BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Blackpool (a) - 2/10/21

18 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Based that we have 16 points on the board and only on Saturday we beat Cardiff 5-1 and produced one of the best performances Ive seen under Mowbray

With two defenders and a midfielder missing from the team at the weekend.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, rigger said:

Having seen Johnson for the U23s, the only way he is bringing protection to the midfield, is by tiring out their players, because they have to go the long way round him.

He is just getting his fitness back in a non competitive environment. We need some experience and physicality in there.

1 hour ago, chaddyrovers said:

Really looking forward to this game and the entire day out should be excellent one with friends I haven't seen in months. 

I am looking forward to the game and another live game inside a stadium setting. 

Its look like Lenihan will be out injured and Nyambe is out. So I would set up like this

Kaminski

Maglorie Carter Ayala Pickering

Buckley Travis Rothwell

Gallagher   Dolan   Brereton

If Rothwell isn't fit then I would bring in Davenport in or Butterworth into the 10 role and go 4-2-3-1 instead. 

totally agree

Based that we have 16 points on the board and only on Saturday we beat Cardiff 5-1 and produced one of the best performances Ive seen under Mowbray

Who is Gunning? Do you not mean Garrett? 

Might be a good day out but it will be a long match to endure if Magloire plays. We have a natural full back who we paid money for, not ideal on the opposite side but better than playing a centre back who is probably conference level.

Would also put Gallagher central, and would bring in Johnson or if not fit enough, Davenport to add some bite next to Travis. If Rothwell is fit, drop Buckley, if not then obviously Rothwell misses out.

4 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

He is just getting his fitness back in a non competitive environment. We need some experience and physicality in there.

Might be a good day out but it will be a long match to endure if Magloire plays. We have a natural full back who we paid money for, not ideal on the opposite side but better than playing a centre back who is probably conference level.

Would also put Gallagher central, and would bring in Johnson or if not fit enough, Davenport to add some bite next to Travis. If Rothwell is fit, drop Buckley, if not then obviously Rothwell misses out.

If you think the U23s is non competative, then you do not go to many of their games. You can only bring physicality to a game if you are fit yourself.

Carter is not a full back and should not be played there. Last night he had no idea going forward and that’s why we faffed around too much with the ball being too reliant on Rothwell. 

4-4-2 is the way to win this game, Blackpool will have seen how our midfield gets overrun and will no doubt target it. 

Ayala and Carter to be play central Pickering at left back - the right back slot? Not sure at all how we fill it but Magliore is clearly the player to go there.

Midfield needs to be Travis and Johnson/Buckley or Davenport with Dolan and Khedra on the flanks leaving BBD and SG up front. in fact I would even suggest Butterworth be given a run out from the off.

Be in no doubt it will be a tough outing but with the international break looming o e last effort is required to secure a point or to sneak 3 would be lovely.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

Who is Gunning? Do you not mean Garrett? 

Yes. Thanks. I mean Garrett. I couldn't remember his name.

If we don't pick Magloire we can only play a back 4 of Travis, Carter, Ayala, Pickering. Davenport to replace Trav in midfield. God help us if we have any more injuries during the game.

9 minutes ago, tonygreenbank said:

Don’t you think this young man deserves support from both management and fans alike? What do you think the S stands for in BRFCS? Are you so sure that he has no future here? 

It is not a lack of support to predict that a player will never be up to standard to play at this level on an internet messageboard.

21 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

It is not a lack of support to predict that a player will never be up to standard to play at this level on an internet messageboard.

I seem to recall the same comments made about Brereton. Some players develop at different rates. I like to think that Mowbray sees something in him otherwise he wouldn’t be anywhere near the first team squad. Let’s see how his career develops before we dismiss him.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, tonygreenbank said:

I seem to recall the same comments made about Brereton. Some players develop at different rates. I like to think that Mowbray sees something in him otherwise he wouldn’t be anywhere near the first team squad. Let’s see how his career develops before we dismiss him.

I think Brereton is a good example, there was no evidence really in those first 2 years that we had a good player on our hands, definitely not one who would score 9 in 10 games. Ultimately, when anyone doubted him at that one point, me included as I did, they were justified to have an opinion, and they were wrong if they predicted anything other than what we see today.

If the policy is refraining from holding an individual opinion and discussing those, simply believing solely in the manager, then this messageboard ceases to exist. I predict that he won't make it at this level, think that he is a total liability at the moment and would prefer never to see him again in a Rovers shirt for both of those reasons. That being said, if he does play, I will support him as I do all of the players whether I rate them or not, and certainly don't wish him any bad luck or ill will if he does go further down to continue his career.

Although to be honest, Mowbray clearly doesn't rate him that highly otherwise he wouldn't have signed a loanee centre back on top of 4 centre backs already over Magloire, and he wouldn't re-jig the whole team and system in a failed attempt to protect him.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, RV Blue said:

How anyone can say that Magloire should play for this club again is beyond me.

I mean, a little harsh, he's still a bit raw and could improve. I wouldn't ban him from ever playing again. But I'm in absolutely no rush to see him any time soon. Needs to go to League One in Jan and establish himself like Carter did or then I can't see a future for him here.

Edited by bluebruce
  • Like 1

47 minutes ago, tonygreenbank said:

Whatever he becomes in the future, based on his appearances this season he's not good enough now and Van Hecke was signed with an injury. So let's hope Lenihan is okay to play on Saturday.

Is Wharton back mid October? (anyone?)

Edited by booth

1 hour ago, tonygreenbank said:

Don’t you think this young man deserves support from both management and fans alike? What do you think the S stands for in BRFCS? Are you so sure that he has no future here? 

i think he`ll be quietly released when wharton is back match fit,a centre back who can`t jump or head a football is`nt much use,he has been exposed consistently when he`s played for rovers,if you are weak in the air as a centre back you can`t hide at any level of football,derek williams was the same,there is only one answer,get shut

• Like 2

1 hour ago, BlackburnEnd75 said:

If lenihan and nyambe are out then I think we need to improvise at right back to avoid having to play magloire.

Option 1) Travis to right back?

Option 2) Carter right back, a half fit bradley Johnson at cb? 

Option 3) edun at right back

Option 4) buckley at right back

Any others?

Edun ever played CB?

• Like 1

12 hours ago, BlackburnEnd75 said:

If lenihan and nyambe are out then I think we need to improvise at right back to avoid having to play magloire.

Option 1) Travis to right back?

Option 2) Carter right back, a half fit bradley Johnson at cb? 

Option 3) edun at right back

Option 4) buckley at right back

Any others?

What about Ash Phillips?