BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

New 17 games season ticket unveil by BRFC

We've discussed all the reasons for non-attendance for a decade or even more.

Whatever we individually think, this game will be concrete evidence. A poor take-up would prove that money is not the main priority and that things can't improve without ownership changes. Season tickets and match tickets will continue to be high and make us all moan.

An extra 2-3k would indicate crowds could return and might force Rovers' hand in next year's pricing. We would think that crowds might shoot right up with cheaper tickets and improved fortunes on the pitch (however unlikely).

An extra 5k (we can dream) and all bets are off. The talk of owners and Mowbray would mean little or less. Cheap tickets equals loads more fans and all this talk of Mowbray, Brockhall or Venkys would be redundant.

For what it's worth, I see an extra 1-1.5k fans, not really changing anything. Enough that prices have some effect but not that many, proving that our grievances can't be settled without serious change. I hope I'm wrong.

• Like 1

My take on attendance figures:

Attendances are generally dictated by 2 factors; success on the pitch and price.

When the team is playing well, price becomes less important as people like to watch and be associated with a winning team, and so are prepared to spend on it.

When the team isn't playing so well, price becomes more important.

For where we are now, price is the overriding factor.

I personally don't see charging £14.60 - or whatever it is - massively impacting the gate. IMO, it's not low enough to make that much difference. ie for a lot of people, it's still not cheap enough to entice them into paying to watch a mediocre side.

1 hour ago, 1864roverite said:

I disagree ! The Oxford game proved fans will come back be it floaters waverers or whatever. Coming out of this pandemic cash is desperately short across the EFL so as the club shows an element of willing the fans should also. It doesn’t take a great deal to see there is serious hatred of venkys and Mowbray and that added together they are a reason why some fans won’t return 

I put this in a post that was for no reason removed, but who are you aiming this at? Why can't you accept that some people have less of an interest and a desperation to attend Rovers than you or I? And why do you view it as some sort of obligation, as if it is visiting a sick grandparent, for every single person with any affiliation or interest in Rovers to attend with such regularity? Why should they if they feel if it is too much money, if they have lost interest and want to do other things, if they have grown disillusioned with disinterested owners overseeing (loosely) 11 years with no chance of progression, with our best players leaving, with a manager going nowhere, why does everyone have that obligation to spend a considerable amount of money (hundreds of pounds) and give up so much free time to attend baring in mind all of the above?

The Oxford game proved that when tickets are a tenner, it is a sunny evening and there is a promotion party, that many people who aren't that interested or who in the main spend their time in other ways turn up as a one off, why do people carry such resent towards those people for not attending every other week? If you want to feel resentful, feel resentful towards Waggott for not having season tickets announced by then, for then increasing the prices that summer killing any chance of building upon that momentum, and ultimately to the owners for overseeing a reign of terror that has seen many choose what they consider to be more constructive ways to spend their Saturdays and their hard earned money.

• Like 8

1 hour ago, 1864roverite said:

I disagree ! The Oxford game proved fans will come back be it floaters waverers or whatever. Coming out of this pandemic cash is desperately short across the EFL so as the club shows an element of willing the fans should also. It doesn’t take a great deal to see there is serious hatred of venkys and Mowbray and that added together they are a reason why some fans won’t return 

What are you disagreeing with? Oxford proved that a feel good occasion, party atmosphere and a tenner to get in will get folk in. A normal mid table game in winter won’t be doing that.

Your post is contradicting itself, Oxford proved that there’s no mass hatred of Venky’s keeping folk away, just a crap team and atmosphere… and we know who to blame for those two realities.

Edited by Mattyblue

It might be instructive to look at PNE’s gate on Saturday. They have been averaging a bit under 10,000 home fans so far. On Saturday they reduced prices to £5 (and gave the money to charity) as part of their commemoration of Trevor Hemmings’ death. They got roughly an extra 5,500 home fans.

Clearly £5 is a lot cheaper than £14.60 and they had the extra “incentive” of wanting to remember Hemmings. So I would expect a much smaller increase and the actual number will depend on results before the game. Lose them all and very few more fans, win them all and a lot more will come. The truth will no doubt be somewhere in between.

• Like 2

Waggott's get out of jail card for a bumper crowd for the Sheff Utd game, could be with the visitors rather than with our latent support.

£14.60 could well prove very tempting for a big travelling support.

I've got City/Utd mates at work who always enjoyed coming to Ewood. It's an attractive away fixture.

