BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Safe Standing - Your Thoughts

15 hours ago, Darrenbot said:

I wouldn't give away fans any standing areas,youre just encouraging them to create a better atmosphere for their team,keep them sat on their arses and let the home fans stand up.

But you could squeeze more in, the rest of your post will be of no concern to Del Boy Waggot.

4 hours ago, Mattyblue said:

You have a point Colt.

Someone mentioned NO1 of the Blackburn End. Yes, the back corner has a hundred of so folk stood up throughout the game.

But the rest of that block is full of folk that have been there for donkeys years. They were probably bouncing around the old Blackburn End terrace in 1992, but thirty years on I’m not sure how much appetite is there now!

But the ones who want to sit could move the 10 yards to NO2.

On 31/08/2021 at 15:19, Mattyblue said:

Well obviously, I was merely pointing out that NO1 isn’t brimming with Rovers Ultra types.

I never said it was. What I suggested was, that it was an area that would produce the least amount of hassle for people who did not want to be in a standing area.

N01 is still a fairly busy area, as is NO2 (apart from the front rows). Plenty of folk to piss off.

N05 would be better, seems fairly sparse over there this season.

Fun this SimStadium game, as it’s the closest we’ll get whilst Swag ‘is looking into it’.

Edited by Mattyblue

• 3 weeks later...

Clubs in the Premier League and Championship are to be allowed to trial 'Safe Standing' areas from January.

As someone who grew up standing in the (ahem) massed ranks on the Riverside and Blackburn End, I can remember the feeling of being in a real crowd very well, and although the proposals for so called 'safe standing' are likely to be a watered down version of what used to happen on the terraces, I wondered what people's thoughts might be about bringing back standing at Ewood Park.

My view is that it is kind of meh - there will never be a return to the crowd scenes of yesteryear, or the immediacy of being in a heaving swell of bodies going mental when we score, or the rush of folks to the wall to bait the opposition fans and players if they scored instead. So for me, no thanks.

Mind you, if they bring it back at Blackpool, I'm not going, as all I recollect from standing in the rain at Bloomfield Road, as was, was some bloke pissing on the backs of my legs as the queue for the horrible bogs was too long. 

• Like 1

Have a look at the Fans Forum minutes on the Club website.  1,000 seats being converted will cost £70k and they may have to move some existing ST holders (the irony of it); it won’t happen!!

Maybe we could ask Millercare Mobility to sponsor a safe standing area along with a couple of our loan player sponsorships.

Edited by Bad Boy

4 hours ago, Mattyblue said:

Good idea, but I imagine this club won’t bother; ‘cost makes it too prohibitive’ etc etc…

though ground improvements aren’t impacted by FFP and we have owners that ‘never refuse a cheque’.

Waggot could charge extra for standing? 

1 hour ago, Bad Boy said:

Have a look at the Fans Forum minutes on the Club website.  1,000 seats being converted will cost £70k and they may have to move some existing ST holders (the irony of it); it won’t happen!!

Maybe we could ask Millercare Mobility to sponsor a safe standing area along with a couple of our loan player sponsorships.

Take the seats out of the Directors Box to make a standing area and make the freeloaders who frequent it pay for tickets. 😁😁😁😁

3 minutes ago, arbitro said:

Take the seats out of the Directors Box to make a standing area and make the freeloaders who frequent it pay for tickets. 😁😁😁😁

It is usually almost empty, even the freeloaders don’t turn up any more 😬

Edited by Bad Boy
  • Like 2

Cardiff have already announced they will be installing rail seating on the back 5 rows of their stand behind the goal to provide the option for anyone who want to use it.

Sensible. Proactive.

Rovers will 'look into it', make it look like a far bigger job than it really is, mumble about the cost and do nothing.

• Like 1

Shrewsbury (2018) and Wolves both launched safe standing some time ago.  Both clubs went to the licensing authorities rather than wait for the legislation to change.  According to Shrewsbury it has “revolutionised” their match day experience and has encouraged a new cadre of younger fans to their club.

1BAE9D8E-8976-4048-B78C-795CB589849C.jpeg

A73BC497-2726-43BF-919A-CCE99820CB12.jpeg

PS. There was a lot of unsafe standing at Barnsley 😌

Edited by Bad Boy

• Moderation Lead

Just so we are clear- this was brought up at the fans forum. Everyone there seemed keen and it was on the agenda. I know our CEO isn’t everyone’s favourite, but he knows about it and he wants it to be implemented. 
He is also aware that some season ticket holders will be upset. The Riverside and Blackburn End N01 were mentioned as potential locations for this, FYI.

I've never and probably never will understand this. Personally I'm not going to feel any more like singing just because I'm stood up. I don't really get why people are (apparently) singing less because they're sat down. It's completely bizarre to me.

• Like 2