BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Premier League season 21/22

2 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

They spent 60 million pounds on new players. Yes alot of players signed from overseas so I guess you have settling in period for them. I do wonder if Pukki and Krul will be there next season..

I wouldn't say spending over 8 million pounds each on 3 players are cheap gambles but they decided to go young players instead on PL experience..

On loan signings. They had 4 loan players last season as this season squad had. 

He missed the Everton game due to personal reasons 

Touched on the Norwich situation in my previous post, but they seem very strange. Their team is worse than last season, you wonder if they need to take a step back and perhaps make a change or 2, either in the managerial position, the director of football or indeed both.

Compare to Watford, no kids on loan from clubs in the same league, reasonable but not irresponsible transfer fees, no big sales, bits of experience (on cheap/free deals) in Sissoko, King and Rose, and someone in Emmanuel Dennis who has hit the ground running. Or Brentford, a similar story, Ajer from Celtic catching the eye, and both are very competitive in this league. Norwich weren't last time and they aren't this time, and considering that they were the winners of the Championship, something has gone wrong again, 16 losses on the bounce in the Premier League is shocking.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Their team is worse than last season, you wonder if they need to take a step back and perhaps make a change or 2, either in the managerial position, the director of football or indeed both.

Well Farke has signed a new contract at Norwich recently for 4 more years. 

Webber's contract is up at the end of the season and from reports he will leave 

6 minutes ago, roverandout said:

Norwich don't have enough English heart in their team. Too many foreign fancydans

They just dont have enough quality. They had 3 English starters at the weekend and a couple of Scots. Brentford had 3 Englishmen and they did well, Southampton had 7 and they have yet to win a game. Wont find much correlation.

Having heart doesnt have to come from English players, there is no reason to think that foreign players care any less.

• Like 3

11 hours ago, windymiller7 said:

The Brentford Liverpool game was a terrific watch. Especially just having been on Ewood watching us demolish Cardiff.

That save Raya made from Jota in the first half was something else!

Agreed they got Raya on the cheap. Top class keeper, Arsenal must be kicking themselves that they ended up paying an additional £18m on Ramsdale.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, arbitro said:

How on earth did Burnley not get a penalty yesterday for an assault by Krul on Vydra? Dyche is becoming an expert at playing the victim card but yesterday he had a case. What on earth is the VAR looking at.

Because there is a god.

• Like 4

Claudio Ranieri being linked. Strange one but might know their Italian owners.

They get criticism but it nearly always works in getting Watford where they want to be. 5 years in the Prem, 2 automatic promotions, a play off final and an FA Cup final all in the time we've drifted around the middle/bottom of the Championship and gone nowhere but at least we haven't upset St Tony and he and his mates have had 5 years cash for it.

No room for nice guys in this game.

• Like 4

3 hours ago, JohnGo said:

Brentford beat West Ham to go 7th. Raya cheap buy, I wonder what those who thought it was a good deal think now. Selection to the Spain squad getting nearer by the day.

Apparently because we got Kaminski over a year after selling Raya we had the last laugh. Don't mention that he will be another one we are forced to sell soon as we can't or won't give him a proper contract extension.

3 hours ago, JohnGo said:

Brentford beat West Ham to go 7th. Raya cheap buy, I wonder what those who thought it was a good deal think now. Selection to the Spain squad getting nearer by the day.

Fair enough but he was shit for us.  Mistake after mistake...Good for him if he's improved but nobody improves under Mogadon 

2 very good games on Sky Sports today. 

Palace and Leicester was very enjoyable to watch and ended 2-2. 

Liverpool and Manchester City was great game for the neutral to watch and Foden was the best player on the pitch for me. Played with such maturely, intelligent and quality.   

I didn't see any of the other games, but Liverpool v City was a belter. Liverpool don't have the same intensity to their game as they did two years, but they still had enough quality to hurt City. That Salah goal was a brilliant piece of skill. Liverpool are making a decent fist of it for now, but I think they are going to tail off come January when the Africa Cup of Nations starts.

I still think City are the team to beat. They were impressive at Chelsea last weekend and were very good again today, fighting back twice. Even though they conceded twice today, they have looked the best defensively up to this point.

