BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Clwb Pei-droed Dinas Caerdydd (h) 25/09/2021 3pm.

8 minutes ago, Boroblue said:

Hypothetically if we are there or there abouts what a great addition Dack will be. He was the best player in this league before his injuries. 

A stretch.

One of the best players yes, but not 'the' best player. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, JacknOry said:

A stretch.

One of the best players yes, but not 'the' best player. 

Who was better. I suppose players coming down from the premiership but are they that much better. Better paid. I suppose it all personal opinion. So for me the best but I’ll concide to one of the best. One thing is sure there isn’t a single championship team that would not want him as part of their team

8 minutes ago, Boroblue said:

Who was better. I suppose players coming down from the premiership but are they that much better. Better paid. I suppose it all personal opinion. So for me the best but I’ll concide to one of the best. One thing is sure there isn’t a single championship team that would not want him as part of their team

he is a topplayer at this level yes, but im saying its a stretch to say he is the best. 

36 minutes ago, Boroblue said:

Grealish, for one.

It's funny to go back and look at some of the 2018-2019 Dack vs Grealish debates.

• Like 5

29 minutes ago, Tugay-is-God said:

Grealish, for one.

It's funny to go back and look at some of the 2018-2019 Dack vs Grealish debates.

It is but the fact that debate was being had tells you how good he was/ is.  The point your making supports the point I was making. I’ve conceded not the best. However comparisons to Grealish tells you the case he was in

1 hour ago, DE. said:

Are you suggesting that the situation Mowbray currently finds himself in is similar to the situation he was in with WBA back in 2007/2008? An interesting take if so, but I can't imagine there are that many similarities as WBA had a pretty expensive squad for that era. I can't imagine they were having to take too many chances on youngsters stepping up, but I could be wrong as I will admit I don't know a great deal about WBA from that era. If you weren't making a comparison between their situation then and ours now then I'm not sure how relevant the comparison is as it was well over 10 years ago! Coyle was successful around that time too, after all.

As for there being no evidence for his teams having death spirals - I mean if you ignore his Championship tenure with us then sure, but it seems like a crucial piece of information to discard. For me his record with us over the past few years holds far more weight than his record with WBA over a decade ago, or any other teams he managed prior to us. 

Regardless of that I genuinely hope you are right and that this season things change for the better. I'd much rather your optimistic prediction proves correct and my pessimistic prediction proves completely wrong.

You miss the point again. I’m not comparing our situation to WBA. I’m say what evidence is that his teams have c5ashed in the past. Our team has changed dramatically from the last two years, and the youngsters in the team eg Buckley are two years older. Are you being purposely antagonist, and trying to get my posts pulled?

• Backroom
19 minutes ago, JohnGo said:

You miss the point again. I’m not comparing our situation to WBA. I’m say what evidence is that his teams have c5ashed in the past. Our team has changed dramatically from the last two years, and the youngsters in the team eg Buckley are two years older. Are you being purposely antagonist, and trying to get my posts pulled?

No, I was mainly trying to understand your thought process. My view is that Mowbray is more the culprit for our poor runs of form than our squad dynamic, but maybe you're right and the change in our team will mark a change in the manager's behaviour too. Time will tell. 

4 hours ago, Boroblue said:

Mowbray is far better with limited resources and not allowing him to spend or bring in expensive loans  stops his tinkering to keep everyone happy and as a result it brings stability to the team. In the past when injuries have limited his options our results have improved. As a manager he is the exact same animal now as last season the only thing that’s changed is circumstances all the old high earners released or sold and no recruitment. It may strangely work in his and more importantly our favour. I am holding my breath like everyone else because previous experience tells me there is always the death spiral just around the corner.

Exactly how I feel. With Mowbray, less is more.

I love a happy message board as much as anyone but I’ve been a Rovers fan for a long time. 
do you remember last September?

We hammered Wycombe 5-0. Armstrong was Mom on ‘whoscored’ with a whopping 9.5 rating after scoring a hat-trick.

Next up, a trip to Forest and a 4-0 win. Johnson was Mom with a 9.4 rating and 2 goals. The board was bouncing. I remember one comment……something like “I don’t think Dack will get his place back!” 
Sadly, it was pretty much downhill from there (apart from a 4-0 Coventry win).

It amazes me that certain players can rise from uninterested, garbage one game to fully switched on handful the next (Gallagher anyone?)

As always I remain optimistic (age cannot cure me apparently) and I like the way we played on Saturday. If we can maintain the togetherness and the young players continue to develop it could be an enjoyable season. Fingers crossed.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, tonyoz said:

I love a happy message board as much as anyone but I’ve been a Rovers fan for a long time. 
do you remember last September?

We hammered Wycombe 5-0. Armstrong was Mom on ‘whoscored’ with a whopping 9.5 rating after scoring a hat-trick.

Next up, a trip to Forest and a 4-0 win. Johnson was Mom with a 9.4 rating and 2 goals. The board was bouncing. I remember one comment……something like “I don’t think Dack will get his place back!” 
Sadly, it was pretty much downhill from there (apart from a 4-0 Coventry win).

It amazes me that certain players can rise from uninterested, garbage one game to fully switched on handful the next (Gallagher anyone?)

As always I remain optimistic (age cannot cure me apparently) and I like the way we played on Saturday. If we can maintain the togetherness and the young players continue to develop it could be an enjoyable season. Fingers crossed.

A weeks a long time in football. This time next week, the mood could certainly be different, but let’s hope not.