BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Blackpool (a) - 2/10/21

https://www.lancs.live/sport/football/football-news/blackburn-rovers-injuries-break-blackpool-21746960

Gallagher is having a scan on a hamstring injury. Not that he in isolation is a huge miss, but a potential front 3 of Khadra, Dolan and Poveda certainly won't put any fear into Coventry in a couple of weeks. Really lacking in forward areas.

7 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

https://www.lancs.live/sport/football/football-news/blackburn-rovers-injuries-break-blackpool-21746960

Gallagher is having a scan on a hamstring injury. Not that he in isolation is a huge miss, but a potential front 3 of Khadra, Dolan and Poveda certainly won't put any fear into Coventry in a couple of weeks. Really lacking in forward areas.

Is Brereton going to miss the Coventry game?

Well after Edun performance yesterday I would suggest he would start and We might well play 4-4-2 with Butterworth and Dolan up front with Buckley, Rothwell, Travis, Edun in midfield four. With Sam Burns on the bench

Edited by chaddyrovers

3 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Is Brereton going to miss the Coventry game?

Well after Edun performance yesterday I would suggest he would start and We might well play 4-4-2 with Butterworth and Dolan up front with Buckley, Rothwell, Travis, Edun in midfield four. With Sam Burns on the bench

Still not many goals there, and absolutely no evidence based on Mowbray's selection history that he would start Butterworth over Poveda or involve Burns.

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

shocking comment. 

I agreed there, He has been excellent this season and really step up to the plate to replace Armstrong's goals

agreed. 

Why shocking Chaddy? I’m just being honest, he’s a good player who has never been properly utilised whilst being at the club, I think he is wasting himself here under the current manager.

7 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

I don't think we are lacking in forwards any more than most teams. I just think we are playing the wrong system. We now have reasonable wingers, but don't play a system with wingers. I would play 4-4-2, with Diaz and Burns up front, Khadra and Dolan as the wingers. Travis and Rothwell as the two central midfielders.  

2 hours ago, den said:

You’re certainly not on your own about the central mids going AWOL.  

surely when the teams struggling especially away from home, you would go to a solid 4-4-2 with all four midfielders working as one across the park wouldn’t you?

Personally, after Huddersfield and with the two right-sided defenders out, I’d have put Travis and Davenport in front of the back four, and Dolan out right as he puts in a defensive shift. Edun in front of Pickering looked good enough.

I love Rothwell’s schoolyard dribbles as much as anyone but, when we don’t have the ball, I feel we are playing with one centre mid., and a not very disciplined one at that.

10 minutes ago, Parsonblue said:

I'm sure his agent would advise otherwise.  Every player has a 'moment' and this seems to be Brereton's.  Like Armstrong he needs to make the most of it if he has ambitions of playing at a higher level.  He's not going to get Premier League football with Rovers that's for sure.  

Having said that, even if he signs a contract the Rovers will be quick to sell in the summer if the right bid comes along.  Sadly, we are no longer a club that can retain players with ambition as our club has lacked any sort of ambition for some time now.

There is every chance he will have a release clause. His form up to the next window, is crucial for him and Rovers, not to mention, to a few fans too, who lumped on him to score 20 league goals.

40 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Still not many goals there, and absolutely no evidence based on Mowbray's selection history that he would start Butterworth over Poveda or involve Burns.

Same argument you made when arguing that Brereton couldn't replace Armstrong goals from last season. How many goals has Brereton got now? 10 goals in 11 league games. 

Well they wont be many goals they either if they don't play. 

39 minutes ago, AAK said:

Why shocking Chaddy? I’m just being honest, he’s a good player who has never been properly utilised whilst being at the club, I think he is wasting himself here under the current manager.

I always thought that they were player in Brereton and I am now pleased that we are seeing the full benefit of his talent. and no I don't he is wasting himself playing for our club

37 minutes ago, rigger said:

I don't think we are lacking in forwards any more than most teams. I just think we are playing the wrong system. We now have reasonable wingers, but don't play a system with wingers. I would play 4-4-2, with Diaz and Burns up front, Khadra and Dolan as the wingers. Travis and Rothwell as the two central midfielders.  

After yesterday game I think Edun has to play left and tbh I quite like Dolan playing off a main striker at the minute. 

10 minutes ago, Parsonblue said:

I'm sure his agent would advise otherwise.  Every player has a 'moment' and this seems to be Brereton's.  Like Armstrong he needs to make the most of it if he has ambitions of playing at a higher level.  He's not going to get Premier League football with Rovers that's for sure.  

Having said that, even if he signs a contract the Rovers will be quick to sell in the summer if the right bid comes along.  Sadly, we are no longer a club that can retain players with ambition as our club has lacked any sort of ambition for some time now.

Rovers have a 12 month extension on his contract. But I hoping he signs a 3 years contract. 

Plus depends who is the manager comes the summer and next season will decide Brereton future here. 

He has praised the Rovers home and away backing this season to be fair. Yesterday it's handier for his latest arse covering narrative to pretend the home crowd made more difference than his tactics and subs.

If we'd nicked a point he'd have been praising the away fans for driving us on....and himself of course.

As it is we started badly and got worse in the first half and he doesn't know why. And why would he, i mean he's only the teams manager after all.  For a guy who knows so much about everything most of the time i find that a little odd.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Cherry Blue said:

Fully agree with what Chaddy says about our passionate support yesterday. It was outstanding. Yet the Blackburn Rovers Manager could not publicly acknowledge Rovers fans yet he did for Blackpool fans. Imo this is a disgrace and he should be told. Another for the fans forum ( @only2garnersand @K-Hod).

