BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Waggott's interview with media

19 minutes ago, Dreams of 1995 said:

But when you look at Venkys you have to look at their past behaviour as well as finances 

They have the ability to hire almost any name they can realistically attract to Rovers but so far we have been in the market of cast offs or dodgy pundits. There’s not many who have had a good CV come through the doors in their time. In that case it is hard to think of whatever positive could be happening behind the scenes. Especially when one of the biggest chancers we have seen in Waggott is still sat on his spinning chair.

Can't disagree with any of that. Actions speak louder than words as they say so we'll have to see what happens over the coming months.

3 hours ago, Mattyblue said:

Some kool-aid swallowing here 1864. You’ve viciously and consistently slagged these owners off for years and now you are decrying those that haven’t yet had your St Paul conversion as ‘negative’ or ignoramuses  that just ‘don’t understand’. After this disgraceful decade, said fans have every right to be sceptical about a few cryptic clues on a message board.

Oh and it must have been a pretty shit decade if not getting stranded in the third division is something to savour for a club that was a PL stalwart when they got their hands on it.

Yep,what/who the hell has got to you Roverite?

Edited by SIMON GARNERS 194

I don't know 1864 from Adam, but I'm pretty sure that he isn't on a wind up mission at all.

I'm nothing special or 'in the know', but I was one of those who was asked for input prior to his discussions with the club taking place; my gut feel tells me that 1864 is genuine, and I applaud him for getting off his arse and making the conversation happen.

In hindsight, perhaps he shouldn't have said anything on here and kept schtum, seeing as it bothers people. He's doing the right thing, however, by keeping in confidence what was said to him.

As always though, Venkys are Venkys, so let's see what arises. 

And before anyone asks, no, I don't know anything!

I’ve absolutely no issue with whatever it is he’s doing, hope it comes off. I’ve also  no issues with the little cryptic tidbits posted by the likes of 1864 or Rev, or whoever. It’s no different than a bit of transfer gossip, livens up the board and you can take it or leave it.

I do have an issue with 1864 calling ‘negative’ those that don’t believe they have changed just because they haven’t had the dubious honour of a sit down with those that have said a lot this past decade and delivered the square root of feck all. 

If he wants to take what is being fed to him at face value after a decade of BS then good luck to him (especially after he’s been stung before) but I and others reserve the right to be just a little sceptical.

• Like 9

2 hours ago, 1864roverite said:

Sunderland, Ipswich and Wigan? All suffered additional relegations we

I'm not sure we can really say any of those clubs are in that bad states compared to us.

I mean granted they are currently in the League below, but Sunderland and Wigan are looking like promotion contenders and Ipswich were expected to be and look to have a manager and squad set up to compete for promotion.

All those clubs suffered relegations to League One just like we did. The difference was/is that all went down due to ownership cuts and changes, whereas we went down purely down to mismanagement.

Sunderland got rid of Ellis Short and are now debt free under new ownership. Ipswich got rid of Marcus Evans and are now debt free under American ownership, Wigan got rid of their dodgy owners and are now run by someone who has pumped in money and turned them around so far.

All are on a more stable financial footing, less debt, better managed and getting bigger crowds than this club.

Put simply if you were to offer me their positions with new owners now or our position with Venkys I'd take theirs any day of the week. A couple of weeks in the top 6 won't change that for me.

• Like 3

57 minutes ago, 1864roverite said:

Then you are so wrong my friend and before anyone suggests it I am not a plant, a reporter, an in the know, a conspirator or whatever else some may suggest.

Most people know my feelings about the Raos and the destruction of our beloved club. However, the only thing that is giving me any hope are the rumours -from various sources-that things might be changing. And such messages are coming from others, who have posted similar views to my own as well.

Yes, it might be another case of a thousand candles burning for the help that never came, but I am managing to keep an open mind-somehow!

Would you mind sending me a private message giving me a hint. If not, no worries...

I also understand that Rovers have 15 people employed to "influence" social media, but I stress I don't include you in that group...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, arbitro said:

The only thing I know for sure about these owners is that they aloof and arrogant. They didn't reply to the Currie and Battersby offer a few years ago and from the recent information haven't even acknowledged the letter from Rovers Trust. I'm pretty sure that there have been others trying to contact them to absolutely no avail. The damage, as far as I'm concerned is irreparable and everything bad that has happened to our club in the last decade (and there is a lot) is down to them. If someone has got or believes they can get some dialogue with them then good luck to them.

