BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Huddersfield (a) - 28/09/2021

Biggest worry is that now the thin squad is being hit with the inevitable injuries, the players we are relying on, either loans or academy players aren't just don't seem to be anywhere near good enough.

We all knew the good form wouldn't last but the game on Saturday is huge. We either bounce back or its the start of another Mowbray death spiral.

• Like 1

• Backroom

We'll find out soon enough if anything has truly changed this season. Lose to Blackpool and I think we're on our way to yet another Mowbray death spiral. Relying on Nyambe/Lenihan/Ayala to stay fit was always going to be a huge, huge gamble and as they begin dropping in and out through injuries and suspension I think we'll really struggle.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Wing Wizard Windy Miller said:

Reality check all round there.  All about staying up this season as expected. 

Then binning Mowbray.

Yep. I'd be blooding as many youngsters as possible. Saadi, Harlock, Nolan, McBride and Burns should all be in and around the squad from the little I've seen of the U23s and how weak our bench is week in and week out. 

Stuff Clarkson and Poveda. van Hecke I'll reserve judgement on - but he shouldn't get game time over Carter and Wharton. 

• Like 6

Always up against it tonight with Lenihan out, then Nyambe, then Rothwell...

It looks like Tony's brain was out too. Why bring Poveda and Clarkson on in such a tough game?

Some good performances tonight and a shame that those players who put such a shift in came away with nothing.

Let's hope Lenihan, Nyambe and Rothwell are back for weekend.

I've got a terrible feeling that like last season we're going to have one of the league's top scorers and Tony is going to be the weak link yet again.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, joey_big_nose said:

Cardiff were 8th when we played them.

No they weren’t, they were 10th one point off 15th (amazes me how people just make stuff up like that, without checking) but right now they are bottom half and 16th. Get what you are saying, but Cardiff won’t be anywhere near top half.

Edited by AAK

Really poor performance and the signs of a small squad being exposed.

Magloire stood out, he wouldnt be a professional if he wasnt so fast. You know he must be bad when the manager feels the need to change the whole system because he doesnt trust him. A change that didnt work, Buckley had a poor game. Why not bring on Edun, an actual full back, yes its not ideal that hes left footed but it surely causes less disruption than chucking on a no hoper? Shame that Mowbray signed an injured player. Ayala was so exposed today, Carter had a shaky night as did Pickering.

Poveda was embarassing when he came on, he looks woeful. Gallagher and Dolan very poor. Brereton at least keeps on scoring, Travis was ok and what a run by Rothwell.

• Like 4

Mowbray’s substitutions gifted the points….from the moment he brought on Magloire , shuffled Carter, nullified Buckley….

To the introduction of Poveda ( dire ) and Clarkson ( he’s a Rovers fan , as am I and I could have been as effective) …what a dreadful performance on the touch line ….and don’t get me going on our “ ability “ to take a throw in .

Mowbray responsible …

• Like 9

There’s a lot to work on.  so, so easy for Huddersfield to score three goals. 

There’s a lot of youngsters in the rovers side and that inevitably means a lack of game time and a lack of nous. Old heads are invaluable and that’s what we’re missing IMO.  A Couple of players that can slow things down a little when the game needs it, along with someone on the field that can help the lads around him and particularly behind him keep their shape when WE are attacking.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, jim mk2 said:

6th is a false position for us. The squad is limited in ability and numbers. We'll slide gently down the table as the season goes on

Totally agree, the whole team defensively is atrocious, it’s not just the back 4 it’s the team as a whole, you can see, clearly, that they are not trained to defend, they have no idea how to defend as a team, it’s like watching schoolboys. 

• Like 2

Shows how thin the squad is when we lose anyone from the first 11.

Lenihan not starting was a big miss but thought Carter did ok. Nyambe going off was a killer with Magloire having a stinker in his place.

Rothwell goes off and you’re looking at a load of lightweight kids to replace him. All the subs made the team worse tonight. 

If you score 2 goals away you should be coming home with a point at least.

3 minutes ago, Exiled_Rover said:

Yep. I'd be blooding as many youngsters as possible. Saadi, Harlock, Nolan, McBride and Burns should all be in and around the squad from the little I've seen of the U23s and how weak our bench is week in and week out. 

Stuff Clarkson and Poveda. van Hecke I'll reserve judgement on - but he shouldn't get game time over Carter and Wharton. 

Burns is the only one out of the players you have named, Who could play first team at this time