BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Coventry City (h) - 16/10/21

2 hours ago, The Mighty Chaffinch said:

Rothwell was anonymous up until scoring yesterday and then anonymous again from half time up until the last 15 minutes.

I thought it was just me thinking that.

I said to may daughter, just prior to the first goal, that Rothwell had hardly touched the ball.

How he got MOM I'll never know. Perhaps that says more about the rest of the team.

Also, I see people giving Edun plaudits. He looked lackadaisical at times to me, giving the ball away with uncommitted passing a la Bell.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, DavidMailsTightPerm said:

Yet again another inconsistent referee.

Thought our latest loan centre half looked OK- against a centre forward well versed in the dark arts. Better officials would have picked up on their forward constantly pulling at his shirt.

You can tell why Coventry are doing well - but what a nasty, niggly team.

In truth we gifted them the point - we were keeping them at arms length until Gallagher decided to miss place an easy pass. 

Buckley was having a really good match until he fell foul of the referees inconsistencies. After which his influence waned. I would have substituted him at half time.

Love to know what Butterworth has done wrong - but Poveda did very little when he came on.

I am starting to think, that is part of Mowbrays master plan to keep us mid table and in his comfort zone.

Edited by rigger

3 minutes ago, Wheelton Blue said:

Also, I see people giving Edun plaudits. He looked lackadaisical at times to me, giving the ball away with uncommitted passing a la Bell.

For me - Edun was very mixed - eventually got to grips with their attacker - but some scary moments prior to doing so. Having said that - some aspects of his play showed promise.

11 hours ago, Miller11 said:

We have a dirty ground in an ever worsening state of disrepair. Instead of fixing broken speakers all around the ground we turn them off. We have scrapped the programme due to the cost of it. Staffing costs are being cut left and right in all areas on and off the pitch. That’s just to name a few things, and let’s not forget fans are still refused refunds they are entitled to. However, we can buy a new scoreboard despite the old one appearing to function perfectly adequately and having a fucking massive screen in one corner of the ground.

I thought why have they bought that one which shows the team lineup and that when the big screen can be used for that ? The ground is a mess not along ago a proper premier league ground now we’ve fallen behind the times cause it’s been neglected 

11 hours ago, Miller11 said:

We have a dirty ground in an ever worsening state of disrepair. Instead of fixing broken speakers all around the ground we turn them off. We have scrapped the programme due to the cost of it. Staffing costs are being cut left and right in all areas on and off the pitch. That’s just to name a few things, and let’s not forget fans are still refused refunds they are entitled to. However, we can buy a new scoreboard despite the old one appearing to function perfectly adequately and having a fucking massive screen in one corner of the ground.

Well IMO, a bigger and more clearly scoreboard and mins board has been needed for years. The graphics on the old one wasn't clearer enough. I also like the fact we have TV screen which you can see replays on in the ground. 

Yes the ground does need a clearing and improving the facilities at the club. I would like the club to have free Wi-Fi in the ground for all fans and maybe a commentary service for fans inside the ground like we seen in England test match grounds for years now with commentary from SkySports

What speakers aren't working? 

10 hours ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

Its  paper thin, but we have been pretty lucky with injuries and the league looks really poor this season, with a lot of bad teams. We have one of the top scorers and a manager who has had 5 years to find a way for us to win enough games. All set up in our favour. 

Like I said before that this league is very competitive and around 12/13 teams apart from the 3 or 4 sides like Bournmouth, Fulham, WBA and maybe Sheffield United have quality above those teams. Thats why you see such results like Coventry recently, beating Fulham 4-1 but previous game losing 5 nil to Luton. So thats leaves 2 to 3 playoffs open to 12/13 teams to get those pl;ayoffs spot. 

10 hours ago, roversfan99 said:

He signed that goalscorer to be fair as well as the one last year who scored 28 goals and made the club a considerable amount to which he wasnt able to reinvest in a replacement. We also lost 2 games recently in which 2 key injuries left us uncompetitive due to the inadequacy of what we had left.

Mowbray shouldn't be still in a job even acknowledging a decent start considering the cut backs and pitiful lack of reinvestment allowance in the summer due to the stagnation seen last season. We need a fresh start and we need someone to overperform in reality which is possible, see Barnsley last year and Coventry so far this year. But it is not a top 6 squad at all even considering the poor standard of league. Our first 11 is pretty much known, Kaminski, Nyambe, Lenihan, Ayala, Pickering, Travis, Buckley, Rothwell, Dolan, Gallagher, Brereton. That isnt a top 6 starting 11, and it has started only 4 games this season, beyond that there is nothing. 4 loanee kids making up the numbers on cheap deals, and basically nothing else.