• Like 1

• Moderation Lead
7 hours ago, 1864roverite said:

I reiterate the point that I made before the post was removed without any semblance of justification I may add, that Rovers fans have to rise above their hatred for the owners and dislike of Mowbray and his cohorts. This is about your club BRFC and nothing else other than the players who wear the shirt. It is time for fans to get behind the team.

The post that was removed was because you were baiting people and generally being a bit aggy tbh.
It’s not for you to justify why posts are removed, that’s for the mods, to be fair!

Sorry, Roversfan99, your post quoted one that we hid, there was otherwise nothing wrong with it. 

As ever, if there’s a query about hidden posts moving forward, you need to DM a mod or ask the question in ask admin.

5 hours ago, roversfan99 said:

I put this in a post that was for no reason removed, but who are you aiming this at? Why can't you accept that some people have less of an interest and a desperation to attend Rovers than you or I? And why do you view it as some sort of obligation, as if it is visiting a sick grandparent, for every single person with any affiliation or interest in Rovers to attend with such regularity? Why should they if they feel if it is too much money, if they have lost interest and want to do other things, if they have grown disillusioned with disinterested owners overseeing (loosely) 11 years with no chance of progression, with our best players leaving, with a manager going nowhere, why does everyone have that obligation to spend a considerable amount of money (hundreds of pounds) and give up so much free time to attend baring in mind all of the above?

The Oxford game proved that when tickets are a tenner, it is a sunny evening and there is a promotion party, that many people who aren't that interested or who in the main spend their time in other ways turn up as a one off, why do people carry such resent towards those people for not attending every other week? If you want to feel resentful, feel resentful towards Waggott for not having season tickets announced by then, for then increasing the prices that summer killing any chance of building upon that momentum, and ultimately to the owners for overseeing a reign of terror that has seen many choose what they consider to be more constructive ways to spend their Saturdays and their hard earned money.

The important thing about the Oxford match is that there were no vouchers for money off the next seasons season tickets(in fact as frickin usual ST prices were still being decided!) for all the extra supporters. Doubt we even had them on any database. Core ST holders want more fans on the ground.

1 hour ago, K-Hod said:

The post that was removed was because you were baiting people and generally being a bit aggy tbh.
It’s not for you to justify why posts are removed, that’s for the mods, to be fair!

Sorry, Roversfan99, your post quoted one that we hid, there was otherwise nothing wrong with it. 

As ever, if there’s a query about hidden posts moving forward, you need to DM a mod or ask the question in ask admin.

I have to disagree entirely it was not baiting anyone it was simply highlighting an opinion echoed by many fans especially in this forum 

I read somewhere about a party atmosphere. Even the passionate Geordie faith with billionaire backing lost their voice on Sunday so not sure there's enough to create anything of a party atmosphere based on the last few games.

Creating a hostile ferocious backlash towards the ownership and TM though with even a 20,000 backing might be a start and good therapy for many!

• Like 1

• Backroom
14 hours ago, 1864roverite said:

I have to disagree entirely it was not baiting anyone it was simply highlighting an opinion echoed by many fans especially in this forum 

In which case, you could try making a similar post with the same point without slagging off significant portions of the fanbase, then?

Such a post wouldn't get removed. The original one did look a bit bait-y tbf. Especially the 'f***ing whinge whinge and moan' bit, on the back of yet another drab loss.

1 hour ago, OldEwoodBlue said:

Waggot pocketed my Final Four ticket money. No offer of 4 games in one of the 20,000 empty seats.

Now "Plan B" looms over his imaginative 17 game ST offer. Wonder what he will offer the ST holders who can no longer attend ?

If new covid restrictions come in and you still want to go, then just get the paperwork from the NHS. It is not a dificult thing to do. I got my paper copy within 4 days of filling out the application.

On 19/10/2021 at 23:13, Darrenbot said:

FFS anybody watching that tonight and Rovers will struggle to sell tickets at £1.46 for the Sheff Utd game nevermind 14.60

Perhaps Waggott can have a word with Mowbray and ask him why he decided to frustrate QPR and at the same time, frustrate all the Rovers fans too?

Maybe the theme of frustration may be totally apt, by the time we get to the Sheff U fixture, when we see no increase in the home attendance figures, due to the fans thinking, another dire performance and frustrating afternoon, is not worth £15.

I bet the CEO will then be very frustrated.

• Like 3

27 minutes ago, OldEwoodBlue said:

Someone just showed me their paper pass. First time I have seen one. 5 minute job to copy it with a different name. Presume it was designed that way so people can just make their own.

Or you could just go through the proper procedure.

• Like 1