Foden showed his quality by putting in a big performance in arguably their biggest game. I thought Bernardo Silva was excellent again, as he was against Chelsea. It's like the ball is glued to his foot when he dribbles, it's not easy to take the ball off him. He also plays a key role in City winning the ball back from the opposition.

Looking at who they play next, an 8-0 home win would be perfect.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Sparks Rover said:

Fair enough but he was shit for us.  Mistake after mistake...Good for him if he's improved but nobody improves under Mogadon 

Agreed Sparks, we should have sold Mowbray and kept the lad. Problem being we’d have to pay to get rid of the poor smuck. It shows that with a good goalkeeping coach and another couple of years development we’d have a £25m to £30 goalkeeper. For all those that disagree all I would say is look at Ramsdale to Arsenal.

On 03/10/2021 at 08:33, arbitro said:

How on earth did Burnley not get a penalty yesterday for an assault by Krul on Vydra? Dyche is becoming an expert at playing the victim card but yesterday he had a case. What on earth is the VAR looking at.

The trip by Hanley looked nailed on as well. All that said, when you fail to beat bottom of the league who have lost their opening 6 games you are in real trouble. 

11 hours ago, SuperBrfc said:

I didn't see any of the other games, but Liverpool v City was a belter. Liverpool don't have the same intensity to their game as they did two years, but they still had enough quality to hurt City. That Salah goal was a brilliant piece of skill. Liverpool are making a decent fist of it for now, but I think they are going to tail off come January when the Africa Cup of Nations starts.

I still think City are the team to beat. They were impressive at Chelsea last weekend and were very good again today, fighting back twice. Even though they conceded twice today, they have looked the best defensively up to this point.

Foden showed his quality by putting in a big performance in arguably their biggest game. I thought Bernardo Silva was excellent again, as he was against Chelsea. It's like the ball is glued to his foot when he dribbles, it's not easy to take the ball off him. He also plays a key role in City winning the ball back from the opposition.

Looking at who they play next, an 8-0 home win would be perfect.

Well it's usually 5 they put passed us but the way we are playing right now 8 isn't out of the question.

5 hours ago, Claytons Left Boot said:

Just looked at Beunlah’s fixtures for the remainder of October and November and can’t see many points coming their way. Won’t be long.

Oh I don't know about that - Southampton, Brentford, Wolves and Palace are all beatable - not saying we will of course but a result is more than achievable. I'll accept I don't expect much from Chelsea/City/Spurs.

Just now, longsiders1882 said:

Oh I don't know about that - Southampton, Brentford, Wolves and Palace are all beatable - not saying we will of course but a result is more than achievable. I'll accept I don't expect much from Chelsea/City/Spurs.

Can I asked how you played against Norwich and was a point a fair results? 

is Dyche still playing the same tactics and formation as last season? 

Where are those fixtures home or away?

35 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Can I asked how you played against Norwich and was a point a fair results? 

is Dyche still playing the same tactics and formation as last season? 

Where are those fixtures home or away?

Tactics are pretty much the same - though when the front Pairing is Vydra/Wood there is subtle difference to two big men up top. I'm not sure but I suspect when Cornet is fit we may see some further small tactical differences as he would add additional options.

We played reasonably well against Norwich - and for me deserved 2 penalties. We should have won but are lacking a cutting edge in front of goal. Wood needs to find his shooting boots again and really we need Vydra fit and starting for me. So I didn't think a point was exactly fair but I also didn't think we created enough clear chances to win the game.

Brentford and Palace are at home - however we can't win at home at the minute so the away fixtures might be our best option.

7 hours ago, longsiders1882 said:

Tactics are pretty much the same - though when the front Pairing is Vydra/Wood there is subtle difference to two big men up top. I'm not sure but I suspect when Cornet is fit we may see some further small tactical differences as he would add additional options.

We played reasonably well against Norwich - and for me deserved 2 penalties. We should have won but are lacking a cutting edge in front of goal. Wood needs to find his shooting boots again and really we need Vydra fit and starting for me. So I didn't think a point was exactly fair but I also didn't think we created enough clear chances to win the game.

Brentford and Palace are at home - however we can't win at home at the minute so the away fixtures might be our best option.

Get Big Sam in 👍