BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Blackpool (a) - 2/10/21

15 minutes ago, Wheelton Blue said:

I was looking forward to this game all week. More fool me.

Predicatably, Mowbray was out thought once again by his opposite number, in both formation, tactical awareness, and team selection.

Predictably, Mowbray continues to play players out of position. In this case, a centre half so far out of his depth in his normal position, predictably getting ripped to shreds at full back.

Predictably, Mowbray's team - who arguably on paper are better players then the opposition - gets rolled over by opponents showing more will and determination.

Predicatably, Mowbray will remain here for the foreseeable.

Predictably, we are going absolutely no where under this fella.

He has to go. Now.

Ahh a few were giving it big licks after Cardiff, I sprinkled some realism on it and sadly proved to be correct. It’s just so tedious going over and over the same story 

• Like 9

Shout out to that fan who at half time went and absolute unloaded on the coaches and subs. Showed more passion in those 2 minutes than TM and Rovers did in 45. Does anyone know what he said? I've never seen  professional cosches and footballers look so sheepish... they quickly stopped playing around and started doing a proper warm up.

Edited by Angry_Pirate
  • Like 7

7 minutes ago, Bbrovers2288 said:

Ahh a few were giving it big licks after Cardiff, I sprinkled some realism on it and sadly proved to be correct. It’s just so tedious going over and over the same story 

You don't half like blowing your own trumpet don't you?

Cardiff week you posted more than once about you being right about Gallagher because he had a good game and it proved the posters who criticized him wrong.

Yet no mention of Brererton by you who got a hat trick.Yet you were posting saying that you "haven't been taken in like other fans because he scored a goal for Chile" and taken in by all the Chilean fanfare

9 minutes ago, Bbrovers2288 said:

We’re just mid table makeweights under Tonebola. Personally I wasn’t remotely exited in 6th after beating Cardiff nor will I be overly bothered when we’re in 18th. That said even in 8th I still maintain relegation is far more likely than the playoffs even though don’t think either are happening. 

• Like 1

Really surprised to see Magloire in the starting line up and clearly Blackpool had done their homework on our weaknesses on that side of the pitch. 
We missed Nyambe and Lenihan badly but what we missed in the first half more than anything is any energy and organisation.

What a turnround in the second half, particularly when Gallagher went off and Edun came on. The midfield began to control the game with Rothwell and Travis pushing forward. Really impressed with Edun but no doubt he will be back on the bench next game.

Brereton in the right spot again, as a good striker should be, just a pity we don’t have another to join him. 

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, Angry_Pirate said:

Shout out to that fan who at half time went and absolute unloaded on the coaches and subs. Showed more passion in those 2 minutes than TM and Rovers did in 45. Does anyone know what he said? I've never seen  professional cosches and footballers look so sheepish... they quickly stopped playing around and started doing a proper warm up.

I'm more interested to know if he’s available to manage.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Uddersfelt Blue said:

Really surprised to see Magloire in the starting line up and clearly Blackpool had done their homework on our weaknesses on that side of the pitch. 
We missed Nyambe and Lenihan badly but what we missed in the first half more than anything is any energy and organisation.

What a turnround in the second half, particularly when Gallagher went off and Edun came on. The midfield began to control the game with Rothwell and Travis pushing forward. Really impressed with Edun but no doubt he will be back on the bench next game.

Brereton in the right spot again, as a good striker should be, just a pity we don’t have another to join him. 

Edun looked like the kind of player we need. Box to box, pressing the opposition, passing it forward, getting stuck in in defence.

Shame that by the time he’s a regular his confidence will be shot due to Mowbray continually leaving him out.

Edited by booth
  • Like 1

Worth thinking that Lenihan and Nyambe, who we missed today, have not signed new deals at the club. As far as I know, Nyambe can leave on a free next summer and Lenihan might be the same, or, perhaps, the following year. Perhaps, we saw a glimpse of the size of the rebuild job in that first half?

Edited by riverholmes
  • Like 2

27 minutes ago, riverholmes said:

Worth thinking that Lenihan and Nyambe, who we missed today, have not signed new deals at the club. As far as I know, Nyambe can leave on a free next summer and Lenihan might be the same, or, perhaps, the following year. Perhaps, we saw a glimpse of the size of the rebuild job in that first half?

Defenders are coming going.

Edited by Gavlar Somerset Rover!
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, islander200 said:

You don't half like blowing your own trumpet don't you?

Cardiff week you posted more than once about you being right about Gallagher because he had a good game and it proved the posters who criticized him wrong.

Yet no mention of Brererton by you who got a hat trick.Yet you were posting saying that you "haven't been taken in like other fans because he scored a goal for Chile" and taken in by all the Chilean fanfare

I’m still critical of brereton, he is improving in the goals department, but other aspects of his game are lacking. Put it this way, can you see him putting it in the net from outside the box?? Gallagher can and has btw. Somewhere between the two and you might have a good striker. I stick up for gallagher because he gets dogs abuse whereas brereton gets a free pass after the whole Chile stuff, it’s weird. 

but nice trolling anyway

2 hours ago, dallydally said:

Not the right place, I know, but just watching Brighton v Arsenal. What a complete prat Duffy remains. How on earth he is a regular Premiership centre back is beyond me

A premier league regular who could have went joint top of the league today with a win. He really doesn't care what you think 😂 His dad died last year and he had a torrid time at Celtic, so it's a testament to his character where he has gotten to imo 

For your own mental health, I would say move on and let the grudge go 

Edited by Bigdoggsteel
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, Bbrovers2288 said:

I’m still critical of brereton, he is improving in the goals department, but other aspects of his game are lacking. Put it this way, can you see him putting it in the net from outside the box?? Gallagher can and has btw. Somewhere between the two and you might have a good striker. I stick up for gallagher because he gets dogs abuse whereas brereton gets a free pass after the whole Chile stuff, it’s weird. 

but nice trolling anyway

I think Brereton has far more to his game now than Armstrong did last year. For some the only barometer for Armstrong was the goals he scored. Brereton travels with the ball better and generally links up with his team mates more effectively. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Angry_Pirate said:

He was sat behind me. He was questioning why the coaches had their hands in their pockets watching them train rather than coaching. 

• Like 7

13 minutes ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

A premier league regular who could have went joint top of the league today with a win. He really doesn't care what you think 😂 His dad died last year and he had a torrid time at Celtic, so it's a testament to his character where he has gotten to imo 

My mental health is fine thanks. I don't need to move on anywhere. All I was saying is I don't get why he manages to find his way into a Premiership team. No grudges here just honesty

1 hour ago, 1864roverite said:

the man remains a mystery to me. 

Good post. 

not a mystery to me. He’s a crap manager well out of his depth in the modern game. Sussed him about 4 years ago. 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

Not like you to stick up for an Irishman big doggy dog. 😉

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, Butty said:

If anyone thought we’d get a result today with Nyambe and Lenihan missing then you’re the definition of an optimist. It was never going to happen. 

The second half was better and if we'd started with that intensity it could have been different. There was no commitment in first half with most of our players sleep walking.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

Two deliberate own goals and a sending off in one game - it's not unreasonable to bear a grudge. The guy has no morals.

• Like 5