BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Waggott's interview with media

1 hour ago, 1864roverite said:

It just isn’t credible to believe that there is billionaire interest in Rovers and that in midst of a worldwide pandemic venkys wouldn’t sell 😅 I say that because if there was it would be out there and obvious 

You say you have been communicating with people at the club. If it is Suhail or the Raos then well done - the least they should be doing is talking to the fans - I don't see why you wouldn't be able to confirm your contacts even if you want to keep the subject matter secret.

If it is Steve Waggott you are talking to then you are wasting your time - I know from personal experience.

You are asking people to believe that positive moves are on the horizon when there is no evidence whatsoever, yet you say a potential buyer is not credible because you have not seen any evidence - you can't have it both ways.

I hope that your optimism is not unfounded but I would be much happier if it is the billionaire interest that materialises.

The land purchase close to Ewood by the Issa brothers that was mentioned earlier in the thread , anything to do with the 554 houses being built on the spare land near /behind the Riverside that passed planning permission at Blackburn council tonight? Work due to start Jan next year

Edited by perthblue02

22 hours ago, perthblue02 said:

The land purchase close to Ewood by the Issa brothers that was mentioned earlier in the thread , anything to do with the 554 houses being built on the spare land near /behind the Riverside that passed planning permission at Blackburn council tonight? Work due to start Jan next year

Might get a few more fans in.....and I'm sure a KFC will pop up there knowing them two. So nice bit of scrag before the game.

23 hours ago, perthblue02 said:

Which spare land is that? Not many places they can build 550 houses near Ewood. Do you mean the new estates up Feniscowles?

3 hours ago, JHRover said:

Which spare land is that? Not many places they can build 550 houses near Ewood. Do you mean the new estates up Feniscowles?

Not seen plans yet but would guess  its the tract of land that runs from behind the Riverside through to Lower Darwen

Between Alum house brook and the railway line  and then back of Branch Road upwards

• Like 1

4 hours ago, perthblue02 said:

Not seen plans yet but would guess  its the tract of land that runs from behind the Riverside through to Lower Darwen

Between Alum house brook and the railway line  and then back of Branch Road upwards

Isn't at least part of that a nature reserve/ park? Not the best site for access.

First rule of town planning: Where there's money there's a way.

On 01/10/2021 at 18:44, rigger said:

Rovers should give a free season ticket to every house bought. It could bring in a couple of hundred new fans. It would be a start.

apparently Waggott has put a complaint in to the council, and wants the re-introduction of the 17th century windows tax for any that overlook the ground, payable to Rovers . 400 quid per year + 3 quid extra on match days.

Edited by perthblue02
  • Like 2