As far as I'm concerned the best form of redemption from them would be to write off the debt and let some other group who actually care to take over. Until that day I can't come close to giving them anything other that short shrift.

Mssrs Currie and co are not here banging the door down nor is anyone else wanting to buy the club as it stands.

As for the letter I saw and read it agreed with a lot of the issues highlighted disagreed in the manner it was presented. That was my opinion. Funny re contact because all it took was a series of well constructed emails👍

What I don’t understand is if there is such positive steps being taken why isn’t the club sharing and promoting these ideas/plans. Surly if it’s a good thing waggott and co would be all over this in the media etc. Why keep secret positive news with such a dwindling fan base ? Any good PR would usually be all over social media and the news

• Like 5

55 minutes ago, Oldgregg86 said:

What I don’t understand is if there is such positive steps being taken why isn’t the club sharing and promoting these ideas/plans. Surly if it’s a good thing waggott and co would be all over this in the media etc. Why keep secret positive news with such a dwindling fan base ? Any good PR would usually be all over social media and the news

Because it isn’t happening

It will never happen whilst they are here. Simple as that really. I’d bet my last quid on it. Why have they suddenly realised what it takes to run a club and, if they have, why is it taking so long to sort it? 

• Like 8

• Backroom
3 hours ago, 1864roverite said:

Mssrs Currie and co are not here banging the door down nor is anyone else wanting to buy the club as it stands.

As for the letter I saw and read it agreed with a lot of the issues highlighted disagreed in the manner it was presented. That was my opinion. Funny re contact because all it took was a series of well constructed emails👍

You couldn't be wider from the mark (not necessarily the person mentioned, mind).

30 minutes ago, Mike E said:

You couldn't be wider from the mark (not necessarily the person mentioned, mind).

IPL owners still keen to invest within the club? 

@1864roveriteplease don't tell me the positive changes that are going to happen are things like this Memory wall being opened up to under 18s? Yes it's a nicety but it's not a big change that's needed.

Staff getting there free season tickets taken away too, really struggling to see what these positive changes are.

Edited by RoversClitheroe

3 hours ago, Oldgregg86 said:

It's a very fair question. The only explanation I can put on it is that the new appointments have been made by Venky's and the mob down at Ewood don't feel like advertising the fact.

As for the positive steps, it's still very early days and you would hope the Club would release information in a managed way in due course as and when appropriate.

• Backroom
41 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

So who is after the buying club Then?

People with similar wealth to Venkys.

People with similar wealth to Jack Walker.

People somewhere inbetween.

I know of at least 3 parties with an active interest, but while the club isn't for sale, nothing to be done.

7 minutes ago, Mike E said:

I know of at least 3 parties with an active interest, but while the club isn't for sale, nothing to be done.

Ignoring the Venkys intransigence for a moment this is the most positive and believable post I've read on this thread in the past 2 days.

6 hours ago, Mattyblue said:

If he wants to take what is being fed to him at face value after a decade of BS then good luck to him (especially after he’s been stung before) but I and others reserve the right to be just a little sceptical.

Being fed? Quite the contrary MB. If you think I just turned up for a chat without research or being unprepared you are mistaken.

I think being stung once is a tad off the mark. At the time and it was a good few years ago I accepted what Shaw told me and I did not have access to the research and kind of information I had before going on this occasion.

In any case DS turned out to be exactly what he was thought to be😅

16 minutes ago, AllRoverAsia said:

Ignoring the Venkys intransigence for a moment this is the most positive and believable post I've read on this thread in the past 2 days.

It just isn’t credible to believe that there is billionaire interest in Rovers and that in midst of a worldwide pandemic venkys wouldn’t sell 😅 I say that because if there was it would be out there and obvious 

30 minutes ago, Mike E said:

How do you know this and these people? 

Active interest? 

5 hours ago, 1864roverite said:

Thanks to the owners the club is pretty much unreliable a buyer is out of the question unless it's a nominal sum after the owners have wrote the debt off. People have tried in the past to help them but grew tired of banging their heads against the brick wall the owners are. As I said if you really believe you can get through to them find but I certainly won't be doffing my cap to them.

• Like 3