BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Waggott's interview with media

On 23/09/2021 at 08:53, JHRover said:

Nobody has had a points deduction yet so I'd wait and see if anyone actually gets docked any points and if so how many before we go down the road of applauding our approach.

We can rest assured that there will be no replacements lined up for anyone because nobody at the club will have a clue if there is any money to spend or permission from Venkys to do anything.

I see that Waggott is back on blaming Covid for our collapse last season and now we have been able to reopen all our facilities everything is much better.

This is the CEO of the football club, coming up with cock and bull nonsense excuses to try and cover for his mate's poor performance last season. How mental is this club?

He's going to have another look at getting a Desso pitch. Hope it goes better than everything else he's looked into that hasn't happened.

I'm careful not to scroll down to the comments section because I'd lose my rag if I read them.

Yeah, I'd swerve reading the comments section if I were you,the amount of people blowing maggot (in-between all the petty squabbling) is pretty depressing

• Like 2

20 hours ago, JHRover said:

Nobody has had a points deduction yet so I'd wait and see if anyone actually gets docked any points and if so how many before we go down the road of applauding our approach.

We can rest assured that there will be no replacements lined up for anyone because nobody at the club will have a clue if there is any money to spend or permission from Venkys to do anything.

I see that Waggott is back on blaming Covid for our collapse last season and now we have been able to reopen all our facilities everything is much better.

This is the CEO of the football club, coming up with cock and bull nonsense excuses to try and cover for his mate's poor performance last season. How mental is this club?

He's going to have another look at getting a Desso pitch. Hope it goes better than everything else he's looked into that hasn't happened.

I'm careful not to scroll down to the comments section because I'd lose my rag if I read them.

Avoid. Reading the sycophantic deluded mob on there, I haven't had to go to the barbers since I read let comments section 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, rigger said:

I cannot find anywhere that says Reading have had points deducted, only that they might have a sanction imposed.

Hence my question mark! the penalty hasn't been handed down yet but the media generally expects Reading to lose points.

Heading from my favourite paper but there were any number of easy to find articles saying the same thing.

Reading in line for points deduction over breach of EFL financial rules

• Championship club face losing six to nine points 
  • Reading were placed under transfer embargo in summer

11 hours ago, 47er said:

So have Reading haven't they? Little chance of us being relegated this season!

That Mowbray has a charmed life!

Hugely charmed for the last two seasons. Even if it didn't make the difference between relegation or staying up (imo I think it helped last season but won't be necessary to stay up this year) it does inflate our league position making it more favourable. 

The best thing that has happened to TM and Maggot is COVID. Huge excuse for every ineptitude and failing making them bullet proof. Between that and all these administrations and the like they have it very easy. 

19 hours ago, JHRover said:

For going into administration, not for breaking spending rules.

There are rumours they will get a points deduction for fiddling their accounts but those are rumours that have been rumbling for months. No points deducted yet.

The 12 points for going into administration have been deducted - Derby are now on -2 points. There is a further penalty of 9 points for accounting issues pending and another 3 if and when payments to staff are not made in any month.

2 hours ago, only2garners said:

The 12 points for going into administration have been deducted - Derby are now on -2 points. There is a further penalty of 9 points for accounting issues pending and another 3 if and when payments to staff are not made in any month.

I suppose the issue is that the -12 points for entering administration is mandatory and automatic, and nobody can argue against it. Points deductions for FFP issues are a different ball game, open to arguments and interpretation of figures. Let's see if they or Reading get any knocked off for that. I hope they do but will believe it when I see the league table with them off. They've been talking about it that long I won't hold my breath.

On 23/09/2021 at 08:20, Mike E said:

Have we ever had chants for getting rid of a CEO before? I'm hoping it starts next game for this absolute shyster.

are you starting the chants during the game then Mike?

9 hours ago, rigger said:

I cannot find anywhere that says Reading have had points deducted, only that they might have a sanction imposed.

14 hours ago, Gav said:

I was unsure where to put this, but some of my faith in the club has been restored reading through Yasirs twitter feed.

Yasir is the Integration and Business Development Manager at Ewood and is doing some brilliant work locally by the looks of things.

https://twitter.com/yasirsufi?lang=en

In addition to this gentleman, we have a new head of Commercial, Paul Fielder.

• Backroom
9 hours ago, RevidgeBlue said:

Funny how these appointments went with no fanfare, don't the club normally shout about new appts from the rooftops?

I'd rather hear about these guys than John Park.

• Like 2

I am all for change and I have advocated change however what is abundantly clear to me is that a few on here have very little understanding of what has gone on behind the Ewood doors, what continues to go on and what is happening in the interim and future of the club.

I say to all, and I reiterates I have done nothing but advocate change over the past year, is to bear with the club, and try and understand the elements working together for our club. Being critical and now having a solid understanding of things which I didn't have before, I truly believe there is a seriously positive outlook for everything BRFC.

It is just about understanding, watching and then supporting what comes next. I will say no more but the future really does look Blue and White💙

• Like 9

12 hours ago, RevidgeBlue said:

Come from Hull City and has been in place since July according to what I have research about him. Seems to have a good CV from what I have read

3 hours ago, Mike E said:

Funny how these appointments went with no fanfare, don't the club normally shout about new appts from the rooftops?

I'd rather hear about these guys than John Park.

We don't make these appointment public anymore. 

17 minutes ago, 1864roverite said:

I am all for change and I have advocated change however what is abundantly clear to me is that a few on here have very little understanding of what has gone on behind the Ewood doors, what continues to go on and what is happening in the interim and future of the club.

I say to all, and I reiterates I have done nothing but advocate change over the past year, is to bear with the club, and try and understand the elements working together for our club. Being critical and now having a solid understanding of things which I didn't have before, I truly believe there is a seriously positive outlook for everything BRFC.

It is just about understanding, watching and then supporting what comes next. I will say no more but the future really does look Blue and White💙

Are you not able to elaborate?

22 minutes ago, RoversClitheroe said:

Are you not able to elaborate?

I am and I can but at this moment I wont. There are a number of reasons, personal and private why I wont. All I will say is that I have personally seen some of the things going on as well as being made aware of a number of other things that are happening right now and will continue to do so in the interim and near future to the benefit of this great club.

It doesn't help when people jump on a speculation bandwagon that has no foundation. Its the truth, and that is out there, that matters.

• Like 4