BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Huddersfield (a) - 28/09/2021

4 minutes ago, Sparks Rover said:

Just been down the ticket office...the main Rovers section  is virtually full just single tickets, the family bit has some with seats together.....looks like a decent following 

Arrgghhh dunno if I should bother now then or not 🙈 

9 minutes ago, Sparks Rover said:

Just been down the ticket office...the main Rovers section  is virtually full just single tickets, the family bit has some with seats together.....looks like a decent following 

Good to hear. I know it's local and we're on decent form, but with Blackpool at the weekend I could've seen the turnout being a bit low. 

9 minutes ago, BigUts said:

Arrgghhh dunno if I should bother now then or not 🙈 

They went off sale at Ewood a few minutes ago. Ring the club and ask them how many they have returned to Huddersfield which should help you with your decision.

If we win this we really are in business.

Like a lot of stuff I would say what is working in our favour is quite unexpected.  Our "powderpuff" midfield actually looking very effective. Travis looks much more like his old self, Buckley puts some real crunchers in and nicks the ball away frequently, and Rothwell pace in closing down has been really strong. The opposition do seem much more challenged by it compares to the predominantly Johnson/Holtby/Evans/Trybull/Rothwell (Travis was out injured most of last season) combos we were putting out last year.

On top of that - very unexpectedly if you look at last few seasons stats - the forwards are scoring. Few would have predicted that.

I don't think any manager would have planned it this way, but it's performing.

My general impression watching Rovers and other clubs and national teams is the youngsters do tend to do better than expected. Also Ayala being for has had a huge benefit to the rest of the team.

• Like 2

If someone had told you at the start of the season that Brereton and Gallagher would have double figures between them by the end of September you would think they meant September 2022.

Fair play to them, our side looks much more consistent at the moment, and that's because Mowbray doesn't have loads of players to keep happy anymore so he's been forced to play his strongest 11 every game.

Don't think we'll lose tonight, feel likes it got a draw written all over it but I wouldn't be surprised to see us snatch a win.

I think Saturday will be the banana skin with a big following going, and the vast majority probably expecting to win comfortably no doubt.

1 hour ago, arbitro said:

They went off sale at Ewood a few minutes ago. Ring the club and ask them how many they have returned to Huddersfield which should help you with your decision.

Spoke to the ticket office who advised there are 'loads' of on the gate tickets available

• Like 1

2 hours ago, joey_big_nose said:

If we win this we really are in business.

Like a lot of stuff I would say what is working in our favour is quite unexpected.  Our "powderpuff" midfield actually looking very effective. Travis looks much more like his old self, Buckley puts some real crunchers in and nicks the ball away frequently, and Rothwell pace in closing down has been really strong. 

On top of that - very unexpectedly if you look at last few seasons stats - the forwards are scoring. Few would have predicted 

My general impression watching Rovers and other clubs and national teams is the youngsters do tend to do better than expected. Also Ayala being for has had a huge benefit to the rest of the team.

BB-D & Gally are finally getting a chance to play regularly, and in a formation that suits them. 

Is it possible when Arma was with Rovers, guys stood around, waiting/hoping for him to win the game? 

Ayala & Pickering are both really helping the defending. 

I’d like to see Rovers stay in the playoff zone after this one is over. We’re flirting with being a top side, let’s prove it today!

COYB! 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Admiral Nelsen said:

We're not the only side with a couple of potential fitness issues tonight. Apparently their key man Lewis O'Brien is a doubt, alongside fellow midfielder Jonathan Hogg.

Heard he is a bit of a squealer when tackled and makes a pigs-ear of it when trying to cross the ball. Wont be missed for Hudds as much as I will miss the bacon sarnie I forgot to bring to work.  

• Like 3

1 minute ago, JacknOry said:

Heard he is a bit of a squealer when tackled and makes a pigs-ear of it when trying to cross the ball. Wont be missed for Hudds as much as I will miss the bacon sarnie I forgot to bring to work.  

I got boar-ed after the first one mate 🙂

• Like 2

• Backroom

I’m feeling positive, this is an uncomfortable feeling….

On train back from Brum and may not be back till half time, anyone know if there’s a way to get red button games on the Sky Go app?

30 minutes ago, Tom said:

I’m feeling positive, this is an uncomfortable feeling….

On train back from Brum and may not be back till half time, anyone know if there’s a way to get red button games on the Sky Go app?

Red button games are available on the Sky Sports App Tom...via phone etc