BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Blackpool (a) - 2/10/21

• Moderation Lead
25 minutes ago, 1864roverite said:

Truly shocking overall and why oh why have we attracted some real scrotes making cocks of themselves ? Flare throwing morons need fucking off

That’s the least of our worries tbh. 
At least they’re trying to have a good time.

Which the XI on the pitch had the same enthusiasm!

• Like 3

All football league clubs have MANAGERS or LEADERS….the dictionary defines these as …..” somebody who takes control, administers, directs and ensures things are happening and operating as they should be. ..someone who creates a vision and inspires people to follow that vision and move forward to achieve it….

A LOSER is defined as …someone who is habitually failing

INCOMPETENT …is defined as … not having the ability to do something as it should be done

We have Tony Mowbray ….and things will remain as they are tonight with this manager/ loser/ incompetent in situ 🧐

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, jim mk2 said:

Why would he praise opposition fans? 

just said they created a good atmosphere,then he procrastinated about how we are a young side who need to learn some harsh lessons,same old b******s we says most weeks tbh,seemingly is passes him by that he signed them all and most of them ar`nt good enough

• Like 2

If Mowbray is due in India for talks next week, I think the owners shou cancel the tickets immediately and save the money.  We started the season ok but are now back to type.  Playing lads out of position, no game management etc.  Took a run of about 17 games without winning to semi sort it last time and I can only see this happening again. 
if you remember when Brereton was first signed, he was like a fish out of water but a couple of weeks on international duty under a manager who knows what he is doing the lad came back a different player.

I always saw there was a player in him, please refer to my past posts 

Time is up with Mowbray and Waggott for that matter.

Our owner's need to reassess the situation and quickly.

• Like 9

1 minute ago, Paul Mellelieu said:

Four points dropped for me over the two games.  The league is full of poor teams, which we can beat with our first teams out, but injuries have done for us, just as we knew they would do.

…I agree Paul ….injuries have done  for us …but the situation is compounded by crazy decisions…sending Pike on loan, playing Magloire out of position ( if he had to play him at all ) , playing Gallagher in front of Magloire when neither can defend, signing players who are injured ( bloke from Brighton ) signing blokes who look dire in the shirt ..(  Poveda) , bigging up Butterworth only to burst his bubble by not playing him again…

Injuries improve, get better…with Mowbray no time on the treatment table will make him any better …we’re buggered until he goes… dark days 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, DE. said:

I can see us slipping down to 15th or lower before we finally start picking up more points. We'll then go on another brief winning run, getting within touching distance of 6th before falling away again. And that's probably an optimistic prediction. 

You have absolutely no historical data to support that... oh wait

3 minutes ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

Its difficult to see us win any game if we are missing any of our first choice start 11. Thats where we are at 

We could maybe get by without Gally, Dolan or Rothwell for a few matches. But our back line has been paper thin for years.  “Defenders are coming”

• Like 1

Magloire is horrific at right back, I wouldn’t have played him at all, if there was no other option at least put him at centre and Carter who has shown he can play the rb position is surely a better idea. As most said, surely Eden is a better option that playing magloire at all who should be moved on at the earliest opportunity 

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, jim mk2 said:

Why would he praise opposition fans? 

his words: “Credit to Blackpool, there was an amazing atmosphere in the stadium right from the first whistle and it’s amazing how the supporters are behind the team and you can see why they’re doing alright and a difficult side to play against.”

A Blackpool fan on Radio Lancs did give Rovers fans praise for the atmosphere created, but not TM. He could have added a few words for us but chose not to. Hope those that sing his name remember this.

• Like 2

I can't remember seeing a professional football match with two polar opposite performances from the same team. The  first half was slow, lacked any intensity, no tempo, not winning second balls, giving up cheap possession, no real press and lots of individual errors. The second half we were better at every aspect of the game and perhaps should have won the game. Magloire was poor in the first half but I really think he was hung out to dry by his manager and Gallagher who simply has no defensive awareness. Carter and Ayala were bullied by the Madine but in the second half turned the tables on him. The question has to be asked of Mowbray why did this happen. No doubt some of the sycophants will point to the second half and praise him but for me he got it wrong from the start. The buck stops with him and the stark difference between the two halves is down to him, he is responsible for tactics, set up and basically getting it right. Today he didn't.

And infuriatingly he praised the Blackpool supporters for getting behind their team in what was a clear swipe at us, the fans who had to endure such an abysmal first half. The bloke just doesn't accept any responsibility, his ego just won't allow it so he gives out veiled criticism of everyone and everything.

• Like 5

3 minutes ago, Bbrovers2288 said:

Magloire is horrific at right back, I wouldn’t have played him at all, if there was no other option at least put him at centre and Carter who has shown he can play the rb position is surely a better idea. As most said, surely Eden is a better option that playing magloire at all who should be moved on at the earliest opportunity 

Like I said earlier his head was down and it looked like his nerves had been hit in the first half. Second half we pushed up so he wasn't as exposed. 

Magloire was a very lucky (or very unlucky) lad to still be on the pitch for the start of the second half.

I can't remember when the last time I saw an RB performance as bad as that first half from him.

What boggles my mind is by the data, granted from that one run, he is one of the fastest players in Europe. But he was the slowest lad on the pitch today. Turned like the Evergreen. I had a pitch side view of him first half too and it was just painful.

Tbh I could see the look on his face clearly as well and I'm not sure he wanted to be there. If he is capable of Mbappe top speeds, the only excuses for the sloth-like running today can be that he was being lazy or isn't really fit.

• Like 1

• Backroom
4 minutes ago, arbitro said:

I can't remember seeing a professional football match with two polar opposite performances from the same team. The  first half was slow, lacked any intensity, no tempo, not winning second balls, giving up cheap possession, no real press and lots of individual errors. The second half we were better at every aspect of the game and perhaps should have won the game. Magloire was poor in the first half but I really think he was hung out to dry by his manager and Gallagher who simply has no defensive awareness. Carter and Ayala were bullied by the Madine but in the second half turned the tables on him. The question has to be asked of Mowbray why did this happen.

It was, he blamed the players.

“Collectively we didn’t compete well enough first half and the frustration was that we talked a lot about how this game was going to be,” Mowbray said.

“Their (Blackpool's) mentality would have been as an underdog, rightly or wrongly, and that’s how I portrayed it to the team and how an underdog fights and scraps for every ball.

“There were too many turnovers, too many balls going towards our own goal than theirs, and we managed to turn that around second half and if anything that’s a slight on the team that they can lift it so much.

“Why it didn’t start like that from the first kick-off? I’m not sure.

“There was a lot of talk about how this game was going to pan out and how they had to be ready for it, but great credit to their players that they managed to get on top in the first 45 minutes.”

“Were we second best in the first half? Undoubtedly. There was a frustration in the dressing room at half time.

“Because the team are young, and have been doing alright, these are harsh, but good, lessons that not every game is a nice game of football, there are days when you have to roll your sleeves and it becomes man on man.

“We talked at half time about winning your individual battles, not many of our players won them in the first half, so it was a game of two halves, probably, but we are really disappointed not to come away with anything from the second half and the fact they managed to turn it around."

Love how he talks about this like it's a one off, and we haven't had at least one turgid half in almost every game during his tenure here.

• Like 6