BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Premier League season 21/22

5 hours ago, longsiders1882 said:

Do you lads want any chips with that salt? 

Shame it couldn’t go ahead as the conditions gave us half a shout. Plus side is I’ve got Covid so couldn’t go and now I’ll get to go to the rearranged match.

Hope you get well soon. I’ve had it for two weeks and at times it’s not been pleasant. I wouldn’t wish a bad dose on my worst enemy. Finally feeling properly better today but still having a coughing fit now and again.

This Omicron variant can f*** right off.

11 hours ago, roverandout said:

Not knocking Burnley but u have to admit ur ground is a little bit 'dated'

15 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

I wouldn't be sacking Benítez anytime soon  as he is very experience manager at this level and has had key players missing this season like Calvert-Lewin, Mina and Richarlson plus Gomes. 

Who better could they get?

We will see , rumours circulating a bad defeat against Liverpool on Wednesday and he is toast !!!

16 hours ago, longsiders1882 said:

Do you lads want any chips with that salt? 

Shame it couldn’t go ahead as the conditions gave us half a shout. Plus side is I’ve got Covid so couldn’t go and now I’ll get to go to the rearranged match.

Everyone has their issues don't they? I'm "salty" and your mob are still so obsessed with Rovers (despite being in the league above) that you're coming on this board to see what we're saying about your super modern stadium and infrastructure...

Hope you get better soon though, wouldn't wish Covid-19 on any dingle!

1 hour ago, Displaced Rover said:

Everyone has their issues don't they? I'm "salty" and your mob are still so obsessed with Rovers (despite being in the league above) that you're coming on this board to see what we're saying about your super modern stadium and infrastructure...

Hope you get better soon though, wouldn't wish Covid-19 on any dingle!

tbf, while we share a bit of banter with longsiders, he has been coming on these boards for years and is usually very balanced in his posts. He wouldnt have lasted this long if he wasnt. 

• Like 7

8 minutes ago, JacknOry said:

tbf, while we share a bit of banter with longsiders, he has been coming on these boards for years and is usually very balanced in his posts. He wouldnt have lasted this long if he wasnt. 

Indeed. I've seen many of his posts. My point was fairly tongue in cheek but still stands, I might be "salty" but I barely post on here, let alone be bothered/care enough about them to go and see what our six fingered friends have to say...

• Like 1

5 hours ago, JacknOry said:

4 hours ago, Displaced Rover said:

Indeed. I've seen many of his posts. My point was fairly tongue in cheek but still stands, I might be "salty" but I barely post on here, let alone be bothered/care enough about them to go and see what our six fingered friends have to say...

Your boards, your entitled to your beef. Rovers will always be our arch rival, well they will for me. Obsessed? Not really but I’ll always care more about your fortunes (hoping they are bad) than the other 90.

2 hours ago, Rogerb said:

An article in today's Guardian suggests EFL and premier league in secret talks to do away with parachute payments because of the distortion it causes at championship level.

But that would really mean more shared amongst the PL clubs because there isn’t a cat in hells chance they will distribute that money to the whole league instead. In  principle it seems right but they’d have to transition as clubs have built budgets based upon that money being there.

2 hours ago, Rogerb said:

An article in today's Guardian suggests EFL and premier league in secret talks to do away with parachute payments because of the distortion it causes at championship level.

This will be PL driven to drive their 'closed shop' ideal world, as was FFP. Anything to make clubs outside of the PL less competitive.

The EFL are mere lapdogs to their PL masters.

Is there still a Monopolies Commission?

Meanwhile we delude ourselves into thinking that there will be coming an effective fan driven Government supervised football regulator.

Edited by AllRoverAsia
  • Like 2

Got the Southampton game on, Armstrong starting. He looks pretty much the same as he did playing for us, ambling around looking a bit disinterested until he gets the ball when he comes alive a bit. Doesn't look like he's improved leaps and bounds, but also doesn't look out of his depth, makes you wonder if the step up isn't quite as huge as it is sometimes made out to be. Not out of reach of a few of our lads.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, booth said:

Blimey Burnley are poor. Wolves not much better and they are 6th.

10 hours ago, simongarnerisgod said:

burnley are just a bunch of spoilers and wolves wer`nt good enough to break then down,two poor sides imo,when you get into the bottom half of the premier league it is`nt that impressive is it

10 hours ago, Wheelton Blue said:

Yep, Burnley Wolves was terrible. Burnley are hard to play against, but totally devoid of any entertainment factor. Atritional football, but it works for them.

10 hours ago, booth said:

Spoilers and decent at defending. A good point for them all things considered and they have rock bottom Newcastle next which could get them out of the relegation zone.

prior to last night we were scoring regularly. I’ll give you that was a poor game though, from both sides. I’d happily back our squad against the best in the championship.

10 hours ago, simongarnerisgod said:

bye bye rafa🙂

Hoping they keep him a bit longer, might give us a chance on Boxing Day.

10 hours ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

Must win game for Newcastle.

And for us in reality- we desperately need a few wins as much as they do.

2 hours ago, longsiders1882 said:

prior to last night we were scoring regularly. I’ll give you that was a poor game though, from both sides. I’d happily back our squad against the best in the championship.

I doubt you'd keep your best players in the Championship but you'd have that benefit of parachute payments to get some decent Championship players in to replace them.

Last night Burnley looked like some of the championship teams I've watched recently. Mind you Wolves did and they are 6th. It seems the thing separating Championship and lower Premier League teams these days is the quality of defenders, and of course managers.

Based on last night, I couldn't see any Burnley players being attractive to other PL teams. That Cornet fella is supposed to be something, but he was anonymous last night. Tarkowski would probably be appealing I guess.

Burnley's strength is physicality, discipline and organisation, rather than individual flair or brilliance. 

41 minutes ago, Wheelton Blue said:

Based on last night, I couldn't see any Burnley players being attractive to other PL teams. That Cornet fella is supposed to be something, but he was anonymous last night. Tarkowski would probably be appealing I guess.

Burnley's strength is physicality, discipline and organisation, rather than individual flair or brilliance. 

Out of contract in the Summer. West Ham rumoured to be after him in January for £7m.

They won't keep Cornet if they go down.

1 hour ago, Wheelton Blue said:

Cornet had a very off night, so far he's been excellent. If you failed to see the performances of Taylor and Collins then I'd suggest your blue tinted glasses blinded you

23 minutes ago, booth said:

Out of contract in the Summer. West Ham rumoured to be after him in January for £7m.

They won't keep Cornet if they go down.

The Tarkowski situation is well known. It was decided we wouldn't sell as he was worth more to us in the squad than the fees on offer. What we've seen of Collins so far suggests we'd manage well enough without. I have no inside track but I suspect Tarkowski's future has already been sorted. I'd be quite surprised if that was in London, more likely Leicester. Of course things change and money talks so I anything could happen.

10 minutes ago, longsiders1882 said:

Cornet had a very off night, so far he's been excellent. If you failed to see the performances of Taylor and Collins then I'd suggest your blue tinted glasses blinded you

The Tarkowski situation is well known. It was decided we wouldn't sell as he was worth more to us in the squad than the fees on offer. What we've seen of Collins so far suggests we'd manage well enough without. I have no inside track but I suspect Tarkowski's future has already been sorted. I'd be quite surprised if that was in London, more likely Leicester. Of course things change and money talks so I anything could happen.

Do you think Collins is likely to stay if you go down?

43 minutes ago, longsiders1882 said:

Collins and Taylor played well as part of the defensive unit.

My comment was more one of doubt that another PL team would come in for them should Burnley get relegated, at least one who's better than you.

Edited by Wheelton Blue