BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v QPR (a) - 19/10/21

59 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

I just can't possibly understand how anyone could say with such confidence that replacing was it 12 players including our 28 goal striker, our main creator and a number of experienced midfielders, that the permanent signing of a sub left back, 2 wingers on loan yet to influence things much, one lightweight midfielder on loan and a centre back who has played one game in which he looked shaky and we conceded 2 is "recruiting properly."

I think Mowbray had his hands tied by those above him with a pitiful budget, but still, we did not recruit properly.

You have constantly posted all summer and all season so far that you are worried where the goals are coming from but yet again yesterday the players step up and scored the goals. I would be more worried defensively and us keeping clean sheets. 

Brereton and Gallagher have replaced Armstrong goals so far. So thats no a worried for me. 

All the players we released this summer and clear the deadwood was the correct decision. 

On Edun, I don't see as back up left back but challenging for the left back spot or left midfield spot. 

On Recruitment side, Mowbray should have been fully aware where we were in terms of FFP even if we sold Armstrong. If he wasn't then thats down to himself and the staff. Plenty of fans on here were. Mowbray has been fully backed for the past 3 seasons and can have zero complaints about his budget. 

On the players signings, Yes Poveda and Clarkson haven't performed well enough so far and I would look at their loan deals if they continue not to perform in January and send them back to their parent clubs. Khadra has had some good bits of play as a sub but he need to start games shortly. Edun has been performed well enough. Van Hecke has had 1 game so lets write him off so quickly

14 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

But much of the rest of your post is irrelevant, including how he spent previous budgets. The 3 forwards he bought for around 15m, he has already practically broken even on by selling one, and assuming that Brereton is also sold at some stage for a decent fee, he will make a considerable profit on the 3. Previous contracts and signings do not justify the pitiful budget for this summer and the fact that it was simply not a competitive or constructive one giving any manager a foundation for success.

You know why we couldn't spend much money this summer cos we have to meet FFP rules and you just don't want to understand that or won't. 

Mowbray has been financial backed for 3 seasons before this season. Last season Mowbray had around 30 players in last season squad and he couldn't delivered Promotion. 

Yes this season the wage budget has been cut but given the past 3 seasons budget he can not complained one bit

Edited by chaddyrovers
  • Like 1

50 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

You have constantly posted all summer and all season so far that you are worried where the goals are coming from but yet again yesterday the players step up and scored the goals. I would be more worried defensively and us keeping clean sheets. 

Brereton and Gallagher have replaced Armstrong goals so far. So thats no a worried for me. 

All the players we released this summer and clear the deadwood was the correct decision. 

On Edun, I don't see as back up left back but challenging for the left back spot or left midfield spot. 

On Recruitment side, Mowbray should have been fully aware where we were in terms of FFP even if we sold Armstrong. If he wasn't then thats down to himself and the staff. Plenty of fans on here were. Mowbray has been fully backed for the past 3 seasons and can have zero complaints about his budget. 

On the players signings, Yes Poveda and Clarkson haven't performed well enough so far and I would look at their loan deals if they continue not to perform in January and send them back to their parent clubs. Khadra has had some good bits of play as a sub but he need to start games shortly. Edun has been performed well enough. Van Hecke has had 1 game so lets write him off so quickly

Conversely, you can not be so sure that "we did recruit properly" when none of the players signed have made a significant impact. I haven't wrote off anyone yet but if we are talking about jumping to conclusions, saying that we did recruit properly so soon is equally naive and premature.

47 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

You know why we couldn't spend much money this summer cos we have to meet FFP rules and you just don't want to understand that or won't. 

Mowbray has been financial backed for 3 seasons before this season. Last season Mowbray had around 30 players in last season squad and he couldn't delivered Promotion. 

Yes this season the wage budget has been cut but given the past 3 seasons budget he can not complained one bit

What you don't seem to understand is that I can possibly understand FFP as well as you do and think that there is no evidence to suggest that FFP was the reason that we didnt spend more (repeated mentions of the pandemic in India, the journey pausing etc in the press, nothing about FFP) and if we couldnt spend any more, that would have made us over 10m over guidelines prior to the Armstrong sale which again there is no evidence on. All of this is beside the point I was making.

