BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Clwb Pei-droed Dinas Caerdydd (h) 25/09/2021 3pm.

1 hour ago, Proudtobeblue&white said:

Brilliant result, onwards. upwards, in spite of TM. Strange when you play your two strikers up front.

Even stranger when they played exactly where they usually play, except after Dolan went off.

Excellent day all round. Clayton Left Boot’s son can already start spending his enormous Diaz jackpot I think. Thought Carter did very well when he came on against a team of giants.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Miller11 said:

That was brilliant. Every credit to Mowbray… have to say it was a masterclass from him today. 

The front three were all fantastic and deserved their goals. Special mention to Brereton, I never thought he had a hat trick in him, but I’m now starting to get a bit giddy about the bet.

Buckley also making his doubters look a bit daft. while the scorers get the plaudits, he was probably MOTM.

Back 4 rock solid again. Special mention to Nyambe - looks unbeatable and that header off the line was as important as a goal. Anyone who claims he looks disinterested is talking utter bollocks. Ayala makes such a difference.

Liked the look of Edun in his brief cameo. If your being really picky you can moan a bit about Kaminski’s kicking at times, and Rothwell was probably only a 6/10 amongst a lot of 8 plus performances… but what a day!!

Hope Venky’s watch and sanction the improved offers for those out of contract players. 

Fully agree about Buckley. Excellent all around, starting with the pass for the first goal. He put a lot of work in tracking back and his football brain was on show, as he was a step ahead of almost everyone on the pitch. We have a star in the making here.

• Like 6

What a very talented young bunch of lads we have - has never really been a question, but game after game they are showing why our academy is still the envy of many. If we only had to focus on the football (and not worry about contracts) you'd feel we can achieve anything this season. But days like today you can't help but dream...

• Like 1

One noticeable change from the last 3 years has been that we look a much fitter side. Did we change our fitness coach recently?

We had far too many plodders strolling around in the past - now, everyone is putting a proper shift in and closing the opposition down at every opportunity 👍

• Like 3

36 minutes ago, 1864roverite said:

What today has shown is the togetherness and will to fight in this Rovers team. From front to back there was a tenacity we have rarely seen. 

What a pity we still have fans who still choose to stay away! Well you are missing the birth of a new younger Rovers, a team that has a massive inexperience but which is a team not afraid to mix it, not afraid to lose and a team that can progress.

Credit to Mowbray and co and credit to the club.

Come in Rovers fan time to do your bit and cement this teams work ethic. It’s a great start.

The fans will return in their thousands if the product on the pitch improves and it looks like we're making strides in that direction 1864.

What an absolute shambles Cardiff are, McCarthy will be heading for the dole queue if he's not careful. 

Onwards and upwards.

Edited by Gav

7 minutes ago, Stonesrick said:

One noticeable change from the last 3 years has been that we look a much fitter side. Did we change our fitness coach recently?

We had far too many plodders strolling around in the past - now, everyone is putting a proper shift in and closing the opposition down at every opportunity 👍

It comes from the front. Armstrong strolled around  a lot, didnt commit to the energetic pressing that we get from Dolan. The 2 big lads putting a shift in too. 

Maybe that run last year has galvanised the team and they don't want to find themselves in similar again

Something seems to have clicked anyway. Then again, hopefully a death spiral isnt around the corner

Ayala is basically everything we've been missing for, well as long as I can bloody well remember. Said last season he's easily our best defender when fit and he's showing it. We are of course walking such a nervy tightrope on the fitness front. It eases slightly when Wharton is fit but still, wrap that man in the finest cotton wool money can buy.

Absolutely delighted for Ben, a hatty is a major achievement regardless of how they go in, the best thing that's ever happened is his Chile experience! 

I was already looking forward to Blackpool immensely but even more so now, unfortunately can't make it midweek. Another good result for the tangerines too today so won't be an easy one at all.

Edited by Ossydave
  • Like 1

Just now, Ossydave said:

Ayala is basically everything we've been missing for, well as long as I can bloody well remember. Said last season he's easily our best defender when fit and he's showing it. We are of course walking such a nervy tightrope on the fitness front. It eases slightly when Wharton is fit bit still, wrap that mam in the finest cotton wool money can buy.

Absolutely delighted for Ben, a hatty is a major achievement regardless of how they go in, the best thing that's ever happened is his Chile experience! 

I was already looking forward to Blackpool immensely but even more so now, unfortunately can't make it midweek. Another good result for the tangerines too today so won't be an easy one at all.

He’s what we’ve been missing since Nelsen and Samba left, depressing pal.

• Like 3

I really enjoyed that. With our penchant for letting teams back in the games at Ewood this season the third goal for me was crucial and took the pressure away in that respect. As much as I have criticised Mowbray I have to credit him with his decision to play Dolan down the middle. I thought that up against the monsters centre backs he would have struggled but he was really good and they just couldn't handle him. I thought Buckley, Travis and Rothwell looked really good too but Ayala for me was our best player. Being totally honest I doubted whether he had the ability and desire but so far he has been our best player by some way. Brereton getting a hat trick will once again earn him the headlines but today was really about the collective.

Note to Swag - get them deals done for our out of contract players. Potentially four of our starters could walk away in a few months for a pittance which would be ridiculous.

• Like 9

37 minutes ago, Stonesrick said:

Yes we have. Chris Rush left has the main fitness coach last season and his number 2 Liam Mason became Head of Athletic Performance at the club with us recruiting Jack Dowling joined from Everton to be number 2 to Mason. 

28 minutes ago, Gav said:

The fans will return in their thousands if the product on the pitch improves and it looks like we're making strides in that direction 1864.

What an absolute shambles Cardiff are, McCarthy will be heading for the dole queue if he's not careful. 

Onwards and upwards.

The product on the pitch has improved from the previous seasons in my opinion. I hope the club put together a bundle offer for fans or one game cheap price like Preston at Home. 

I was surprised that McCarthy left it to half time before changing formation or making a sub. They lack pace in their team. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, chaddyrovers said:

Yes we have. Chris Rush left has the main fitness coach last season and his number 2 Liam Mason became Head of Athletic Performance at the club with us recruiting Jack Dowling joined from Everton to be number 2 to Mason. 

The product on the pitch has improved from the previous seasons in my opinion. I hope the club put together a bundle offer for fans or one game cheap price like Preston at Home. 

I was surprised that McCarthy left it to half time before changing formation or making a sub. They lack pace in their team. 

The 3rd goal and the time it came at killed them. He probably thought they were getting to half time 2 down

Things could end badly there very quickly for him, needs to get a few wins. Thats the Championship for ya. 

11 minutes ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

The 3rd goal and the time it came at killed them. He probably thought they were getting to half time 2 down

Things could end badly there very quickly for him, needs to get a few wins. Thats the Championship for ya. 

Think Cardiff need to be realistic and stick with him this season. 

Question is what do their owners want and what this season target?

6 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Think Cardiff need to be realistic and stick with him this season. 

Question is what do their owners want and what this season target?

I presume promotion, but McCarthy could go the Hughton way next and then other clubs might look at here and think maybe giving a manager time, like in the old days, could potentially be the way to go. Tis a rare occurrence these days.