BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Ownership in Football

8 minutes ago, jim mk2 said:

Many people in the UK aren't happy about flogging arms to them - or having any connection with them at all

But we're not alone. The US still sees the Saudis as important allies despite Saudis largely being behind 9/11

And over the years 1000's of Brits have gone there to make a good living in many fields, I met one guy who tripped there to sell musical instruments.

However the trade created overall over the years has brought many Billions of ££££ into 'Britain' and we know what speaks loudest.

They are an extended family regime propped up by the US and ... US, to name but 2.

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, jim mk2 said:

Will women be allowed to attend Newcastle home games? 

well of course they will be allowed. 

Plus don't forget who negotiation the buying of the club and has worked with PFI group for years is a woman in Amanda Staveley who I believe will run the club in a director role 

2 hours ago, jim mk2 said:

Will women be allowed to attend Newcastle home games? 

Fair enough that Toon fans were celebrating getting rid of Ashley but having a party over the arrival of MBS’s murderous regime is beyond pale. 

If they had some banners protesting against the vile murder of journalist Jamal Khashoggi at the first home game I might have more respect for them 

It would be funny if they banned alkohol at the ground

The following statement from the EPL is what worries me, because having had personal experience in the past dealing with the inhabitants of most Middle Eastern states, anyone who believes a statement like that from people like that, need a serious investigation themselves

“When approving the takeover on Thursday, the Premier League said it has received legal assurances from the new owners that the Saudi state would not control Newcastle United and there would be punishments if it was proven otherwise. “

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Ianrally said:

The following statement from the EPL is what worries me, because having had personal experience in the past dealing with the inhabitants of most Middle Eastern states, anyone who believes a statement like that from people like that, need a serious investigation themselves

“When approving the takeover on Thursday, the Premier League said it has received legal assurances from the new owners that the Saudi state would not control Newcastle United and there would be punishments if it was proven otherwise. “

Peace in our time.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Ianrally said:

No such entity as the "EPL" but I don't know how the Premier league can actually say this

The worst thing is the reaction of the Newcastle fans. I've seen them on the news literally crying with delight that their club has been taken over by probably the worst regime on earth.

It's not just a bunch of rich guys from Saudi Arabia either, the consortium is 80% owned by the despotic Saudi regime itself!

This lot would probably carry out executions of local journalists who might dare to criticise the takeover, on the pitch, and Newcastle fans wouldn't care as long as they think they're going to sign Mbappe

Cue post from chaddy saying they won't actually execute anyone on the pitch 

Edited by jim mk2
  • Like 7

2 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

well of course they will be allowed. 

Plus don't forget who negotiation the buying of the club and has worked with PFI group for years is a woman in Amanda Staveley who I believe will run the club in a director role 

Only you would come on here defending Saudi Arabia.🤷‍♂️ 

the premier league is awash with dirty,dodgy money,do you think roman abramovich and the arabs who own city are  squeaky clean!!!!if you don`t agree with the takeover  then you ar`nt going to attend many top flight matches on principle,the world is run by dodgy folk with lots of cash,politicians are puppets who do as they are told,it`s the oil industry closely followed by the arms industry that rule the world,earth is pretty much ****** without oil or weapons innit

• Like 4

2 hours ago, simongarnerisgod said:

the premier league is awash with dirty,dodgy money,do you think roman abramovich and the arabs who own city are  squeaky clean!!!!if you don`t agree with the takeover  then you ar`nt going to attend many top flight matches on principle,the world is run by dodgy folk with lots of cash,politicians are puppets who do as they are told,it`s the oil industry closely followed by the arms industry that rule the world,earth is pretty much ****** without oil or weapons innit

All to true. The world has and always will be corrupt by the most evil people who have all the power . The premier league isn’t any exception. My morals went out the window years ago and if the taliban bought rovers tomorrow, sacked Mowbray and promised premier league football I would have a burka on the wife in the Blackburn end for Coventry Saturday. If you do your research and dig deep enough on anything you would end up going mad. The old saying ignorance is bliss has never been more apt . I hope Newcastle enjoy every minute of their journey. 

• Like 5

Newcastle fans only want to see success and let’s not pretend we wouldn’t be celebrating if the financial clout of Saudi Arabia bought Rovers, promising years of competing in major honours 

Qatar are an equally disgusting ‘regime’ who have seen the bribery of international football laid bare, the hundreds of thousands of immigrant deaths in order to build their World Cup dream and let’s not forget being the nation who host the Taliban. Where is the outcry over their ownership of Man City and PSG? 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Dreams of 1995 said:

let’s not pretend we wouldn’t be celebrating if the financial clout of Saudi Arabia bought Rovers

I would be against it. I'm happy we did it with a local lad made good.

Disgusting and shouldn't be allowed.  You can come with your whataboutery mentioning other clubs, doesn't make it right.  The end of football is on its way,  the more of the Premier league clubs bought by this type of regime only takes it further away from the fans.

A joke that you would be defending it.

Edited by Sparks Rover
  • Like 3

47 minutes ago, Sparks Rover said:

I would be against it. I'm happy we did it with a local lad made good.

