BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Waggott's interview with media

8 minutes ago, rigger said:

Latest scheme £35 for a half litre bottle of gin.

another pie in the sky swag scheme???,has he not realised he`s in blackburn where you can get 2 bottles of gordons for less than the price of that fashionable craft ****,preferably id`e prefer he did some real work and tie our best players down to long term contracts before we lose the bloody lot of them

18 minutes ago, Gav said:

This is down to Venkys arbitro and Venkys alone.

Nobody can sell training grounds without the owners approval, nobody can sack managers and CEO’s without the owners approval and nobody can sell players without owners approval.

Nothing goes on at this club without owners approval despite what posters on here would have us believe. 

Are you the only man aside from Pasha that has a line into Pune?

That’s a big statement Rev?

I really don't know anymore Gav. You wrote with certainty that they are aware of all the decisions but I would be extremely surprised if they are aware of the contract situations. I agree they would have been informed about the STC but I genuinely think the contract issues are kept in house.

• Like 1

I genuinely don't know what to think about all this and I admire those who some to have some special insights into the club's finances, decision-making and so on.  We do know the owners are awful, the management team not good enough and that we are under huge financial challenges.  

What else do we know for certain?

• Backroom

I'm more pissed off with Waggott than I ever have been with Mowbray.

I think it's Waggott that's hitting Kean territory of 'just f*** off' rather than Mowbray (even though I'd like him gone too).

Have we ever had chants for getting rid of a CEO before? I'm hoping it starts next game for this absolute shyster.

• Like 8

4 minutes ago, Mike E said:

I'm more pissed off with Waggott than I ever have been with Mowbray.

I think it's Waggott that's hitting Kean territory of 'just f*** off' rather than Mowbray (even though I'd like him gone too).

Have we ever had chants for getting rid of a CEO before? I'm hoping it starts next game for this absolute shyster.

WaggoUtt ?

• Like 6

I was struggling to understand why Waggott would be so open about the contract situations. Other clubs and potential suitors probably know what's going on via the agents but to make it so public will surely alienate the players and reduce the chances of a successful conclusion from our point of view.

But he can now say "I did warn you" if they are sold and "Look how great I am" if they end up re-signing.

All about Waggott self preservation, not for the benefit of Blackburn Rovers.

Venky's Out

• Like 9

26 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

https://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/sport/19599557.blackburn-rovers-ceo-venkys-finance-macron-talks-start-seaon/

Seems clear that Venkys have instructed considerable financial cutbacks, no mention of FFP either. Happened before and is happening again, exaggerated by Covid.

I mean with the pandemic, was it ever going to be any other way? 

I was reading the other day up to 12 clubs could be looking at point deductions over the next 2 seasons. If we manage to avoid that, it will be a success and leave us in a relatively strong position with the academy producing some good young players at an outlay of only 1 million per season  

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

I mean with the pandemic, was it ever going to be any other way? 

I was reading the other day up to 12 clubs could be looking at point deductions over the next 2 seasons. If we manage to avoid that, it will be a success and leave us in a relatively strong position with the academy producing some good young players at an outlay of only 1 million per season  

There is an element of sensibility and prudence but to the degree that we are cutting back, seemingly unable to offer our more established players competitive contracts to protect their value with a potential sale down the line, I suspect that it is counter productive.

I also think that FFP is seen by some as the primary barrier to Venkys spending money, I am not sure there is much substance to that and certainly not much evidence. 

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

There is an element of sensibility and prudence but to the degree that we are cutting back, seemingly unable to offer our more established players competitive contracts to protect their value with a potential sale down the line, I suspect that it is counter productive.

I also think that FFP is seen by some as the primary barrier to Venkys spending money, I am not sure there is much substance to that and certainly not much evidence. 

All budgeting is done with FFP in mind and so it should. 

If those players get bigger contracts at bigger clubs, fair enough, some will need to up their game to get those moves, because comparative clubs have the same or less than us to throw around. I suspect there is a stand off going in many instances and some will sign when they look around and see their options. If we have to sell some so be it, we just better have replacements lined up. 

16 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

It's good in a way to reduce our dependency on Venky's as when they sell the new owners can then invest to grow instead of standing still.

Also no matter who the owners are, they always reach a limit of spending before starting to call it quits. You just have to look at Lifelong Derby fan Mel Morris, £200m of own money invested then did not want to risk the rest of his Billion pound fortune so put it for sale and took loans from MJD capital for £60m+ with that loan tied against the ground, training centre and future income for next 5 years. That loan has to be repaid by the new owners just to move forward. It is a basket case financially and hat was a fan, never mind what Venky's could leave us with if they leave and not being fans.

• Like 1

Nobody has had a points deduction yet so I'd wait and see if anyone actually gets docked any points and if so how many before we go down the road of applauding our approach.

We can rest assured that there will be no replacements lined up for anyone because nobody at the club will have a clue if there is any money to spend or permission from Venkys to do anything.

I see that Waggott is back on blaming Covid for our collapse last season and now we have been able to reopen all our facilities everything is much better.

This is the CEO of the football club, coming up with cock and bull nonsense excuses to try and cover for his mate's poor performance last season. How mental is this club?

He's going to have another look at getting a Desso pitch. Hope it goes better than everything else he's looked into that hasn't happened.

I'm careful not to scroll down to the comments section because I'd lose my rag if I read them.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, JHRover said:

Nobody has had a points deduction yet so I'd wait and see if anyone actually gets docked any points and if so how many before we go down the road of applauding our approach.

We can rest assured that there will be no replacements lined up for anyone because nobody at the club will have a clue if there is any money to spend or permission from Venkys to do anything.

I see that Waggott is back on blaming Covid for our collapse last season and now we have been able to reopen all our facilities everything is much better.

This is the CEO of the football club, coming up with cock and bull nonsense excuses to try and cover for his mate's poor performance last season. How mental is this club?

He's going to have another look at getting a Desso pitch. Hope it goes better than everything else he's looked into that hasn't happened.

I'm careful not to scroll down to the comments section because I'd lose my rag if I read them.

Derby have had 12 points deducted, haven't they ?

56 minutes ago, 4000Holes said:

The world, according to Waggott. 
Covid has been a terrible thing and it only occurred in Blackburn.

Yep although there's non doubt of its impact its happened to everyone. Yet Swaggo and TM have done their level best this week to land everything at its door including assets they haven't tied down since before it began.

They are the luckiest pair in the league the excuses come on a plate here to give them license to totally detached themselves from any part of it whatsoever.

Luck runs out eventually though, for everybody.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, rigger said:

Derby have had 12 points deducted, haven't they ?

For going into administration, not for breaking spending rules.

There are rumours they will get a points deduction for fiddling their accounts but those are rumours that have been rumbling for months. No points deducted yet.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, JHRover said:

For going into administration, not for breaking spending rules.

There are rumours they will get a points deduction for fiddling their accounts but those are rumours that have been rumbling for months. No points deducted yet.

I would bet that the nine points from last season, have been murged with this seasons punishment. That would mean that Wycombe would have no basis for an appeal, that the nine points deduction should have been deducted last season, and Derby should have been relegated not them. These are just my thoughts and have no basis in the truth.

Edited by rigger

Encouraging there is some kinda option to keep Brereton. Why Rich Sharpe can’t elaborate on what I don’t know. I’m just hoping Brereton relationship with Buckley and Dack is enough to keep him here. Unless he scores 20 plus goals this season, I can’t see where he goes that is better for him.

I spoke to Waggot at Barsnley, had no idea it was him until seeing his face this week from the interviews, missed opportunity to tell him what I think.