BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Blackpool (a) - 2/10/21

6 hours ago, tomphil said:

Not sure what this managers record is in local games but i'd imagine it isn't great. 

In games that matter to progressing the club - against the top teams for example - or which matter to the fans - such as yesterday - I imagine his record is terrible.

He's simply not a winner.

• Like 7

• Backroom
3 hours ago, Mercer said:

IMO, no agent worth his salt would look to tie a talented player to a club going nowhere under a dinosaurial manager.

Maybe he knows something about the manager that we don't?

2 hours ago, simongarnerisgod said:

imagine us in the conference north,it would be fantastic going to bamber bridge,chorley and matlock😄,mark my words the club would soon be back on it`s feet

As someone who sees a fair amount of Chorley and bamber bridge I really would not want rovers in any form playing at this level. These are very difficult leagues to get out of. Our present crowds are drawn from a wide area including bamber bridge and Chorley if rovers were playing at this level how much of what support was left would travel to Blackburn to watch this level?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Mercer said:

IMO, no agent worth his salt would look to tie a talented player to a club going nowhere under a dinosaurial manager.

IMO, no agent worth his salt would decide the next four year’s contract for his player based solely on who the manager was today. The average club will have three managers during four years. Even Venkys aren’t going to leave Mowbray in situ till 2026.

Anyway, I thought we were getting the PNE reject any day now.

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, Rogerb said:

As someone who sees a fair amount of Chorley and bamber bridge I really would not want rovers in any form playing at this level. These are very difficult leagues to get out of. Our present crowds are drawn from a wide area including bamber bridge and Chorley if rovers were playing at this level how much of what support was left would travel to Blackburn to watch this level?

it`s the only way to rid ourselves of the menace of venkys,maggot and moggasaurous,think of it this way,in some form or other there will always be a rovers,we ar`nt going to cease to exist,there will always be a football team in blackburn

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Rogerb said:

This is a very good point as I am a committed rovers st holder and live in leyland but would I travel to blackburn to see that level...... I just don't know and can not answer this with assurance as a yes, sorry just being truthful 

24 minutes ago, geedog13 said:

This is a very good point as I am a committed rovers st holder and live in leyland but would I travel to blackburn to see that level...... I just don't know and can not answer this with assurance as a yes, sorry just being truthful 

I'd support Rovers if they were in the nw counties.....always Rovers, brought up on nuttall street, 

You wouldn't travel 5 miles to see Rovers?🤷‍♂️

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, Sparks Rover said:

I'd support Rovers if they were in the nw counties.....always Rovers, brought up on nuttall street, 

You wouldn't travel 5 miles to see Rovers?🤷‍♂️

Geedog never said he wouldn't travel to see the Rovers. What he said, and I agree with him, is that he couldn't say if he would or not. Until we are actually in that position I don't think anyone can  

• Like 1

8 hours ago, TheRoversReturn said:

I'd take a trip into admin and into the national league if we had to, just to get rid of them. We'd take some time to rise like a Phoenix, but we'd get there. 

I'd love to have a club to believe in again, owners who want the best for the club and a manager that actually gave a shit.

I'd imagine some people would object, and I can understand why. 

But I'm absolutely with you. I don't care where we start again, just get them gone. 

Football really needs a massive story out in terms of who is allowed to buy a club (and how much) , and it's a shame that when owners prove to be toxic, as ours undoubtedly are, that the club cannot somehow be taken from them. 

I don't think football can be trusted to police itself. The whole thing is bent, isn't it really? It's not like you're preferred supersmarket suddenly going downhill so you switch to tesco. These are community assets, a large part of people's lives, and you can't expect it to be sorted out when there's such suspicion of back handed going on

• Like 3

3 hours ago, 1864roverite said:

I think totally the opposite why sell the clubs silverware to drop like a stone ? There would be no Ewood park no training facility no academy and no real prospect of anything other in a positive sense of the word. Not to mention the sometimes fickle Ewood crowd would disappear 

Agreed, I think it's nonsensical talk to say that anyone would CHOOSE administration as an option. If it's something that's forced on us as a matter of financial necessity years down the line then that's a different issue.

Someone above also said how good it would be to see us play at Chorley and Bamber Bridge, I couldn't disagree more, who the hell wants to see us turning out at places like that?

At present we have multi billionaire owners who have repeatedly backed us financially up to the limit currently allowed by the footballing authorities. We also still have a fine infrastructure. (as long as Waggott is prevented from selling it off ) Theoretically therefore all we're really lacking is an ambitious and capable manager in the dug out and competent management behind the scenes on the ground at Ewood.

