BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Waggott's interview with media

That sale, you still had plenty of time to replace him, have the club failed in that regard?

“I think we were really unlucky, I wouldn’t use the word failure, I think we had a target in mind and had worked on that player for a few weeks. We got that player in, brought him over France, most of the fans knew as much as me in terms of who it was and why he wasn’t signed, he was the number one target for Tony to replace Adam.

“As things progressed we weren’t able to do the deal and he had to go back to Bordeaux.”

Would you go back in for Josh in January?

“We’re keeping tabs on Josh and some other strikers who come January might be available. As I’ve said to Tony there’s a budget available to go and get an out of contract player now, but that’s quite a difficult call.

“Or when the window opens on January 1 we looked at what’s available and if it fits the bill.

“We’ve had a lot of players out of contract thrown at us, some quite star-studded names, but they haven’t played for 18 months so by the time they get up to speed, a couple of months to get them to full fitness, you’re nearly at the January window so Tony’s view is to hold our position and see how we go.

“We’ve got Gallagher and Brereton that we brought in and they can step up to the mark and let’s keep going with what we’ve got and looked at it in the January window.”

How difficult was it to get the player in from France, you’ve done all the work that you want to do but the medical makes it a difficult decision?

“It’s really tough when a player wants to be at the club and you want the player and you have to sit in front of that player and tell them ‘you can’t come’.

“It’s really difficult, not quite as bad as saying to your scholars that you’re not going to make it to the professional level, that’s another tough call, but it was a tough call.

“The player was emotional, he’d set his heart on coming, he saw it as a stepping stone back into the UK market and to develop with us and it was a blow.

“It’s the tough side of football, but then we can’t sign a footballer who’s not going to be able to perform for us for a period of time.”

9 minutes ago, tomphil said:

The min he gets to India they are coming back with new 3 or 4 year manager and CEO deals mark my words. That will be item one on the agenda.

And anybody who thinks Mr and Mrs D don't still make the big final financial decisions think again.  We are about to embark on another 4 season mid table journey that ends in Tony and Steves pensions and sales opf the young players we are nurturing now.

That's the future and there isn't a top 6 ambition in sight.

Spot on.

The only sleep those 2 lose is worrying about fluking a promotion.

• Like 3

16 minutes ago, tomphil said:

The min he gets to India they are coming back with new 3 or 4 year manager and CEO deals mark my words. That will be item one on the agenda.

And anybody who thinks Mr and Mrs D don't still make the big final financial decisions think again.  We are about to embark on another 4 season mid table journey that ends in Tony and Steves pensions and sales opf the young players we are nurturing now.

Not forgetting the sale of Brockhall.

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, tomphil said:

Fully agree.

The fact that they'll be in the ear of Mr and Mrs D, and not just Bala, makes it almost inevitable Mowbray will be getting a new deal. 

Because he's "a nice guy", nothing to do with his managerial abilities.

Edited by davulsukur
  • Like 2

The most depressing thing is that 4 players who lets face it, none of who will come close to having Premier League suitors and indeed from that interview have no specific interest still have no interest in renewing at the shell of a club we have today under these twats. We should have sold at least some of them in the window, and I can only imagine the paltry wage offered to them all.

• Like 4

I actually thought he came across better in this interview than previous ones, and answered some well constructed questions with a level of candour.

More of this kind of public response is a step in the right direction.  

We are in the crap though as a club, with only bright spot being the academy.

One thing I didn't quite understand was a suggestion of moving the training ground / academy to a site "in the BwD" area.  Anyone make sense of that?

Edited by Paul Mellelieu
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, tomphil said:

Lets just hope that Barry doesn't think they seem grateful enough and he takes them to the cellar  🙂

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Paul Mellelieu said:

I was a serious question Rigger.

In my opinion of Waggot, it was a serious answer. If Waggot actually does anything to the benefit of the club, the fans or the team, instead of just giving promises, I will hold my hand up and say that he is improving. Until that happens I will be of the same opinion of Waggot.  

• Like 4