Disgusting and shouldn't be allowed.  You can come with your whataboutery mentioning other clubs, doesn't make it right.  The end of football is on its way,  the more of the Premier league clubs bought by this type of regime only takes it further away from the fans.

A joke that you would be defending it.

You seem to have taken this quite to heart 

I actually said the same thing myself. I’m glad our “money tree” came from a local man with genuine love for the Club. But you are telling me that, given our own circumstances, if the Saudi investment fund were to declare an interest in Rovers you’d say no? That’s just poor business 

I wouldn’t say it is whataboutery either, but just more of a prompt to think of the bigger picture. Qatar have been involved in English sport for years now and nobody has batted an eye lid. They have just as much blood on their hands as Saudi Arabia. What’s the difference? 

I also didn’t defend it. But that’s neither here nor there to be honest. If you think an investment fund originating in Saudi is the end of football I personally think you’ve had your eyes shut these past 10 years. Football has become all about wealth - and the likes of Abramovich at Chelsea have been about for a long time. Adding Newcastle to the mix of elite clubs won’t kill football because football has been that way for far too long now 

• Like 1

if sheik mohammed(the dodgy arab horse racing magnet)declared his love for blackburn rovers  and decided to invest his many billions in the team,i guarantee there would`nt be any banner waving piousness going on when he arrived in his rolls royce,the fact he`s a bit of a despot and has more than likely done unspeakable acts to his critics would`nt matter a jot,we`de all be there celebarating a new era

19 minutes ago, simongarnerisgod said:

if sheik mohammed(the dodgy arab horse racing magnet)declared his love for blackburn rovers  and decided to invest his many billions in the team,i guarantee there would`nt be any banner waving piousness going on when he arrived in his rolls royce,the fact he`s a bit of a despot and has more than likely done unspeakable acts to his critics would`nt matter a jot,we`de all be there celebarating a new era

By "we", you mean those of us willing to sell our soul to the devil?

28 minutes ago, simongarnerisgod said:

I'm positive he would be a big draw and would attract more interest. We'd be poles apart  🙄

2 minutes ago, simongarnerisgod said:

yes,would you stop supporting just because sheik mo is a bit of a "bad un" he`s kind to horses if not to his daughters!!!!!!!

Are you trying to say there's no line that a potential new owner could cross that would make you stop supporting the club?

If the sovereign wealth fund of IS had bought the club in 2015, that would've been fine with you?

Edited by Tugay-is-God

17 hours ago, SuperBrfc said:

It would be interesting if we could add a poll to this thread. If the owners of Newcastle had bought Rovers instead, with the exact same plan and ambition in mind (i.e to be the best), how many of the fans would be for and against it?

I think that a majority of Rovers fans would support it. Weren't Rovers linked with a Qatari takeover at one point?

I spoke to a Newcastle supporting mate of mine about it. He's not bothered about the political side of it at all. 

The Saudi investment fund have fingers in lots of pies including Facebook, Uber, and Twitter. He said that it's too late now to start caring and put the genie back in the bottle. 

The Premier league is global. With only 20 opportunities to join the club (and then have to deal with a potential relegation), membership is prestigious and hard to come by. The Saudi's are playing catch up. The Emiratis (City) Kuwaitis (PSG), and Qatar (World Cup 2022) all have a leg up on them. 

Will they be able to get the players?

They'll want a new manager too. Bruce is competent yet unspectacular. Conte is free, as is Zidane. I wonder what Man U are thinking?

• Like 1

The interesting part about this for me is that even though the Saudis are the majority owners, with 80% of Newcastle, they are in business with Staveley and the Reubens who each own 10%.

The public front of the deal ever since the start has been Staveley - she was the one at St James' Park watching games, she has been the one at the ground this week shaking hands with the fans and doing TV interviews.

If the Saudis were so bothered about getting into football they could have bought any club in the world, at any time, yet have done nothing whilst rival regional powers Abu Dhabi and Qatar have taken over Man City and PSG and before those takeovers were increasing their involvement in the sport through lucrative sponsorship deals with Emirates, Etihad, Qatar Airways, sponsoring Barcelona etc. It looks to me as though they have been sold a 'project' by Staveley who was on the lookout for serious cash to bankroll her plans.

The Saudis could have just cut her out of the equation, bought the whole lot from Mike Ashley and done everything on their own terms, yet are preferring to do it as part of a group. I don't know what that means but it is clearly a different arrangement to the takeovers at City and PSG.

The Saudis are a long way behind on their involvement in the sport. Maybe they've seen the positive publicity it has had for those other powers and fancy a bit of the same, but again I wonder why they are doing it in conjunction with others. The one at Man City was very much driven by the Abu Dhabi group - from the word go they owned the lot and made entirely their own decisions and appointments and followed their global plan with the City Football Group - buying or setting up other clubs around the world.

It will be interesting to see how things go but I'm not sure it is going to be so simple as just blowing everyone out of the water and appointing Zidane or Conte as manager. To begin with I don't think the PL or UEFA will allow it.