Well, where can I start with this, You know the reasons why we didn't get a replacement in and why we couldn't spend money we received cos we have to meet FFP rules and not having an official embargo from the FA. 

I disagree that its just 2 key injuries that made us uncompetitive cos its a load of rubbish. We were more than competitive in those 2 games and deserve more those 2 games. Carter has done more than enough to show he is worth his place in this squad. 

You continuously downplayed our squad quality and the players we have. There is plenty of decent quality in the squad beyond that 11 you named and to be honest I have no idea why you continuously do it for. Players like Edun, Wharton, Carter, JRC, Khadra, Butterworth, Johnson, and Clarkson all have quality to add to that 11 you named. And Yes I believe we could make top 6 if we keep key players fit and in form plus we stop losing leads like yesterday

Edited by chaddyrovers

2 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Well, where can I start with this, You know the reasons why we didn't get a replacement in and why we couldn't spend money we received cos we have to meet FFP rules and not having an official embargo from the FA. 

I disagree that its just 2 key injuries that made us uncompetitive cos its a load of rubbish. We were more than competitive in those 2 games and deserve more those 2 games. Carter has done more than enough to show he is worth his place in this squad. 

Like I said before that this league is very competitive and around 12/13 teams apart from the 3 or 4 sides like Bournmouth, Fulham, WBA and maybe Sheffield United have quality above those teams. Thats why you see such results like Coventry recently, beating Fulham 4-1 but previous game losing 5 nil to Luton. So thats leaves 2 to 3 playoffs open to 12/13 teams to get those pl;ayoffs spot. 

You continuously downplayed our squad quality and the players we have. There is plenty of decent quality in the squad beyond that 11 you named and to be honest I have no idea why you continuously do it for. Players like Edun, Wharton, Carter, JRC, Khadra, Butterworth, Johnson, and Clarkson all have quality to add to that 11 you named. And Yes I believe we could make top 6 if we keep key players fit and in form plus we stop losing leads like yesterday

Under a different manager we could maybe squeeze into the top six but we will never finish there under Mowbray. 

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, rigger said:

I am starting to think, that is part of Mowbrays master plan to keep us mid table and in his comfort zone.

I would be happy with a mid table this season and then replace Mowbray with a new manager/head coach coming in this summer and spending the money that should be available given that we can spend money and FFP year 1 spend is gone given us more room to spend. 

It was said that Gally was injured and was a doubt, yet he was picked. He looked unfit to me. In the second half he broke down the left, put a ball across the six yard box, it was picked up by Nyambe out wide right. Gally was stood with his hands on his knees, not even looking at what was happening with the ball. To me this was a managerial cock-up to pick an unfit player in the first place.

• Like 2

I would be happy with a mid table this season and then replace Mowbray with a new manager/head coach coming in this summer 

Let's replace him now and have a good season this season while we still can....👍💫  Loves Mogadon this lad

You never know get Wilder in with a million pound bonus if he gets us up....

Edited by Sparks Rover
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

I would be happy with a mid table this season and then replace Mowbray with a new manager/head coach coming in this summer and spending the money that should be available given that we can spend money and FFP year 1 spend is gone given us more room to spend.

Why not get rid of him now and give a new guy the remainder of the season to assess what is needed?

Waiting any longer just delays things.

Edited by Wheelton Blue
  • Like 2

That is where we differ, I wouldn't be happy with mid-table.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Miker said:

I posted the same at half time. Buckley should have been taken off as he was being targeted by Coventry and was shirking out of challenges since he was on a yellow.

Tbf to Mowbray, his subs did change the game back into our favour again but they came too late. One of my biggest qualms with Mowbray is he makes subs too late and it's cost us a lot of points in the past. 

The only person getting his best to get Buckley get sent off, was Buckley himself. He dd not get a freekick and lost it. He argued with the ref at every decision and could have walked several times. I didnt see any Coventry player delibrately single him out, Even when he was subbed the ref had to speed him up to get off.

The first set of subs did nothing to change the game in Rovers way. Devonport has rarely had an effect when he comes on but to be fair as Travis, Van Hecke and Gallagher had run out of steam, along with Buckley and Dolan, then maybe Im a little overcritical of him.

