BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Coventry City (h) - 16/10/21

Good to have Lenihan and Nyambe back but to not have BBD, Gallagher and Dolan all potentially unavailable is a problem.

Poveda would have to step it up significantly to make any reasonable impact. 

Not particularly confident of a result, which is saying something when we are playing Coventry at home. 

2 minutes ago, davulsukur said:

Good to have Lenihan and Nyambe back but to not have BBD, Gallagher and Dolan all potentially unavailable is a problem.

Poveda would have to step it up significantly to make any reasonable impact. 

Not particularly confident of a result, which is saying something when we are playing Coventry at home. 

The new BB

Butterworth and Burns.

I fear the Mowbray death spiral is only just getting into gear following two losses. He always tends to draw the odd game in one of his famed death spirals, so I reckon this'll be 1-1.

Our striker options for this weekend illustrates further the shambles that we are off the pitch and what a terrible summer we had.

Edited by Gavlar Somerset Rover!
  • Like 9

19 minutes ago, RoversClitheroe said:

When did Gallagher being unavailable become a problem? He's not good enough out wide where Mowbray continues to play him and not see it doesn't work.

I think the quote "in the land of the blind the one eyed man is king" comes to mind here. It's a problem when there is no one else vaguely near competent to play there. 

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, Gav said:

Coventry back from the dead, had to play games at St Andrews for a season, tomorrow backed by 4000 fans at Ewood, tremendous following, a club galvanised by adversity. Don't let anyone tell you we need these charlatans from Pune, actually we need them to sod off before we can move forward, its as simple as that.

Rovers 2 Coventry 1

Venkys out

Unfortunately, literally the opposite could be said of the rovers fanbase.

• Like 3

35 minutes ago, matt83 said:

Unfortunately, literally the opposite could be said of the rovers fanbase.

That won't be the case if Venkys sod off matt, we'll rise as a town, a club and a fanbase, I'm certain of that.

Edited by Gav
  • Like 5

Match preview seems to think BBD will be involved - https://www.rovers.co.uk/news/2021/october/16/preview--rovers-v-coventry-city/

"...Mowbray is hopeful that Ben Brereton Diaz will be able to play a part just hours after jetting back from South America having scored in back-to-back games for Chile over the international break."

• Like 2

dolan and pickering are doubtful for todays games as both are ill apparently,this likely means more positional shifts🤫 and starts for the loaness,edun may play left back with  buckley in the hated,dreaded and thoroughly pointless false nine position,hope this is`nt the start of death spiral number (iv`e lost count) but you live in hope,cmon you blues

15 hours ago, Gav said:

That won't be the case if Venkys sod off matt, we'll rise as a town, a club and a fanbase, I'm certain of that.

An alternate view is that Rovers are spectacularly backed away from home wherever they play it’s the Ewood crowd that is at times a problem in saying that when they back the team they do it loud and proud in terms of getting in the back of Mowbray and co they are apathetically lethargic at best🤬

13 minutes ago, JHRover said:

People on here tipping Burns for the first team in the Championship and then we send him to the Northern Premier League despite being short on numbers.

Brings things into perspective.

He has gone to play in a glorified pub league. How many players over recent seasons have we sent to non league only for them not to get game time, not adapt and return to us no better. It's a pointless deal that with do neither Rovers or the player any good.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, arbitro said:

He has gone to play in a glorified pub league. How many players over recent seasons have we sent to non league only for them not to get game time, not adapt and return to us no better. It's a pointless deal that with do neither Rovers or the player any good.

It's only for a month as well. Strange decision all round.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, arbitro said:

having watched chorley at that level,it`s not easy to play in,very physical and no one gives you an easy time,the refs let a lot of stuff go that would have league crowds in uproar,it will give burns a good lesson on how to look after himself on the pitch,we should have done the same with buckley,i might be mistaken but im`e sure everton sent a young calvert lewin on loan to stalybridge for a few months,did`nt do him any harm

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, simongarnerisgod said:

having watched chorley at that level,it`s not easy to play in,very physical and no one gives you an easy time,the refs let a lot of stuff go that would have league crowds in uproar,it will give burns a good lesson on how to look after himself on the pitch,we should have done the same with buckley,i might be mistaken but im`e sure everton sent a young calvert lewin on loan to stalybridge for a few months,did`nt do him any harm

I have seen Burns play quite a few times and believe me he can look after himself, amongst his attributes in my opinion is his strength a physique. I refereed at that level when coming through and also at reserve team level and the pace and tempo of both are like chalk and cheese.