BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v QPR (a) - 19/10/21

• K-Hod pinned this topic

Six of us making the trip. Not sure why as expectations of a good result under Mowbray’s misfits are not high. Plenty of seats still available when we booked last week

QPR took a hammering at Fulham on Saturday and will be looking to bounce back. Rovers are a banker to concede at least one so will need to score at least 3 to win. I’ll be optimistic and go 

QPR 2 Rovers 2 

moggadon will undoubtedly panic over our poor run and come up with some f****d up 5 at the back formation to try and eak out a draw,an everyone out of position shambles will follow with a 3 goal defeat,qpr are a decent side more than capable of sussing us out easily,hav`nt we all seen this numerous times in the last 5 seasons😪

3 minutes ago, Wheelton Blue said:

Why?

He changes the side/formation/tactics at the drop of a hat.

It's little wonder that he can't get results with any consistency.

We have mainly played 4-3-3/4-2-3-1 most of the games this season with 3 at back sometimes in the game and yesterday we started with it and it wasn't the reason why we conceded 2 goals yesterday. We have mainly played on the counter attack all season. Nothing we can do with injuries. 

2 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

. Nothing we can do with injuries. 

Yes there is. Assemble a stronger squad that can cope with a couple of absences.

We chose not to recruit properly in the summer. Our choice. Injuries are part of the game.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

We have mainly played 4-3-3/4-2-3-1 most of the games this season with 3 at back sometimes in the game and yesterday we started with it and it wasn't the reason why we conceded 2 goals yesterday. We have mainly played on the counter attack all season. Nothing we can do with injuries. 

So in the 12 league games thus far, he's started with at least 3 formations.

How does he expect to find a settled way of playing with that approach?

He tries to be clever for the sake of it.

Edited by Wheelton Blue
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, JHRover said:

Yes there is. Assemble a stronger squad that can cope with a couple of absences.

We chose not to recruit properly in the summer. Our choice. Injuries are part of the game.

We did recruit properly in the summer and we signed 5 players. Yes 2 of loan players haven't played in well enough so far and Van Hecke has played 1 game and did ok. Khadra has looked the best of the loan signings. 

3 minutes ago, Wheelton Blue said:

I don't see the problem in playing different formations and playing them depending on who we facing.. Like I said playing 3 at the back wasn't the problem why we conceded 2 goals yesterday or the reason we played so poorly. 

6 minutes ago, Wheelton Blue said:

For me the problem is not so much different starting formations, but changing formations during a game.

Just now, chaddyrovers said:

We did recruit properly in the summer and we signed 5 players. Yes 2 of loan players haven't played in well enough so far and Van Hecke has played 1 game and did ok. Khadra has looked the best of the loan signings. 

I don't see the problem in playing different formations and playing them depending on who we facing.. Like I said playing 3 at the back wasn't the problem why we conceded 2 goals yesterday or the reason we played so poorly. 

I just can't possibly understand how anyone could say with such confidence that replacing was it 12 players including our 28 goal striker, our main creator and a number of experienced midfielders, that the permanent signing of a sub left back, 2 wingers on loan yet to influence things much, one lightweight midfielder on loan and a centre back who has played one game in which he looked shaky and we conceded 2 is "recruiting properly."

I think Mowbray had his hands tied by those above him with a pitiful budget, but still, we did not recruit properly.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Playing 3 at the back perhaps wasn't the reason for the goals, but once again he needlessly messed around with the defence, in both personel and formation.

Van Hecke clearly wasn't fit, but Mowbray still felt the need to shoehorn him into the side, pushing Lenihan out left. Only one defender started yesterdays game in the same position as Blackpool.

Why didn't he just stick with Nyambe/Lenihan/Ayala and put Edun is as a straight swap for Pickering? We started the season pretty solidly in defence with 4 at the back.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

I just can't possibly understand how anyone could say with such confidence that replacing was it 12 players including our 28 goal striker, our main creator and a number of experienced midfielders, that the permanent signing of a sub left back, 2 wingers on loan yet to influence things much, one lightweight midfielder on loan and a centre back who has played one game in which he looked shaky and we conceded 2 is "recruiting properly."

I think Mowbray had his hands tied by those above him with a pitiful budget, but still, we did not recruit properly.

Brought on himself. Handed out big contracts to players he didn’t need( mulgrew).

Took care of smallwood and the permanently injured guy whose name fails me.

Spent 12 million on strikers. That’s Without Armstrong.

With the full contingent won 2 out of 17 and the third worst run in rovers history.

He hasn’t had his hands tied the current budget is what he should have worked with. Life has been to generous to him. Rather than his hands tied he’s fucked up an opportunity. No sympathy for an underachiever who in reality should have been no where near a job like this with a budget like he’s had. Rejected by Chesterfield before we took him on.

It all boils down to poor ownership. McCarthy under pressure for losing 6 his predecessor Harris for fired on 5. What exactly is it you feel sympathy for 2 in 17.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, davulsukur said:

We're in the throes of a classic Mowbray death spiral, a defeat here for sure.

You can always tell it's coming when the draws start mounting up and certain posters start apologising for him.

I reckon despite some bizarre formation, there'll be lots of effort from the team along with a bit of excitement here and there. That will be followed by either Mowbray being so slow to react with substitutions and/or going full Mowbray and replacing star performers with the likes of Poveda, Butterworth and Magloire.

9 minutes ago, Boroblue said:

Brought on himself. Handed out big contracts to players he didn’t need( mulgrew).

Took care of smallwood and the permanently injured guy whose name fails me.

Spent 12 million on strikers. That’s Without Armstrong.

With the full contingent won 2 out of 17 and the third worst run in rovers history.

He hasn’t had his hands tied the current budget is what he should have worked with. Life has been to generous to him. Rather than his hands tied he’s fucked up an opportunity. No sympathy for an underachiever who in reality should have been no where near a job like this with a budget like he’s had. Rejected by Chesterfield before we took him on.

It all boils down to poor ownership. McCarthy under pressure for losing 6 his predecessor Harris for fired on 5. What exactly is it you feel sympathy for 2 in 17.

I agree that it is all down to poor ownership, 100%.

I dont get the obsession over the specific run of 17 games. A season lasts 46 games, focusing on specfic runs only highlights bias, you could equally point to winning runs. The end result was a finish 4 places down on the previous season which in itself warranted a sacking so I would again agree that sympathy should be in short supply and wasn't my intention.

But much of the rest of your post is irrelevant, including how he spent previous budgets. The 3 forwards he bought for around 15m, he has already practically broken even on by selling one, and assuming that Brereton is also sold at some stage for a decent fee, he will make a considerable profit on the 3. Previous contracts and signings do not justify the pitiful budget for this summer and the fact that it was simply not a competitive or constructive one giving any manager a foundation for success.

The purpose of the post you quoted was for me to dismiss the idea that the summer window was a success. For me, the main reason was the lack of budget even to loan in or sign freebies with some experience. I don't doubt that Mowbray shouldn't be at the club but that is irrelevant to what I was saying. The problem is that because we all/most of us want Mowbray out, sometimes he is brought into conversations randomly or blamed for things he perhaps isnt to blame for.

• Like 1