He shouldnt be in a job at all so he cant complain but the summer was not one to equip a manager to progress, pretty simple, losing lots of senior bodies and selling your primary asset, signing a cheap left back and 4 kids on loan.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

What you don't seem to understand is that I can possibly understand FFP as well as you do and think that there is no evidence to suggest that FFP was the reason that we didnt spend more (repeated mentions of the pandemic in India, the journey pausing etc in the press, nothing about FFP) and if we couldnt spend any more, that would have made us over 10m over guidelines prior to the Armstrong sale which again there is no evidence on.

Evidence? just look at the accounts for the last 3 years and the losses from them overall is more than the permit 39 million pounds over 3 seasons. I don't need the club to tell me about FFP as I know what the rules are and how much we are allowed to spend the allocated time. 

Here is the picture from the club accounts for the last 3 financial years on company house website which put us above the permit amount of 39 million pounds allowed. 

Screenshot (62).png

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, TruRover said:

I live in London and am currently trying to buy tickets for this however I can only find Tickets that include bus/travel fees on the site. I am sure I am just being dumb but where can I just find the match tickets ?

Same, I can only see coach tickets available?

52 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

He shouldnt be in a job at all so he cant complain but the summer was not one to equip a manager to progress, pretty simple, losing lots of senior bodies and selling your primary asset, signing a cheap left back and 4 kids on loan.

Mowbray should have been fully aware of where we were as a club in terms of FFP and if he wasn't then its his fault and maybe he thought he wouldn't be here as manager this past summer so took no interest, 

Armstrong was always leaving the club this summer. 

I thought you support and agreed with the decision to release players like Evans, Bennett, Holtby, Bell and Downing. I agreed with decisions to release the lot and get rid of them. Allowed our younger players into the 25 man squad this season. 

Edited by chaddyrovers

13 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Evidence? just look at the accounts for the last 3 years and the losses from them overall is more than the permit 39 million pounds over 3 seasons. I don't need the club to tell me about FFP as I know what the rules are and how much we are allowed to spend the allocated time. 

Here is the picture from the club accounts for the last 3 financial years on company house website which put us above the permit amount of 39 million pounds allowed. 

Screenshot (62).png

We sold Adam Armstrong for £15 million and spent £100,000 on a left back. Where does that fit into your calculations?

I really, really, really hope this time next year you aren't still beating this drum after we've allowed Nyambe, Lenihan and Rothwell to walk away for nothing, because if FFP was a concern those 3 would be under new contracts by now.

Edited by JHRover
  • Like 6

1 hour ago, roversfan99 said:

I agree that it is all down to poor ownership, 100%.

I dont get the obsession over the specific run of 17 games. A season lasts 46 games, focusing on specfic runs only highlights bias, you could equally point to winning runs. The end result was a finish 4 places down on the previous season which in itself warranted a sacking so I would again agree that sympathy should be in short supply and wasn't my intention.

But much of the rest of your post is irrelevant, including how he spent previous budgets. The 3 forwards he bought for around 15m, he has already practically broken even on by selling one, and assuming that Brereton is also sold at some stage for a decent fee, he will make a considerable profit on the 3. Previous contracts and signings do not justify the pitiful budget for this summer and the fact that it was simply not a competitive or constructive one giving any manager a foundation for success.

The purpose of the post you quoted was for me to dismiss the idea that the summer window was a success. For me, the main reason was the lack of budget even to loan in or sign freebies with some experience. I don't doubt that Mowbray shouldn't be at the club but that is irrelevant to what I was saying. The problem is that because we all/most of us want Mowbray out, sometimes he is brought into conversations randomly or blamed for things he perhaps isnt to blame for.

No manager survives the run he had. None. It’s amazing and in itself a snapshot of who we are owned by and how  they view it. So is it then any surprise that an owner that runs us as a business on a 5 year cycle gives him no funds. This is not a criticism of your view but after that run he needed firing out of a cannon  let only be sacked. So does a dead in the water manager at the end of a 5 year cycle deserve backing?

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, JHRover said:

We sold Adam Armstrong for £15 million and spent £100,000 on a left back. Where does that fit into your calculations?

