BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

New 17 games season ticket unveil by BRFC

9 hours ago, toooldforthis said:

I was at AFC Darwen today V Bury AFC.  Spoke with lots of ex-Rover's regulars.  Like me, non will return until Maggot goes.  We don't care what division we play in, or what the ticket price is.  Maggot goes and we'll all come back.  SIMPLES!!!!  What's not to understand???

did you take this stance when Kean or Coyle was Rovers manager? 

and do you feel a connect to AFC Darwen now?

9 hours ago, toooldforthis said:

I was at AFC Darwen today V Bury AFC.  Spoke with lots of ex-Rover's regulars.  Like me, non will return until Maggot goes.  We don't care what division we play in, or what the ticket price is.  Maggot goes and we'll all come back.  SIMPLES!!!!  What's not to understand???

How many of them stopped going under Kean or during the Shaw/Shebby era? All recently lost fans?

So let's say Waggott retires but Mowbray stays. We are relegated after a particularly disastrous run. Venkys fail to sack Mowbray. Prices are frozen at current levels by the new guy so we can be 'as competitive as possible' in League 1. The Sunderland/Wigan/ whoever else game is £30 a ticket. Would they all return? I cannot speak for you but I'm not sure everyone feels that Waggott is the one thing keeping them away. I doubt all of the 10k+ lost fans since 2010 know who he is.

Venkys

Kean

Anderson

Jerome

Shebby

Shaw

Coyle

Waggott

Absolute who's who of PR disasters for one club in only 11 years. No surprise we've seen our fanbase shrink 75% when you look at those names.

(I've chosen to leave out Mowbray, and also his ameatur team of Venus, Lowe and Benson - but he will 100% be on this list if he gets a new contract whilst in India).

Oh what we wouldn't give for a (impossible) John Williams return. He'd walk through the door with 5,000+ supporters (and fire Mowbray).

• Like 3

52 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

did you take this stance when Kean or Coyle was Rovers manager? 

and do you feel a connect to AFC Darwen now?

Keane, Coyle etc didn't refuse to refund ST monies when the season was curtailed.  Some of us are unable to stream, for various reasons - in my case my computer belongs to my employer who will not permit us to stream.  Waggott's point blank refusal to my request was wrong.

I started going to Ewood in the '60s when memories of the FA Cup Final ticket debacle were still strong.  Many of those who were affected then didn't return for many years.  And I personally know some people who never have at all.  I didn't understand at the time how those people couldn't just let bygones be bygones.  I now fully understand their point of view.

Re AFC Darwen - I've been going there for years.

• Like 5

3 minutes ago, toooldforthis said:

Keane, Coyle etc didn't refuse to refund ST monies when the season was curtailed.  Some of us are unable to stream, for various reasons - in my case my computer belongs to my employer who will not permit us to stream.  Waggott's point blank refusal to my request was wrong.

Fair.enough..Whilst I understand your frustration about not getting your money as some of people I go attend with had similar problem with no streaming facilities. Im no fan of streaming football at all.. But they have gone this season as season ticket holders as they missed live football and Rovers cos of the pandemic..

Is that the only reason for not attending Ewood Park games or all games? And do you not missed attending Rovers games? 

3 minutes ago, toooldforthis said:

Ok. Do you support them as a second team? Do you feel the same connection to them as Rovers?

39 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Fair.enough..Whilst I understand your frustration about not getting your money as some of people I go attend with had similar problem with no streaming facilities. Im no fan of streaming football at all.. But they have gone this season as season ticket holders as they missed live football and Rovers cos of the pandemic..

Is that the only reason for not attending Ewood Park games or all games? And do you not missed attending Rovers games? 

Ok. Do you support them as a second team? Do you feel the same connection to them as Rovers?

Waggott's point-blank refusal is the reason.  He didn't have the business savvy to engage sympathetically with long-standing ST holders - in my case 44 years.  I'm not the only one who is boycotting for this reason.

I will be at the Coventry game - but only because my ticket money is going to the East Lancs Hospice, and not to Waggott.

I have pointed out previously that John Williams didn't begin life at Ewood as a saint.  His original ST and walk on prices were similarly high - I was paying  £95 per month for 2 adults and 3 kids in the BBE Upper.  But he took the time to personally reply to all phone calls, letters and emails of complaints and concerns.  I don't recall fans feeling disengaged during his professional stewardship.

• Like 5

2 hours ago, toooldforthis said:

I started going to Ewood in the '60s when memories of the FA Cup Final ticket debacle were still strong.  Many of those who were affected then didn't return for many years.  And I personally know some people who never have at all.  I didn't understand at the time how those people couldn't just let bygones be bygones.  I now fully understand their point of view.

Not wanting to go off topic but what happened with that FA Cup Final? I have seen a lot of mention of it on here but had never heard about it until I started reading this message board. (In my defence, it was well before my time!)

20 minutes ago, GHR said:

Not wanting to go off topic but what happened with that FA Cup Final? I have seen a lot of mention of it on here but had never heard about it until I started reading this message board. (In my defence, it was well before my time!)

i think it was down to season tickets holders and those that attended games had difficulty getting tickets while players,their families and backroom staff got lots of them and where giving them away to their friends(people who had no connection with rovers),the day was a complete bloody disaster as well😒

• Like 1

1 hour ago, toooldforthis said:

Waggott's point-blank refusal is the reason.  He didn't have the business savvy to engage sympathetically with long-standing ST holders - in my case 44 years.  I'm not the only one who is boycotting for this reason.

fair enough. 

1 hour ago, toooldforthis said:

I will be at the Coventry game - but only because my ticket money is going to the East Lancs Hospice, and not to Waggott.

The money would be going to Rovers and helping the finances of the club not Waggott in all fairness if it wasn't going to the East Lancs Hospice

55 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

The money would be going to Rovers and helping the finances of the club not Waggott in all fairness if it wasn't going to the East Lancs Hospice.

Waggott is responsible for the finances of the club.  I have no inclination to help him with his job.  The sooner the owners realise he is useless the better for all of us. 

Although, reluctantly, I do accept that he will bask in the glory of the extra bums on seats.  I live in the (probably vain) hope that the owners will ask why all the extra people turned up.

• Like 3

28 minutes ago, Crimpshrine said:

How is it that your money will be going to ELH? Is that the entire ticket money ?

Sounds interesting,

The club have donated free tickets to NHS employees.  Simply have to give a minimum £5.00 donation to the Hospice.  I have a relative in the NHS who has donated for my 3 tickets.  Should be a bumper attendance with Coventry bringing quite a few.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, GHR said:

Postal applications---people who never set foot in Ewood had same chance of obtaining a ticket as anyone else. So loyayfans missed out.

As far as I know all season ticket holders got one but often a standing one when they had an expensive Stand seat.

Same happened with the semi too.

• Like 1

On 07/10/2021 at 20:50, J*B said:

The equivalent of reaching for the fire extinguisher once your house is in flames. This should have been launched 4 months ago. 

Its the same with playing MacGloire at right-back. If we can see it why can't the "experts" see it? They do it for a living after all.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, renrag said:

Correct about season ticket holders! Then, the balance of season tickets to pay on the day was probably the opposite to what it is now. 

Yes, prices were so cheap then so many didn't think a season ticket was worth the bother. Everybody just walked up and paid on the day.

On 11/10/2021 at 08:46, chaddyrovers said:

If you mean the arrangement fee for paying monthly for your season ticket. If correct it was £36.71 at the start of the season 

Thanks Chaddy.

Appears its a straightforward 9% of the overall ticket price that gets added on.

• Like 1