It's simple - think Mowbray has got a way with murder in empty stadiums.  Now the fans are back, IMO, he can't handle the stick coming his and the team's way.

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, Parsonblue said:

IMO, no agent worth his salt would look to tie a talented player to a club going nowhere under a dinosaurial manager.

2 minutes ago, Mercer said:

It's simple - think Mowbray has got a way with murder in empty stadiums.  Now the fans are back, IMO, he can't handle the stick coming his and the team's way.

I did not hear much stick directed to TM yesterday after 2 dreadful back-to-back displays. As mentioned earlier one bloke near me tried to start a “Mowbray Out” chant; no one joined in and numerous fans told him to shut up.  
Perhaps he should be nicknamed ‘Teflon Tony’.

Yes @tomphilis correct that the Rovers fans has received alot of praised from the manager and players this season. And you seen the players still coming here to the fans yesterday. Kaminski and Ayala gave their shirts to fans yesterday. All the players came over the fans to thanks us for our support and even in the last couple of minutes Rovers fans were singing Mowbray's blue and white army. Fans were clapping the players off yesterday they produced a good second half performance. In the first half they were 2 chants of Mowbray sort it out during the first half.  

I think the Blackpool fans were good and vocal but I gave that would be the case in a local derby game. 

1 hour ago, simongarnerisgod said:

worked for clough as well,it`s the best system for us,if you are getting  overrun then get your second striker to drop back in midfield,a simple solution,tony has an overrated view of his own ability imo,he is`nt a good enough coach to get the strange formations through to his players,therefore he should keep it simple and get the players used to doing one job in their correct positions,keep it basic

It’s kept the dingles in the prem as well.

1 hour ago, rigger said:

Brereton will miss the Coventry game, but I think that Brereton suits being left of a 3 ideally, he showed in a couple of games lately in which he played centrally that it doesn't suit him to play central. Burns would be a total wildcard selection.

18 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Brereton will miss the Coventry game, but I think that Brereton suits being left of a 3 ideally, he showed in a couple of games lately in which he played centrally that it doesn't suit him to play central. Burns would be a total wildcard selection.

It is my opinion. I believe I am entitled to one. Burns a goalscoring forward, playing in a forwards position. Yes, that would be a total wildcard. Which are the, couple of games that he has played centrally where it didn't suit him ? With Diaz missing the Coventry game, I would play Gally and Burns up front.

Edited by rigger

23 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Will Brereton definitely miss the Coventry game? 

I think Brereton can play either role to be honest and his 10 goals so far proved this. 

He had more of impact yesterday from playing up front then he did wide left. Agree? 

4 hours ago, TheRoversReturn said:

I'd take a trip into admin and into the national league if we had to, just to get rid of them. We'd take some time to rise like a Phoenix, but we'd get there. 

I'd love to have a club to believe in again, owners who want the best for the club and a manager that actually gave a shit.

This club would never recover if we dropped as far as you suggest. Everything would be sold off and the club would simply die and wither like Bury FC.

2 hours ago, Cherry Blue said:

Fully agree with what Chaddy says about our passionate support yesterday. It was outstanding. Yet the Blackburn Rovers Manager could not publicly acknowledge Rovers fans yet he did for Blackpool fans. Imo this is a disgrace and he should be told. Another for the fans forum ( @only2garnersand @K-Hod).

That’s because he is simply an arrogant manager devoid of interest in his own clubs supporters

1 minute ago, 1864roverite said:

This club would never recover if we dropped as far as you suggest. Everything would be sold off and the club would simply die and wither like Bury FC.

we`ve got a big enough fanbase to recover imo,tbh,it`s the only way to get back to being a proper club,there is no future with maggot,mowbray and venkys,who now show  no interest and obviously listen to people with their own agenda

it`s very rare football clubs disapear completely,macclesfield have just been revived and bury are expected to start again,hereford,darlington,aldershot,newport,halifax and probably a dozen more have risen again,imagine us in the conference north,it would be fantastic going to bamber bridge,chorley and matlock😄,mark my words the club would soon be back on it`s feet

• Like 4

1 hour ago, simongarnerisgod said:

we`ve got a big enough fanbase to recover imo,tbh,it`s the only way to get back to being a proper club,there is no future with maggot,mowbray and venkys,who now show  no interest and obviously listen to people with their own agenda

it`s very rare football clubs disapear completely,macclesfield have just been revived and bury are expected to start again,hereford,darlington,aldershot,newport,halifax and probably a dozen more have risen again,imagine us in the conference north,it would be fantastic going to bamber bridge,chorley and matlock😄,mark my words the club would soon be back on it`s feet

I think totally the opposite why sell the clubs silverware to drop like a stone ? There would be no Ewood park no training facility no academy and no real prospect of anything other in a positive sense of the word. Not to mention the sometimes fickle Ewood crowd would disappear 

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, 1864roverite said:

I think totally the opposite why sell the clubs silverware to drop like a stone ? There would be no Ewood park no training facility no academy and no real prospect of anything other in a positive sense of the word. Not to mention the sometimes fickle Ewood crowd would disappear 

Derby, Wigan,Bolton,Coventry,Portsmouth ( twice ), Crystal Palace, Southampton,Bournemouth,Leicester,QPR, Leeds,Rotherham

If they can all survive administration and come back stronger, I'm sure Rovers can.

• Like 6