BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

New 17 games season ticket unveil by BRFC

7 minutes ago, SIMON GARNERS 194 said:

I've questioned the walk on numbers this season but don't forget they are probably giving away tickets to boost the numbers.

Wasn't this game the one that tickets were given to NHS workers for a five pound donation, also the give-away to school kids. Both of which are good ideas.

Edited by rigger

2 hours ago, Doogs said:

Keep my money in my pocket...Just cant be bothered while Tony is still in charge.

There are plenty like that and who can blame them? It is becoming beyond a joke  now, how many loyal fans this farce has managed to alienate.

Edited by lraC
Typo
  • Like 2

Rovers have put the Sheffield United at home on the 6th November and its less than 15 pounds for adult for the game. 

Hopefully we get on five or six thousands fans on for the game given the price and its on Saturday.

Hopefully people will attend and support the club even if you don't like the manager or Waggott. The Club is bigger than them and I would asked them to put aside, and come and support club in this game. 

Supporters urged to attend Ewood Park after Blackburn Rovers announce Sheffield United tickets - LancsLive

Edited by chaddyrovers
  • Like 2

8 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Rovers have put the Sheffield United at home on the 6th November and its less than 15 pounds for adult for the game. 

Hopefully we get on five or six thousands fans on for the game given the price and its on Saturday.

Hopefully people will attend and support the club even if you don't like the manager or Waggott. The Club is bigger than them and I would asked them to put aside, and come and support club in this game. 

Supporters urged to attend Ewood Park after Blackburn Rovers announce Sheffield United tickets - LancsLive

Maybe it's £15 because we only seem to play in one half.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, rigger said:

Maybe it's £15 because we only seem to play in one half.

Are you going to be attending? 

8 minutes ago, SIMON GARNERS 194 said:

There are many more reasons why people will no longer attend Ewood such as the way our terrible owners are running the Club,the dour and seemingly disinterested Manager and a misfiring team not getting the results it should be doing.

Price is only one factor....people need to realise this.

Rovers have lowered the price so now its time for fans to do they part and attend this game support the club and players. 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Are you going to be attending? 

Rovers have lowered the price so now its time for fans to do they part and attend this game support the club and players. 

This last sentance sounds like it could be something straight out of Waggotts mouth,it was Rovers job to have not F'd up the prices and everything else in the first place alienating tons of fans in the process ,now its supposedly time for the fans to do their part,don't make me laugh.

• Like 3

Certainly a welcome campaign to see, a bit of initiative down there for once.

But let’s be realistic, we are in our usual mid table position in the Championship, so a ticket at £15 for a standard game in November instead of £25 won’t be seeing a stampede through the door

It is a very welcome pricing strategy albeit a one off so fair play for that. The season tickets are the main issue pricing wise, they are too much and once you get that wrong, its impossible to recover.

But if people are not attending out of principle, whether it be against the owners, manager, Waggott, whatever it is, it would be naive to expect them to come back. Its easy to ask them to put those feelings aside when you dont share such strong views.

Hopefully the cheap tickets will entice a bumper crowd but nothing can be gained from looking down upon those who still wont attend, whether it is out of protest or lack of interest.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

It is a very welcome pricing strategy albeit a one off so fair play for that. The season tickets are the main issue pricing wise, they are too much and once you get that wrong, its impossible to recover.

But if people are not attending out of principle, whether it be against the owners, manager, Waggott, whatever it is, it would be naive to expect them to come back. Its easy to ask them to put those feelings aside when you dont share such strong views.

Hopefully the cheap tickets will entice a bumper crowd but nothing can be gained from looking down upon those who still wont attend, whether it is out of protest or lack of interest.

There is a certain section of fans that will always do that.

Always found it to be a bit weird.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, SIMON GARNERS 194 said:

....But can you blame them after all the fans have been through under the tenure of Venkys?

Are you really that naive to believe there will be a rush for tickets when the price drop Carrott is dangled?

So much damage has been done over the years.

It’s certainly nothing to do with the price of season tickets / match tickets that’s keeping me away.

If meaningful changes were made, I would most likely return.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, SIMON GARNERS 194 said:

There are many more reasons why people will no longer attend Ewood such as the way our terrible owners are running the Club,the dour and seemingly disinterested Manager and a misfiring team not getting the results it should be doing.

Price is only one factor....people need to realise this.

Not sure the team is mis-firing , probably over achieving or was until 3 weeks ago ...

Until Mowbray is removed from office , we haven't a prayer ..

Venkys are a different problem ..

We know the issues but it's hard not to want people to turn out for these things. Club could be using them to test the water for other things next season. 

Get 2/3k extra home fans then suddenly some lightbulbs might go off in some heads. Get 500 extra on and they've proven their 'doing all we can' point.

Edited by tomphil

I reiterate the point that I made before the post was removed without any semblance of justification I may add, that Rovers fans have to rise above their hatred for the owners and dislike of Mowbray and his cohorts. This is about your club BRFC and nothing else other than the players who wear the shirt. It is time for fans to get behind the team.

• Like 1

You aren’t getting it 1864.

Most fans who no longer go don’t ‘hate’ the owners and aren’t not going as a result of said hatred. What is actually happening is that they’ve either long moved on to other hobbies  - as happens when you get out of the habit, or as a result of a decade of chronic mismanagement they see an average team, average results, average manager and an empty ground and think ‘nah’.

And no gimmicky £15 tickets for an odd game or a couple of quid knocked off a midweek game in winter is going to make much difference whilst we forever tread water between about 10th and 18th in the second division (at best). A floating/lapsed fan is a consumer and isn't going to be guilt tripped - ‘play your part!’, ‘get behind the team!’ - into spending their hard earned on what they see as a bang average (and not cheap) product.

Edited by Mattyblue
  • Like 7

I disagree ! The Oxford game proved fans will come back be it floaters waverers or whatever. Coming out of this pandemic cash is desperately short across the EFL so as the club shows an element of willing the fans should also. It doesn’t take a great deal to see there is serious hatred of venkys and Mowbray and that added together they are a reason why some fans won’t return 

• Like 2