BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Blackpool (a) - 2/10/21

12 hours ago, BlackburnEnd75 said:

Hmmmm very tempting isn't it. 16 years old is awfully young for a centre half.

You don't want to break the lad.

Thinking about that lad reece 0xford that West ham started playing at 16 and that didn't really have the best impact 

Phil Jones was only 17 when we threw him in against Didier Drogba - and he was fantastic.

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, Oldgregg86 said:

Just to be on the safe side does anyone know if you need to prove you have had a covid test or jabs or anything. Don’t want to get there and be turned away

Don't think so I've been to three away games so far this season and not asked ones 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, 1864roverite said:

Wayne Rooney hadn’t adjusted as a 16 yr old and look what he did first time out

When I say he hasn't adjusted to u23s, I mean reports suggest he isn't playing very well at an inferior level. He isn't ready for this level. Rooney, a generational talent, was.

2 hours ago, Gavlar Somerset Rover! said:

Probably been mentioned, but Sharpe reckons Rankin Costello has "had a set back".

Made of glass that kid. Just when we needed him most too.

You do wonder if giving him an extended deal was premature. Doesn't seem close to being up to the rigours of regular football.

9 hours ago, neophox said:

Both Rothwell and Lenihan may be back for tomorrows game. Nyambe will miss out. 

Johnson takes a place in the squad. 

Kaminski

Carter, Lenihan, Ayala, Pickering

Travis, Rothwell 

Dolan, Buckley, Brereton

Gallagher

This team should do enough. If Lenihan don't make it maybe Johnson can disputise. 

Like it but not keen on Johnson starting as he wont be match fit. When he came back in last season took him a couple of games to get to what's needed.

5 hours ago, Cherry Blue said:

Like it but not keen on Johnson starting as he wont be match fit. When he came back in last season took him a couple of games to get to what's needed.

and then get injured again.Bad signing that one.

• Like 1

Carter in for Lenihan is the least worrying of the forced changes we're going to have to make today. 

Replacing Nyambe and Rothwell is going to make us singificantly weaker. I don't think Magloire and Clarkson should be anywhere near the first 11 right now, as they both have shown they're not at the required level yet. If Johnson is fit, would like him to come in for Travis and Travis moved to RB, with Edun coming in for Rothwell in midfield. 

• Like 2

I think this is a really but game today, perhaps not on paper but from Mowbray and the teams perspective. A poor performance and defeat could see a hostile reaction from the travelling fans. This is something that Mowbray hasn't really experienced as the majority of poor defeats recently have been in empty stadiums plus the away support tends to be more vociferous than the generally passive home support. I can see today as a big test for Mowbray if things start going badly.

From a result point of view I think if Mowbray over reacts to Tuesdays defeat by going full Mowbray and complicating things it could end in tears. I think we need to keep it simple with a back four in place and Travis providing a screen. We need to press high on their passing game and not allow them to play through midfield. If they do we need to be able to win back possession and counter quickly.

• Like 6

Yes, the thought of things going 'full Mowbray' is a worry. Ye would think that something in the back of his mind would say, we've done well in a good few games with a settled backbone and consistent side, so maybe keep a steady hand.' Then of course, as he comes to in a pool of gurn-dribble after his latest Lemon Drizzle binge, his first thought is, "ah bollox, I think wiz need to out-clever those canny Blackpool donkeys; bring me my tactics board and a pound of haribo' 

• Like 2

On behalf of Bazza, myself and doubtless others of our generation, can I add the name of Ron Suart to the catalogue of players in Delap's Derby who've played for both 'Pool and This Great Club Of Ours?

Later generations may remember him for his time as Manager of Chelsea; but a steadily-diminishing number of us will recall him playing for Rovers; maybe not at the end of the 1940s, but in the first half of the 1950s.

• Like 1