BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Huddersfield (a) - 28/09/2021

26 minutes ago, K-Hod said:

Yet a quick Google search says he’s not even on half a million a year….

The same Google search says Patrick Bamford is on £2 Million a year and I’d bet not many Leeds players are on more than he is….

Last season, I think you will find Leeds' wage bill was substantially in excess of £100million - almost five times the level of Rovers.

The information came from a source who would certainly have access to that kind of knowledge and I would give it a 90%+ rating as being correct.

Edited by Mercer

5 minutes ago, Mercer said:

Last season, I think you will find Leeds' wage bill was substantially in excess of £100million - almost five times the level of Rovers.

The information came from a source who would certainly have access to that kind of knowledge and I would give it a 90% rating as being correct.

Even if he is on that amount, which with your track record is unlikely, it doesnt indicate how much we are paying of that. Mowbray wanted experience, he said as such but the loanees were brought in because we couldnt afford experience.

Either way, even if he was just signed as a cheap desperate signing to add to the numbers with the manager not having the funds for anything other than heavily sponsored loans as seems to be the case, speculation of his wage aside, the most important thing is rhat he looks rubbish.

• Moderation Lead
9 minutes ago, Mercer said:

The information came from a source who would certainly have access to that kind of knowledge and I would give it a 90%+ rating as being correct.

That’s the thing though, I couldn’t find evidence of that anywhere, there were only four players in the Leeds squad earning £2 Million a year or over and Poveda wasn’t one of them. Which stands to reason, given this is pretty much his first pro contract. I don’t think there’s any way Poveda is on that amount. Anyhow, I’ll leave it there so as not to take the thread off topic any more. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Uddersfelt Blue said:

Don’t know if it’s been mentioned but Povieda ran straight down the tunnel at the end, not acknowledging anyone as far as I could see. 

Seems that Mowbray has a problem or two with the loan players he has taken on. 

Probably got a pie on.

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, K-Hod said:

That’s the thing though, I couldn’t find evidence of that anywhere, there were only four players in the Leeds squad earning £2 Million a year or over and Poveda wasn’t one of them. Which stands to reason, given this is pretty much his first pro contract. I don’t think there’s any way Poveda is on that amount. Anyhow, I’ll leave it there so as not to take the thread off topic any more. 

The season Leeds were promoted (2019/20), their wage bill was reported around the £80million mark (and this is in the public domain).

It has since rocketed (now believed to be substantially in excess of £100million) including a new five year new deal for Bamford understood to be way ahead of the £2million you mentioned. 

I have no reason to believe the information about Poveda's salary is incorrect.  After all, a few years ago even the likes of Jason Lowe were earning a fortune in the blue and white halves. 

Tonight’s issue is squarely on the lack of transfers over the last 4 windows. When our fist player off the bench is Magoire it shows the failure of the manager. It’s a blessing Ayala has been fit this long. Lenihan is going to miss at least 4 through suspension and a handful through knocks. The way the squad is constructed we’ve gone into this campaign knowing Magloire/Carter wete to be counted on. We’re actually lucky Carter has been as good as he has been. 

squad depth a real problem. The loanees are mostly shite too 

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, booth said:

Probably got a pie on.

4 minutes ago, Uddersfelt Blue said:

Don’t know if it’s been mentioned but Povieda ran straight down the tunnel at the end, not acknowledging anyone as far as I could see. 

Seems that Mowbray has a problem or two with the loan players he has taken on. 

He’s a child. Thinks he’s better than he is. Upset he’s not playing at Leeds and instead of working to prove he’s good enough, sulks and could give a toss about us. Type of lad that would take his balls and leave after he gets scored on at the park because he’s too good for everyone else. 

send him back 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, yankfan said:

Tonight’s issue is squarely on the lack of transfers over the last 4 windows. When our fist player off the bench is Magoire it shows the failure of the manager. It’s a blessing Ayala has been fit this long. Lenihan is going to miss at least 4 through suspension and a handful through knocks. The way the squad is constructed we’ve gone into this campaign knowing Magloire/Carter wete to be counted on. We’re actually lucky Carter has been as good as he has been. 

squad depth a real problem. The loanees are mostly shite too 

Yes. You reap what you sow and tonight was the first real time this season it came home to roost. 

It is going to happen more and more as we get into October and beyond. That is inevitable. 

Magloire isn't remotely good enough yet he is first off the bench. I assume the excuse soon will be how unfortunate we are to have Lenihan, Wharton and the Brighton loan all out injured at once.

The others are looking pretty mediocre too. 

Then when we sell Brereton, Rothwell, Nyambe and Lenihan in January all hell will break loose.

A few years ago Mowbray had the luxury of being able to turn away bad eggs on the basis of having tattoos and ripped jeans.

Nowadays beggars can't be choosers and I think the Leeds lad is here simply because they are happy to have him out of the building for the season.

5 minutes ago, yankfan said:

He’s a child. Thinks he’s better than he is. Upset he’s not playing at Leeds and instead of working to prove he’s good enough, sulks and could give a toss about us. Type of lad that would take his balls and leave after he gets scored on at the park because he’s too good for everyone else. 

send him back 

One thing to note, Clarkson is a teenager, Mowbray shouldn't be throwing him into high pressure situations like that expecting him to deliver.

Poveda is 21 (22 in February) and should be a lot better than that in the Championship.

They could improve but I can't see either of them featuring for their parent clubs in the future.

• Like 1

Just now, booth said:

One thing to note, Clarkson is a teenager, Mowbray shouldn't be throwing him into high pressure situations like that expecting him to deliver.

