BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Coventry City (h) - 16/10/21

We are lost in the Venky's vortex with toxic Tony who's on the grass all week. Langurous Lowe, Vexatious Venus and Wankspanner Waggott complete the picture to leave us up Alliterative Alimentary Canal. Can't go forwards, only back, straight down the pan and flushed with prejudice. 

La tristesse durera, the only release is hacking your internet access off and going down b and q on a Saturday afternoon

• Like 8

Moggasurus left them bottom of league one. Fast forward to the present day they’re in the championship play off places, less debt than rovers, playing in front of big home crowds. Meanwhile we just trudge along with that smoggy the debt going up at an alarming rate. 

• Like 8

10 minutes ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

This squad could and should be top 3 now 

Dunno about that...our squad is thin and looking at it on paper I don't feel like it has any divine right to be in the top 3. I assume you mean if we hadn't dropped points from winning positions though. But every team does that sometimes.

We would be higher than we are if we had a good manager though, I'll agree. Coventry look proof of that.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

This squad could and should be top 3 now 

I’m all for bashing the manager but what? Do you mean because we’ve thrown leads away or are you actually saying that this squad on paper is in the top 3 in the league? Surely not the latter 😂

• Like 1

We're a club bereft of ambition, there's no excitement watching us slugging it out for mid table (if we're lucky) year after year.

The more and more empty seats at Ewood week after week speak louder than any message board meltdown. It really is just so sad what we have become.

• Like 7

19 minutes ago, Fraserkirky said:

Time to scrap the wing back formation AGAIN

Nothing wrong with the formation in principle.

The problem was we conceded acres of territory in the second half. Such a negative philosophy - we invited them onto us. Gallagher was trying drop off passes 30 yards from his own goal - mental.

It's a shocking two points dropped against a very very average team.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Butty said:

I’m all for bashing the manager but what? Do you mean because we’ve thrown leads away or are you actually saying that this squad on paper is in the top 3 in the league? Surely not the latter 😂

First XI is promotion quality. Depth is nowhere - untested Academy graduates and crap loanees.

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, Butty said:

I don't know what you're laughing at. We are are 6 points off 3rd. We could easily have more than 6 points extra. 

3 minutes ago, tina said:

The dinosaur has had 2 weeks to wonder about his job here. Will Coventry take him  and Maggott back or do we have to boycott forever? Eff off Wankys and take your lapdogs with you. Enjoyed the Premiership years with "Uncle Jack - what a star. Gone sadly wrong. Will continue  to hope but not attend till they all go and I'll probably die before that lol. Started in 1963 for tbe aficiandos on here and enjoyed the Furphy. Smith and Lee manager's. Proper men without money. Take care, fellow sufferers.

Snap!

We got to see the 2 best teams that Rovers ever put together, '63 and '95.

I'll add Saxton and Mackay to the managers list of guys who did fine on a feck all budget.

I hope I live to see the door bang Mowbray and Waggott on the arse as the scuttle off to ruin some other club.

It took Cov a while to recover from the M& w effect but they look a tidy enough outfit.

I thought we bossed the 1st half today despite Coventry shading possession. By the end I was thankful for a point.

Rothwell is class, which we do not have much of.

Gallagher had a decent 1st half but went south after that.

Ayala a man mountain. The 'Glue'. I hope he stays fit.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

I don't know what you're laughing at. We are are 6 points off 3rd. We could easily have more than 6 points extra. 

I agree with you.

A fully fit squad gives us a team that is maybe only behind WBA, Fulham and that shower who have a low attendance and will always have unless the break into the retiree market.

What we have as a negative need not be said again.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Exiled_Rover said:

Nothing wrong with the formation in principle.

The problem was we conceded acres of territory in the second half. Such a negative philosophy - we invited them onto us. Gallagher was trying drop off passes 30 yards from his own goal - mental.

It's a shocking two points dropped against a very very average team.

Midfield is way too far behind the forwards and Nyambe didn’t go anywhere near the by line once second half. There are three reasonably immobile Centre halfs that should be left to do some defending as the rest push forward, it doesn’t happen and we really rely on Rothwell springing forward, which he did for 10 mins first half and 5 mins second half, and did nothing else. Travis I thought was dreadful today, totally lost. Buckley for me should be sitting in front of the defense and spraying the ball about like a Barry Bannan. He was diabolical after the booking today and looked 13 years old. Edun did well but not far enough forward, except his chance at the end, he was about the most impressive on the day. 

The Sheff Utd from a couple of seasons ago were a real wingback team that pegged you back. We are a shambles.

Their first goal is all on Gallagher and his Sunday league first touch. It’s embarrassing, then everyone just jogs back. 

Edited by Fraserkirky
  • Like 3

7 minutes ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

I expect most teams in the league think they could have 6 points extra though. We could also have lost more points.

The Journey - Update Oct  16

Setting off today running on three spark plugs , luckily the 4th one kicked in just before halfway. Unfortunately the driver saw this as time to pull into the layby and have a picnic. Lid left off the tupperware box so cakes were stale

Still not there yet and a long way to go.

11 minutes ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

Yeah I get that point but our squad on paper is probably top 10 maybe but nowhere near top 3 that’s why I asked in what way you meant what you said. 

1 minute ago, Displaced Rover said:

Just got back. That one is entirely on the manager and his total inaction. He’s a disgrace. Stood on the touch line throwing his hands in the air instead of making a change. He spent 10 minutes watching us get dominated in midfield and did nothing.

Coventry looked crap. If they’re 4th best in the league then a play off spot is firmly there for the taking with this squad, just not with that idiot in charge.

They’re a different animal at home, they’ve only got 5 points away from home this season. 2 points dropped for us today, but I’m not surprised. 

3 minutes ago, Displaced Rover said:

Just got back. That one is entirely on the manager and his total inaction. He’s a disgrace. Stood on the touch line throwing his hands in the air instead of making a change. He spent 10 minutes watching us get dominated in midfield and did nothing.

This absolutely happened. Get Mowbray out the club asap.

• Like 3