Brereton was the one sub which stemmed the tide. Povada showed flashes but regularly there was no end product

• Like 1

9 hours ago, toooldforthis said:

Quite clear from JW Upper today that Buckley is 2 passes ahead of anyone else.  I wish that we had a couple of other players on his wavelength.  Reminds me of Sherwood.  Techincally too good for this division, shame about his physicality.  The number of times he had to physically POINT to Nyambe and Dolan where to be in order to receive his pass was embarrassing.  Even my missus pointed this out.  But Mogga has to learn to trust him when on a yellow.  We lost control when he went off.

He is a real player Buckley. His early booking stunted him, in this one, but I think he has a real future ahead of him.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, DavidMailsTightPerm said:

For me - Edun was very mixed - eventually got to grips with their attacker - but some scary moments prior to doing so. Having said that - some aspects of his play showed promise.

His very first bit of action, very nearly cost us. I thought he grew into the game though and could be an asset. 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Sparks Rover said:

Let's replace him now and have a good season this season while we still can....👍💫  Loves Mogadon this lad

You never know get Wilder in with a million pound bonus if he gets us up....

Not sure anyone could get us up with these players...

Need a new manager to get rid of the dross we have accumulated in Mowbrays reign...

Then next summer , hit the ground running ...

It wont happen , no one connected with the club as the desire too make it happen !!

Players with fire in their bellies , like David Speedie is much needed..

• Like 2

53 minutes ago, DavidMailsTightPerm said:

Yet again another inconsistent referee.

Thought our latest loan centre half looked OK- against a centre forward well versed in the dark arts. Better officials would have picked up on their forward constantly pulling at his shirt.

You can tell why Coventry are doing well - but what a nasty, niggly team.

In truth we gifted them the point - we were keeping them at arms length until Gallagher decided to miss place an easy pass. 

Buckley was having a really good match until he fell foul of the referees inconsistencies. After which his influence waned. I would have substituted him at half time.

Love to know what Butterworth has done wrong - but Poveda did very little when he came on.

The referee was embarrassingly inconsistent. Kane should have been cautioned for a cynical, technical foul early on and we he was then cautioned later on would have been sent off. Buckley was lucky as his two indiscretions were both yellow cards again highlighting an inconsistency. His performance was summed up at start of the second half kick off. He made the Coventry player move the ball a few centimetres on the centre Mark drawing unnecessary attention to himself before the second half had even kicked off. And the ball was certainly going to be kicked backwards anyway. Absolutely pedantic and it spoke volumes about his performance. That said he denied Coventry what looked to me like a clear penalty which could have resulted in a defeat for us.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, lraC said:

He is a real player Buckley. His early booking stunted him, in this one, but I think he has a real future ahead of him.

I think he needs to be right in front of the defense, as a midfield general. We tried him there at Bradford in preseason and he was great. 

• Like 1

• Moderation Lead
1 hour ago, arbitro said:

https://www.lancs.live/sport/football/football-news/blackburn-rovers-mowbray-coventry-inexperience-21881381

So now Mowbray has thrown the young players under the bus. If this really was the case why didn't he put Bradley Johnson on instead of Davenport. He's a walking contradiction who just brushes things away and blames everybody except himself. Him and him alone has the  responsibility for results.

Never his fault, is it?

• Like 5

1 minute ago, Sparks Rover said:

Yep league 2 is about right.

5 minutes ago, Fraserkirky said:

I think he needs to be right in front of the defense, as a midfield general. We tried him there at Bradford in preseason and he was great. 

The problem is that he looked great in a pre-season friendly. A whole world of difference between that and championship games.

Just now, rigger said:

The problem is that he looked great in a pre-season friendly. A whole world of difference between that and championship games.

Too passive.  Their number 6 constantly broke into midfield and Bucko looked frightened to death cos the big boys were coming.....no challenge, no engagement.... he's never a central midfielder

• Like 1

• Backroom
7 minutes ago, K-Hod said:

Never his fault, is it?

His post match comments had at least half a dozen excuses, ranging from kicking towards the away end in the second half to the team being inexperienced. He even got his excuses for midweek in early by saying we don't have enough time to prepare for two matches so soon after the international break! Obviously the flaw in his logic being that it's the same for every team, therefore we are at no more of a disadvantage than anybody else. 

• Like 2