I really, really, really hope this time next year you aren't still beating this drum after we've allowed Nyambe, Lenihan and Rothwell to walk away for nothing, because if FFP was a concern those 3 would be under new contracts by now.

Should Lenihan be the top earner do you think , because he's captain? 

1 minute ago, JHRover said:

well thats will be on 21/22 season accounts which will be done at the end of the season. 

Plus around 5 to 6 million pounds went to Newcastle so we only actually received 9 to 10 million pounds above what we paid for him. Plus didn't Edun signed for 500k not 100k

1 minute ago, chaddyrovers said:

well thats will be on 21/22 season accounts which will be done at the end of the season. 

Plus around 5 to 6 million pounds went to Newcastle so we only actually received 9 to 10 million pounds above what we paid for him. Plus didn't Edun signed for 500k not 100k

I know it will be in the next accounts. But for FFP purposes it would be possible to reinvest a chunk of the cash received and use the balance to reduce losses.

We failed to do so. That was because we were unwilling or unable to get deals done, not because FFP rules were preventing them.

If you believe what liar Waggott says we had a player ready to sign - so FFP wasn't stopping it.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, JHRover said:

You can keep ignoring FFP time after time JH if you want. You have admitted on here that you aren't bothered if we end in embargo but you haven't realised what would if we were embargo. 

We have offered these 3 players new improve contracts and its up to them whether they sign the contract or twist and move on. 

Edited by chaddyrovers

1 hour ago, chaddyrovers said:

Ita great that Brereton and Gallagher are scoring , but we should have signed a centre forward. I know you said we should have too, but imagine how many goals we would be scoring if we did sign a decent CF.. Dolan is decent and works hard ,but if even £5 million of the Armstrong money was invested well, we could have a serious attack. It just shows poor organisation behind the scenes at the club. The much discussed European scouting network should surely have identified a player for £2-5 million we could have signed. It's either the money isn't available or complete disorganision behind the scenes 

5 minutes ago, JHRover said:

I know it will be in the next accounts. But for FFP purposes it would be possible to reinvest a chunk of the cash received and use the balance to reduce losses.

We failed to do so. That was because we were unwilling or unable to get deals done, not because FFP rules were preventing them.

If you believe what liar Waggott says we had a player ready to sign - so FFP wasn't stopping it.

Given that we are already over the 39 million pounds threshold over 3 season means we couldn't spend the Armstrong;s money but that has to used to cover the losses we have. 

What players was ready to sign? 

6 minutes ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

Ita great that Brereton and Gallagher are scoring , but we should have signed a centre forward. I know you said we should have too, but imagine how many goals we would be scoring if we did sign a decent CF.. Dolan is decent and works hard ,but if even £5 million of the Armstrong money was invested well, we could have a serious attack. It just shows poor organisation behind the scenes at the club. The much discussed European scouting network should surely have identified a player for £2-5 million we could have signed. It's either the money isn't available or complete disorganision behind the scenes 

We don't know what the impact Maja would have had here. Maybe Brereton wouldn't have score as much. who knows. Maja was coming in on loan deal with a view to permanent deal next season when we lose the first championship season spending where we signed Armstrong, Brereton, Davenport and Rothwell Allowing us to spend money plus some of the Brereton money. We couldn't spend the Armstrong money due to FFP rules. 

9 minutes ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

We don't know what the impact Maja would have had here. Maybe Brereton wouldn't have score as much. who knows. Maja was coming in on loan deal with a view to permanent deal next season when we lose the first championship season spending where we signed Armstrong, Brereton, Davenport and Rothwell Allowing us to spend money plus some of the Brereton money. We couldn't spend the Armstrong money due to FFP rules. 

18 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

I don't know if that's true. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Miker said:

This board was whinging and moaning about the money “wasted” on Brero and Gally not too long ago. Now it’s all about Venky’s turning the taps off.

Its like goldilocks and the three bears on here.

If you thought people were moaning about money being spent then you completely missed the point.

• Like 4

• Backroom
1 minute ago, Miker said:

This board was whinging and moaning about the money “wasted” on Brero and Gally not too long ago. Now it’s all about Venky’s turning the taps off.

Its like goldilocks and the three bears on here.

It was never the money that was the problem, it was that we were spending it on two unproven strikers when we needed defenders.

• Like 5