12 hours ago, roversfan99 said:

Assuming that Rothwell doesn't make it:

Kaminski 

Edun Carter Ayala Pickering

Travis Johnson

Dolan Buckley Brereton

Gallagher

Subs: Pears, Davenport, Khadra, Butterworth, Clarkson, Phillips, Cirino

I would pick Khadra and play Buckley with Travis. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, 1864roverite said:

its their derby match, hate each other so i can see pools point in limiting the opposition fans. Rovers v pool is just a local derby with no rivalry whatsoever

I don't know the setup and safety issues at Bloomfield but if Preston had got 1000 more tickets at Turf Moor than Rovers fans were getting a couple of weeks later we'd be kicking off about it.

2 hours ago, neophox said:

We should go for 3 points at Blackpool.. Nothing else. 

Travis can play right back if needed. 

If Rothwell is fit I would be tempted wit Rothwell and Buckley in the midfield. We all know we can't defend and better go for a 4-3 win... 

This makes sense to me.  And I’m mirroring other people’s suggestions on Edun right back.  I’d sooner see Buckley RB in a back four with Edun in midfield than a back five.  It’s proven time and time again it doesn’t work, so let’s stick to the shape that we know and the one that’s been most effective.

Limit the tinkering and pointless late changes.  We threw away a point the other night, so it’s paramount we get three on Saturday.

COYB

11 minutes ago, Sparks Rover said:

A pint of yours please🤷‍♂️ he isn't a full back surely you can see that....did you not see him prancing about when he should have been covering/defending on Tuesday?

Oh I know he isn’t, but I think that was more to the shape change with him as a wingback and Magloire in CB.  No one knew where they were supposed to be.

I meant to say I’d rather him there in a flat back four than Magloire, and I’d definitely rather him there than a change to three CBs to accommodate Magloire.

If that makes sense?  Give me Edun at RB any day over the other options.  I just don’t trust Mowbray to do that.  I was there on Tuesday and didn’t agree with the changes.

• Like 1

With the lack of another RB in the squad & assuming that DL, RN & JR are all missing of like to see this line up on Saturday. 

TK

Travis 

Pickering 

Ayala 

Carter 

Davenport 

Bucko

Butterworth 

Dolan

Gally

Diaz 

Massive ask for Butterworth to start considering his lack of game time, but he's gonna have to take that risk at some stage so why not Saturday when we are so low on numbers. The thought of Johnson being rushed back just donst sit well at all with me

4 hours ago, 1864roverite said:

its their derby match, hate each other so i can see pools point in limiting the opposition fans. Rovers v pool is just a local derby with no rivalry whatsoever

Clearly, you didn't stand on Blackpool's Spion Kop in the late 1960's when it was sometimes like a war zone when we met including the infamous ammonia throwing incident! 

9 minutes ago, Mercer said:

Clearly, you didn't stand on Blackpool's Spion Kop in the late 1960's when it was sometimes like a war zone when we met including the infamous ammonia throwing incident! 

It was quite lively in the seventies at Bloomfield road.

24 minutes ago, Mercer said:

You are right I first went to Ewood in 1970 as a 3 year old! Blackpool have no rivalry with Rovers over the recent 40 years apart from the odd occasions we have met when in the same league by comparison to that of the nobbers v lashers or indeed compared to us v the dingles.

For me Travis should play rb over Buckley . He’s stronger and more tenacious. Saw both ply for u23s there and IMO seems the best decision for the team. Not only would we have a weak Rb but we would lose Buckley’s creativity and vision in the middle. Travis bite can be replaced with davenport or Edun (never seen the latter play) . I don’t see a better available rb option than Travis personally unless any of the u23s are worth a game. Haven’t seen any youth football since pre lockdown 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, roversfan99 said:

Do people think there is a chance of postponement, looking at the forecast especially on the day and the history of postponements at Bloomfield Road?

Not really. Only light showers and Sunshine is forecast up to kick off but around kick off and during the game could be heavy rain. 

1 hour ago, roversfan99 said:

Magloire at centre back wouldnt be too far off accepting defeat before kick off.

Johnson is back available according to Mowbray. I think Johnson in for Nyambe with Travis moving to right back should be under serious consideration, not ideal but needs must. 

Moving the best centre midfielder and our driving force from his natural position in Travis would be massive mistake. Johnson ain't going to fit to start the game imo. Maybe as sub. 

But reading Mowbray's comments I wouldn't be surprised if Lenihan played to be honest. 

Sounds like a mismatch for Saturday. Johnson is going to be involved, Van Hecke "not ready" although has been in full training for 2 or 3 days, Rankin Costello not mentioned but shown on the video, Lenihan a big doubt, Nyambe definitely out, Rothwell and Gallagher big doubts should be ok.

I personally think we need to weigh it up and potentially take a small risk. If we go with Magloire, it will be a mix of a player not up to it and also some sort of mismatch, either Buckley at wing back or Magloire himself out of position.

I think we need to weigh it up and decide who is fittest from Lenihan, (perhaps with a pain killing injection) Van Hecke or Rankin Costello. Not ideal but even if it backfired, we have loads more bodies back in 2 weeks, Lenihan, Van Hecke, Nyambe, Rankin Costello and Wharton.

Sounds like a few players will miss this game. Lenihan, Rothwell, Nyambe, Gallagher all expected to be out.  After the last game, Magolore, Clarkson and Poveda cannot play! Butterworth deserves another run out I think.

Kaminski

Edun Carter Ayala Pickering

Travis   Buckley

Dolan Butterworth Khadra

Brereton

Theres not much physcial presence in there though!! Johnson would be a mile off the pace to start though. 

Edited by benhben
  • Like 1

Not liking any of these suggestions of Buckley or Travis at RB at all. We need Travis in midfield. Johnson is not a like for like replacement, he is too slow to effectively break up play. Buckley is trash at RB and useful in midfield.

If both first choice CBs are fit, play Carter there. If not and we need Carter central, play Edun there. Yeh he's left footed but he wouldn't be the first left footer to play RB. At least he is a fullback and it causes less problems elsewhere than the alternatives. If Travis does end up RB I spose you could put Edun in CM, but I dunno if he is any good at disrupting the play.

Edited by bluebruce
  • Like 2

5 hours ago, Hasta said:

I don't know the setup and safety issues at Bloomfield but if Preston had got 1000 more tickets at Turf Moor than Rovers fans were getting a couple of weeks later we'd be kicking off about it.

The likelihood of trouble with rovers is minimal whereas nobbers is greatly increased😅

• Like 2