I think the Club is at a bit of a tipping point really. In my view the Coventrio needed dispensing with last season and failure to do so has probably lost us any lingering chance of retaining the players whose contracts have been allowed to run down. It is well within the owners' powers to provide us with a top class manager, coaching staff, and boardroom. If they are prepared to do that then there could be exciting times ahead.

Certainly preferable to the prospect of administration, not the easy or instant fix it's glibly being portrayed as. If it happened we MIGHT bounce back to a degree but with no resources there'd, be no guarantees, we might not.

Going back to yesterday's game we got a glimpse of the future without Nyambe - and it wasn't particularly pretty.

My first thought was that surely we must have an actual RB from the Academy who could cover in an emergency, I wasn't even aware Pike had gone out on loan which seems crazy given Nyambe's and JRC's injury records.

Failing that Carter has already filled in there this season and done well, why not leave him there and put Magloire in his natural position at CB?

Or is that too simple?

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

It is well within the owners' powers to provide us with a top class manager, coaching staff, and boardroom. If they are prepared to do that then there could be exciting times ahead.

If they haven’t done that after more than a decade, what chance they ever will?

• Like 3

Carrying the hope that the owners are capable of appointing a decent manager, it's just not on the cards, is it really? With had eleven years of them appointing water carriers, yes men, and people like Steve kean. It would be akin to expecting the pope to snort coke out of Kerry katonas cleavage in the mosh pit at an ac DC gig. Yeah, yer man the pope could do something interesting with his time, but no, given past performance, I do feel it to be so unlikely as to be written off as not going to happen. 

I would argue that rovers have never felt the benefit of Venky's wealth since all of it had gone on servicing the big black hole of debt they themselves created. I think if the club ever gets back on an even keel again, they'll just turn the taps off as much as possible. 

In the end, they're going to get us relegated anyway. Possibly more than once. 

Edited by broadsword
  • Like 5

23 minutes ago, martonrover said:

If they haven’t done that after more than a decade, what chance they ever will?

if they somehow appoint someone who is progressive and ambitious he won`t last long working under a regime like this,lambert was out the door sharpish when he found out what the job was really about,the rest of venkys appointments have been journeymen and idiots,though i do think bowyer did a good job before they forced him to sell his best players

• Like 2

Rhetorical question - if Venkys suddenly pulled the finance plug how does anyone think Rovers would carry on, for example from January?

The club would be in serious dire straits and would not be able to operate.

The wages would not get paid, maintenance and operations football wise would cease meaning fixtures could not be finished.

Players could walk out added to an immediate points penalty, administration and a certain relegation.

There may never be a second season as there would be no funding, not even the most savvy of administrators would be able to save the club from another huge points deficit, a second relegation and then likely punishment from the Football League and a certain expulsion. That is the worst case scenario.

We keep seeing examples of teams coming back, Southampton - had seriously rich buyers who then sold on.

Derby - Mel Morris lost £200m of his own money just to take them back into administration!

Blackpool - are still in recovery and have a solid base to work from, that’s about it as far as I am aware, they still do t own their own ground and the nasty aroma of the Oystons still linger around the club.

Portsmouth - again don’t own Fratton Park and are still hamstrung by finances despite a larger fan base than most clubs outside of the PL.

Bournemouth - little club, little ground and seriously heavy in debt. Got out of admin because of football people, had a real journey but nearly lost their standing in football.

Bury - dead and buried!

There are massive clubs out there like Sunderland, Ipswich, QPR, Cardiff, Reading, Boro, Birmingham, Fulham, Coventry, Sheff Utd, Forest and Swansea that are all standing on the precipice of financial damage that will ruin them even when some are backed by money men and some with parachute payments still to be banked! Rovers are currently safe and are still bankrolled by Venkys for the time being.

Hate them or like them, that’s the cold harsh reality.

Its a picture some seem not to be able to fully comprehend and we appear to be slightly better off than a lot of others.

Even our nearest and dearest down in bumley face financial peril because of the manner their owners have bought the club.

Be careful what you wish for is what I say. (And before it is questioned I am I. The Venkys out club!).

• Like 4

10 hours ago, lraC said:

A mute point I guess. If we have a player who has a 20 goal plus season and we sell him for a profit of £8 million, I would say he was a good signing and a good sale.

Again---you are ignoring transfer inflation. The real profit IF we got one of $8M is much less than it seems. However the real damage is the players we could have got and needed more.