Poveda is 21 (22 in February) and should be a lot better than that in the Championship.

They could improve but I can't see either of them featuring for their parent clubs in the future.

Sadly he had little alternative. The likes of Holtby, Evans and Downing were correctly allowed to bet let go but we were only given the money to be able to afford a handful of kids on loan. Mowbray said he wanted experience but couldnt afford it so when we get an injury or two we look really shaky.

• Like 1

A disappointing night and I fear that there will be a lot more to come over the next few months as injuries, suspensions and lack of form really start to bite. I thought Huddersfield deserved their win as we only started to play in the second half. Defensively we started poorly and pretty much stayed like that for the entire game. Two goals away at on out of form team should be enough to get at least a point but our errors gifted Huddersfield three goals. I really think, on the back of this Mowbray will start to tinker again and put us on another of his death spirals. He will panic and start with wacky formations and tactics which has been a trademark of his time here after a poor defeat. His loan signings have been really poor and offer nothing. He brought three of them on tonight and left Butterworth on the bench despite calling him a 'demon' recently. 

The honeymoon is over I believe.

• Like 4

Just now, roversfan99 said:

Sadly he had little alternative. The likes of Holtby, Evans and Downing were correctly allowed to bet let go but we were only given the money to be able to afford a handful of kids on loan. Mowbray said he wanted experience but couldnt afford it so when we get an injury or two we look really shaky.

He had alternatives tonight.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, chaddyrovers said:

Brereton keep scoring goals and 9 for the season so far. But we need to keep key players fit for the majority of the season tho and add 2 or 3 players in January 

A few issues with your fanciful scenario:

1) Keeping key players fit - as we are already starting to see that rarely happens

2) Adding 2 or 3 players in January - we spent next to nothing in the whole summer and relied on cheap loans. Why will January be any different?

3) Will you not be supporting sales of Nyambe, Rothwell and Lenihan in January to ensure we get cash for them before their contracts expire?

• Like 4

Just now, booth said:

He had alternatives tonight.

None of the subs really stood out as obvious alternatives. Butterworth over Poveda would have been fair simply based on how poor Poveda is but Butterworth gets better with each game that he doesnt play in. Edun is a left back ideally.

I didnt agree with his tactical change to accomodate Magloire and would have brought Edun on at that time so I wouldnt disagree that Mowbray made mistakes tonight. 

4 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

None of the subs really stood out as obvious alternatives. Butterworth over Poveda would have been fair simply based on how poor Poveda is but Butterworth gets better with each game that he doesnt play in. Edun is a left back ideally.

I didnt agree with his tactical change to accomodate Magloire and would have brought Edun on at that time so I wouldnt disagree that Mowbray made mistakes tonight. 

On the 75th minute of a game you're hanging onto it's quite simple though. Gallagher was a weak link so considering who was left on the bench put Butterworth on for Gallagher and Edun for Rothwell who looked tired. Keep Dolan on, but bring Khadra on if you must. Keep it simple and try to hang onto that point while counter attacking.

Certainly don't put two players on who have been very poor in previous games. Give them a run out when we're 5-1 up, not when we're clinging onto 2-2 away from home.

• Like 8

Tony's oompa loompa team were outstrengthed tonight.  First and last away game for me...utter shyte.

That poveda he kept tripping over the ball when they were kicking in before the game with oompa loompa Lowe.  Terrible player.

Clarkson - I really do know better 15 year olds and I can get them down on Saturday, get shut of them little lads

Kedra - headless chicken, nice feet but we need good footballers - proper ones

Bucko - my old mate, passive tonight.  ok, tony put him in a stupid positon but he did himself no favours, turning back all the time to the poxy Magliore.....them 2 down the right and I'd have fancied myself against them two

Dolan - not for me, has little boy pace.

Gally - shyte

Pickering - League 1 left back without doubt.  Can't stop a cross to save his life, a bit slow too.

That's 7 outfield players out of 10 who are not fully fledged championship players.....

Chaddy is confused again cos he got carried away with cardiff, who got gubbed 4 at home tonight, so that puts that into perspective.

MOWBRAY OUT NOW!

• Like 1

Just got home. After attending my first game in nearly 2 years I was pumped to be back and I enjoyed the game.

Result was not unexpected given the way we played but my early observation is that we didn't cave immediately. Last year we would have gone 1 down and given in. We have more steel but the change in shape baffled me completely as we were left so exposed through the middle it was frightening.

We need Leninhan and Rothwell back pronto.

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Because even if you think that the first 11 is good enough, which I dont, the squad is paper thin. Beneath lie a lot of players not up to it.

No surprised with that opinion.

I'm not writing off any player at this stage who we signed. Most of signings haven't been here a month yet. So let's see how they are in a couple of months time. But I see good options in this squad going before. Time to reassess is December when we can line players up for January to sign. 

34 minutes ago, Mercer said:

I think I know to the nearest £thousand / per week.

My understanding is his Leeds' salary is £2MILLION+ pa and the + is significant!!!

Don't think so. 

6 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

No surprised with that opinion.

I'm not writing off any player at this stage who we signed. Most of signings haven't been here a month yet. So let's see how they are in a couple of months time. But I see good options in this squad going before. Time to reassess is December when we can line players up for January to sign. 

Don't think so. 

As pointed out elsewhere, I very much doubt that we will have the funds for numerous January signings, considering that "the journey is on hold," that money is at a premium and that such proactivity has never been seen in the past.

The squad is going to be stretched beyond its limits on Saturday, making it very difficult to remain competitive.

• Like 2