BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Coventry City (h) - 16/10/21

4 minutes ago, JHRover said:

The irony of labelling serial promotion winners as dinosaurs when we are managed by a bloke last relevant in football about 12 years ago.

Already said I want like a new manager/head coach in but I rather have Mowbray in charge than those 3 managers. I would want a younger modern coach to replace Mowbray. 

2 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

Already said I want like a new manager/head coach in but I rather have Mowbray in charge than those 3 managers. I would want a younger modern coach to replace Mowbray. 

if we had a board who actually cared about the football side of things,moggasaurous would be rendered extinct and a young,ambitious manager would be appointed,imo we should be approaching wayne rooney,he`s done an excellent job at derby,who have a squad that`s even smaller and less experienced than ours,not to mention he`s working under almost impossible conditions,he`s stabilised a team that everyone though would be whipping boys this season,i think he`s going to make an excellent manager,all hindsight of course because moggadon is going nowhere🤔

We need to start well in this one, not end up chasing a game again after another shite start. IF we do that then we may surprise a few who are worried about goals. We have a canny knack of pulling together on the goal scoring front when up against it. All it takes is an Ayala header from a corner, a Buckley tap in or a mazy Rothwell run and shot into the corner. 

If we do start poor again though and go 1 or 2 down it may well be game over early doors!

Assuming Darragh starts I'm going for a 2-0 win. Without him, we'll I'd rather not think about that. 

• Like 3

Putting the nonsense of Wenger’s plan for a bi-annual World Cup aside, I did like his idea of playing all qualifiers/internationals in one ‘international window’ instead of interrupting the domestic game four times a season.

Edited by Mattyblue
  • Like 4

5 hours ago, Waggy76 said:

Thank god , proper football is back this weekend, at least I can watch it ...

International football needs to be confined to one tournament every 4 years and no meaningless friendlies...

This real football 'gap' gave me the chance to catch up with the now much televised female version of the game and the International games.

I did get round to watching England and the WC highlights.

If brereton and gally are both out then front 3 of Dolan butterworth and khadra (if that’s how you spell his name) might not be the best on paper but would provide pace and something cov won’t be prepared for especially with butters having something to prove or another option is give burns a run out maybe off the bench, he is the next Adam Armstrong, I’ve said since I first watched him in 2020 youth cup he’s very similar to Armstrong abs will be his long term replacement just like Gallagher was supposed to replace graham until Mowbray saw him as the next beckham 🤣🤣🤣

4 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Worrying team news ahead of the weekend, Gallagher hasn't trained and is a big doubt, and Pickering and Dolan both have had tonsillitis. Lenihan and Nyambe are back, so the main issue will be scoring goals.

Sam Burns.

• Backroom

Mowbray says Brereton can’t play due to quarantine - he’s playing a game at 1am tomorrow morning on the other side of the world!

I’ll be surprised if he plays on Tuesday 

51 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Worrying team news ahead of the weekend, Gallagher hasn't trained and is a big doubt, and Pickering and Dolan both have had tonsillitis. Lenihan and Nyambe are back, so the main issue will be scoring goals.

Dolan is pictured training today.

Lads, coming over from Ireland for this one for the first time since the world shut. What's the craic with buying tickets on the day? Usually get them online but keep getting an error message, anything I should be aware of when buying on the day. Don't fancy any bs on the day😳...cheers in advance.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

You could ring the ticket office up and buy over the phone? They’ll then have them ready for you to pick up on the day.

Otherwise just roll up and buy, normally a queue after 2pm.

Cheers Matty. Appreciate that.

On 13/10/2021 at 12:36, SIMON GARNERS 194 said:

Going for 2-2 here in a hard fought game.

Interesting Coventy fact: A Jimmy Hill led Coventry reached the top flight for the first time in only 1967!

A bit like Leeds. No one had heard of them until the mid 1960s, neither of them having won a trophy of note either.

I went to the game at Ewood in March 1967, not long after I’d started going to watch the Rovers. The Sky Blues won 1-0 and I think there were 26k on. We had just come down from the top flight and Coventry went up at the end of the season with Wolves. For several seasons after they were promoted, Coventry struggled but managed to avoid relegation, each time, by the skin of their teeth.

I had a soft spot for them with relatives on my aunty’s side coming from Coventry. They had a very good side in the early 70s (Bill Glazier, Mick Coop, Dennis Mortimer, Jeff Blockley, Ernie Hunt, Willie Carr, Neil Martin & John O’Rourke amongst others) and they actually beat Bayern Munich 2-1 at Highfield Road, in a European game but were trounced in the away leg. I remember watching Coventry away, around that time, at both Turf Moor and Maine Road. Nice memories.

Dolan being ill throws another spanner in the works. It sounds like Mowbray is trying to push Gally out there, as long as he can get any sort of training done before then.

It would not surprise me if the front three on Saturday is Poveda, Buckley (false nine) and Khadra. Poveda has been absymal so far and should be nowhere near starting. However, Mowbray will want to keep Bielsa sweet and given the players that are missing/doubtful, he won't get a better chance to start.

"We've been training with no strikers all week" suggests it's a false nine job on Saturday. Butterworth should start, but I think he could be on the bench again.

Kaminski

Nyambe Lenihan Ayala Edun

Travis Johnson

Rothwell

Poveda      Buckley  Khadra

3 hours ago, roversfan99 said:

Lets Dolan or Gallagher can train tomorrow. Sam Burns should be on the bench at least for the game 

Revised Team selection based on the team news Mowbray game. 

LINEUP111634226502317.png

Edited by chaddyrovers

39 minutes ago, Claytons Left Boot said:

A bit like Leeds. No one had heard of them until the mid 1960s, neither of them having won a trophy of note either.

I went to the game at Ewood in March 1967, not long after I’d started going to watch the Rovers. The Sky Blues won 1-0 and I think there were 26k on. We had just come down from the top flight and Coventry went up at the end of the season with Wolves. For several seasons after they were promoted, Coventry struggled but managed to avoid relegation, each time, by the skin of their teeth.

I had a soft spot for them with relatives on my aunty’s side coming from Coventry. They had a very good side in the early 70s (Bill Glazier, Mick Coop, Dennis Mortimer, Jeff Blockley, Ernie Hunt, Willie Carr, Neil Martin & John O’Rourke amongst others) and they actually beat Bayern Munich 2-1 at Highfield Road, in a European game but were trounced in the away leg. I remember watching Coventry away, around that time, at both Turf Moor and Maine Road. Nice memories.

Remember that Ernie Hunt, Willie Carr, freekick

• Like 1