BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v QPR (a) - 19/10/21

The clubs a mid table championship side at best whilst Venkys remain in charge. Once you get used to that fact our situation becomes easier to accept.

A shout out to the superb support tonight at a wet Loftus Road, hero’s every one if you, safe journey home.

• Like 3

45 minutes ago, Miller11 said:

Kaminski - gets too much appreciation for not being Christian Walton. Overrated.

Nyambe - would be mad to sign a new deal with us I’m afraid. Go on and fulfil your potential. Good performance.

Lenihan - Bang average.

Van Hecke - Donkey.

Ayala - Good.

Pickering - out of his depth

Edun - Tidy player. Few iffy moments but was massively isolated for large spells. Will be a good signing.

Travis - regressing.

Clarkson - Totally unsuited to playing in this division.

Brereton - tried hard but service was non-existent 

Butterworth - failed to take his chance

Johnson - off the pace

Rothwell - we expect miracles. Didn’t get the opportunity to do what he does best

Gallagher - nothing of note barring a stupid tackle

Mowbray - out

Hard to say Trav is regressing when he went off after about 35 mins played

32 minutes ago, Mercer said:

Tony has a plan for moving forward:

https://www.lancs.live/sport/football/football-news/qpr-blackburn-rovers-mowbray-reaction-21899915

'We have the reaction of Tony Mowbray on the defeat and the plan for Rovers moving forward'.

I think our local journalists are a total embarrassment.

I really don't know why they bother they could save a fortune sending trainees down there. All they do is turn Mowbrays words into print and toe the club lines.

Pointless peasants, why can't somebody for once start asking proper questions and only accepting proper answers ?

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Gav said:

The clubs a mid table championship side at best whilst Venkys remain in charge. Once you get used to that fact our situation becomes easier to accept.

A shout out to the superb support tonight at a wet Loftus Road, hero’s every one if you, safe journey home.

Depressingly we had a 28 goal striker and Harvey Elliott last year and still managed to finish 15th. 

Glad I dodged the trip tonight, like you say, great effort for all those who travelled. 

• Like 1

What a dull evening. Performance was dead from the team, which made us fans even quieter. 

All in all a boring game and boring night. I can’t even start on the decision to play Clarkson he is so out of his depth I can’t believe we even consider him let alone as a 9.

• Like 1

Can I ask why Mowbray is banging on about Basketball?? 

Football is fairly simple.. 

Tonight we should've played players in their correct positions and set up to be solid, it's an away game in the pissing down rain 250mile from home.. grab an early lead and dominate possession.. but clearly we just don't have a clue 

• Like 2

Bowyer was boring in his own way as he was a very timid manager but his sides tended to be settled. We drew a lot and there was a feeling of needing to seriously up the tempo but he was never as confused as this fella is.

He had Rhodes as well but he knew what to do with him to be fair. TM has had Armstrong and knew how to get the best out of him. That has papered over many cracks over the last few years though.

That luxury is gone now though.

• Backroom

How Mowbray makes it so complicated, I don't know. My coach at school used a Cloughism when we played:

You head the ball. You kick the ball. If you have time with the ball, give it to someone who can play.

• Like 3

Not acknowledging the fans is very low. The sign of a man who is completely untouchable or someone who is just waiting for the sack like your wait for Godot? Or both? 

I just don't know where this is heading, other than down. The whole situation is very unhealthy and it stems from absentee owners who seemingly have no interest

• Like 8

1 minute ago, broadsword said:

Not acknowledging the fans is very low. The sign of a man who is completely untouchable or someone who is just waiting for the sack like your wait for Godot? Or both? 

I just don't know where this is heading, other than down. The whole situation is very unhealthy and it stems from absentee owners who seemingly have no interest

He is a prat to not acknowledge the traveling fans. Get rid!

• Like 3

How can the manager think we were going to win that 0-1? I've never seen a game more obviously going to end 1 or 2 nil to the home side. If we can see it why can't he??? Rovers were all over the place and getting run ragged in midfield. 

Absolutely shambolic performance with a decent enough subs bench but no plan B. A change of shape was very visibly needed. Terrible manager and more terrible form - similar to the end of last season. How are we still here??

If we'd have won that match 1-0 it would have been completely undeserved. I'd have still been embarrassed by the poor passing, the lack of movement and chances created, and the inability to control any part of that game.

How about some honesty from Mowbray, instead of shaping another squad of players that are allowed to underperform?

I expected some anger after that display.

Message to the owners: Make some changes now, show an interest and get the fans back through the gates.

Edited by Ghost7
  • Like 1

Absolutely dismal tonight, reminded me of that infamous Spurs away game under Kean such was our lack of attempt to score a goal tonight. The first and I think only shot on target was a weak speculative long ranger from Rothwell with 5 minutes to go. The 3 at the back bollocks has to stop.

Kaminski for an experienced player has no concept of game management, constantly rushing the ball out quickly when the game didnt call for it, there was once when he launched a rubbish kick towards Butterworth who could barely run, then a minute later he threw a quick ball out to Edun which again brough on pressure, his distribution is really poor too. Van Hecke is crap, his header attempt in the second half summed him up, he constantly pulls opponents shirts and they could have scored early in the second half due to a mis kick from him. Ayala was good, the ball seems to be drawn towards him in the air, Lenihan had a mixed night again playing a role that doesnt suot him. Nyambe was decent although lacks end product, but is a good one on one defender. Pickering looked off the pace and I have no idea what to make of Edun, defensively he is really poor and leaves so many gaps behind him, but he is decent on the ball and very positive so maybe he would be better further forward.

Clarkson again looked totally lost, what we get relying on kids on loan due to budget restraints, plus he isnt helped being played so far forward. We need Travis back fit, Johnson like Pickering looked off the pace and Rothwell was no more than ok.

There have been plenty of calls for Butterworth, but he gave his chances of another start anytime soon a hammer blow. He looks somewhat overawed by the speed of professional football and he was poor, plus his stamina is a real concern, hard to justify starting a player who tires so quickly. Brereton was anonymous too and his hectic schedule in South America seems to have worn him out. I said prior to the game that we would lack goal threat although I didnt expect it to be that bad. 

Mowbray out, definitely. His tactics are beyond strange although lets not kid ourselves, contrary to popular belief this is a crap squad of players and is soon to lose the half decent ones to be replaced by cheaper replacements. Most importantly, Venkys out.

• Like 5

6 minutes ago, Crimpshrine said:

While everyone is still angry why not consider joining the boycott.

Maybe an organised boycott of a single home game with protests outside Ewood. We need to show the owners that we are angry and won't put up with the situation any longer.

Been there before, very few joined in and it was embarrassing

• Like 2