to the left in the corner. 

Pretty grim Barnsley back then ..remember seeing all the coal mining wheels dotted about in the distance something id never seen before adding to grimness !

Screenshot_20210918-085439_WhatsApp.jpg

What a great, graphic image that is. A real indication of how football was before all seater stadiums.

• Like 4

10 minutes ago, arbitro said:

What a great, graphic image that is. A real indication of how football was before all seater stadiums.

I went when we won 1-0 in the Premiership (Duff?). That away end was exactly the same except for rows of plastic seats recently installed! No roof or anything else! And the bogs overflowed outside!

Edited by 47er
  • Like 2

Looking very forward to the game now and will be setting off shortly to Oakwell, Barnsley. Hopefully we will bring back the 3 points from there and good performance. COYB! 

9 hours ago, Wegerleswiggle said:

I don't agree understand myself tbh. Same with Dolan. 

I see Buckley becoming one of the first names on the team sheet by end of the season and he will key player for us in the future. I hope he plays today in midfield 3 and not a wide or number 10 role. 

• Like 2

A good start to the season. Some strong performances. Just outside the playoffs. A good run of fixtures approaching. Only means one thing. Nose bleed. I expect to be left frustrated today by a missed opportunity but will forever be hopeful.

If we’re going off the idea that Khadra isn’t fully fit then this has to be the team today. 

kaminski 

nymabe Lenihan ayala Pickering 

travis rothwell 

dolan butterworth Poveda 

Diaz

subs: Pears, magloire, Edun, Buckley, davenport, Khadra, JRC(fit?).