BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Clwb Pei-droed Dinas Caerdydd (h) 25/09/2021 3pm.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.lancs.live/sport/football/football-news/blackburn-injury-update-lenihan-ayala-21680986.amp

A little concerned that Ayala had issues with cramp, since he is playing again 3 days later. Hopefully not a sign his body is starting to feel the strain. Cramp can happen to very fit players tbf.

35 minutes ago, DE. said:

I don't expect this form to continue, as there is too much historical evidence to suggest Mowbray will ultimately screw it up, but it seems silly to fail to give him praise for the way we've started the season. You end up in territory where if we win the manager is 'lucky' and if we lose it's all his fault. Not exactly a balanced opinion to have.

Why? I’m not in favour of him staying but give the guy credit. He may have been forced to blood some youngsters but it’s working. The makeup of the team is different to previous years. So to expect a death spiral is tempting fate. Get behind him.

• Like 1

• Backroom
1 minute ago, JohnGo said:

Why? I’m not in favour of him staying but give the guy credit. He may have been forced to blood some youngsters but it’s working. The makeup of the team is different to previous years. So to expect a death spiral is tempting fate. Get behind him.

Not sure how you've read this as me not giving him credit when I literally say in the quoted post it would be silly not to give him praise for the start of the season. 

As for why, again, reasons are stated as past history. If people want to consign his past record to the bin and pretend it hasn't happened that's fine, but fool me once, etc. 

• Like 6

Mowbray is far better with limited resources and not allowing him to spend or bring in expensive loans  stops his tinkering to keep everyone happy and as a result it brings stability to the team. In the past when injuries have limited his options our results have improved. As a manager he is the exact same animal now as last season the only thing that’s changed is circumstances all the old high earners released or sold and no recruitment. It may strangely work in his and more importantly our favour. I am holding my breath like everyone else because previous experience tells me there is always the death spiral just around the corner.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Boroblue said:

Mowbray is far better with limited resources and not allowing him to spend or bring in expensive loans  stops his tinkering to keep everyone happy and as a result it brings stability to the team. In the past when injuries have limited his options our results have improved. As a manager he is the exact same animal now as last season the only thing that’s changed is circumstances all the old high earners released or sold and no recruitment. It may strangely work in his and more importantly our favour. I am holding my breath like everyone else because previous experience tells me there is always the death spiral just around the corner.

You've got me suddenly wondering what kind of tinkering fuckery we can expect when Dack is back...

Just now, bluebruce said:

You've got me suddenly wondering what kind of tinkering fuckery we can expect when Dack is back...

I’m working in Cornwall and I was on a walk to st Agnes with my wife and I said exactly the same thing to her. Dack is our talisman but it may create serious strategy issues for our general

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Boroblue said:

I’m working in Cornwall and I was on a walk to st Agnes with my wife and I said exactly the same thing to her. Dack is our talisman but it may create serious strategy issues for our general

That tickles me. 😄

47 minutes ago, bluebruce said:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.lancs.live/sport/football/football-news/blackburn-injury-update-lenihan-ayala-21680986.amp

A little concerned that Ayala had issues with cramp, since he is playing again 3 days later. Hopefully not a sign his body is starting to feel the strain. Cramp can happen to very fit players tbf.

Fingers crossed he can get through the next 2 games and then we have a 2 week break 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Boroblue said:

Yeah and it’s true after 30 odd years of marriage she’s learned the hard way to humour me as far as Rovers are concerned

Yep, you need a sense of humour to support Rovers.

And an understanding wife when another defeat upsets the whole weekend

• Like 2

The winner of the @brfcsdotcom Man of the Match against Cardiff is of course Ben Brereton, but there were at least 3 other players that would have won it any other week, an indication of what a team performance it really was.

see the full results by clicking the ratings tab here: https://www.brfcs.com/magazine/football/match/716894/blackburn-cardiff

• Like 3

56 minutes ago, Boroblue said:

I’m not sure Dack will be fully fit this year and if he is I’m sure he will be eased in 

1 hour ago, DE. said:

Not sure how you've read this as me not giving him credit when I literally say in the quoted post it would be silly not to give him praise for the start of the season. 

As for why, again, reasons are stated as past history. If people want to consign his past record to the bin and pretend it hasn't happened that's fine, but fool me once, etc. 

What I was saying if you read my post again is that the makeup of the team AND the dynamics have changed from last season. How many senior players have left, leaving the youngsters to step up to the mark. Have you looked at his record at West Brom. There’s nothing to say his teams have death spirals mid season in the past. I’m not one of his fans but I’ll give him the benefit of the doubt.

• Backroom
26 minutes ago, JohnGo said:

What I was saying if you read my post again is that the makeup of the team AND the dynamics have changed from last season. How many senior players have left, leaving the youngsters to step up to the mark. Have you looked at his record at West Brom. There’s nothing to say his teams have death spirals mid season in the past. I’m not one of his fans but I’ll give him the benefit of the doubt.

Are you suggesting that the situation Mowbray currently finds himself in is similar to the situation he was in with WBA back in 2007/2008? An interesting take if so, but I can't imagine there are that many similarities as WBA had a pretty expensive squad for that era. I can't imagine they were having to take too many chances on youngsters stepping up, but I could be wrong as I will admit I don't know a great deal about WBA from that era. If you weren't making a comparison between their situation then and ours now then I'm not sure how relevant the comparison is as it was well over 10 years ago! Coyle was successful around that time too, after all.

As for there being no evidence for his teams having death spirals - I mean if you ignore his Championship tenure with us then sure, but it seems like a crucial piece of information to discard. For me his record with us over the past few years holds far more weight than his record with WBA over a decade ago, or any other teams he managed prior to us. 

Regardless of that I genuinely hope you are right and that this season things change for the better. I'd much rather your optimistic prediction proves correct and my pessimistic prediction proves completely wrong.

• Like 1