BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Coventry City (h) - 16/10/21

5 minutes ago, Fraserkirky said:

Put the point in the bag Tony and move on

🙄

I wish he would move on. Permanently.

We were unlucky at the end with those two chances for Edun and Diaz. But we were lucky not to concede that penalty. A fair result against a team in decent form but the frustration is that yet again this Tony Mowbray side has shown an inability to defend a 2 goal lead. There can't be another team in English football that has consistently had this problem to this degree for this long.

• Like 4

I was also at the game in 1967 when we lost at home to Coventry 1-0 and they got promoted. Ronnie Clayton(our captain at the time)and a member of Englands 1962 World Cup squad(along with Bryan Douglas) played as a makeshift centre-half ..but this game is more disappointing......we must be the League leaders in turning winning positions into draws.

Unable to defend a lead ..even with five at the back.

Can't really complain if you ask me...Coventrys manager got it wrong in the first half - Mowbray got it wrong in the second. We have several players out and some just coming back and most of us were expecting the start of the Spiral of Death. Still feel that with a better tactical manager we would have won this one on pure spite.....still....it wasn't half bad...

Shout out to Ayala, Lenihan and van Hecke in defense despite some glaring and costly errors, but they happen every game and on the whole the trio performed well. Think van Hecke should've been taken of around 70 mins as he looked shot at the end. Who would you put on? Beats me....so he will do.

Also a mention for mr. Brereton Diaz who continues to amaze and surprise this season. Even got close those few minutes he was on and showed no sign of fatigue from travelling. 

Now...let's just hope this isn't a blip as some said before the start of the game - i.e. the odd draw to keep the spirit and hope up while being an eager contestant in the Spiral of Death. I still say come on you blues and hope to see more people in the stands going forward. If all goes well in life (not looking good) I'll be making the trip in february to again put my miserable bum on a seat in mighty Ewood.  I have spoken! 

Same old problems persist and will do until we get a better manager. A draw felt about right as Coventry were the better team for long periods and were on the wrong end of some shocking refereeing. Buckley should have got a second yellow and it was a stonewall penalty in the second half.

Mid table beckons.