BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v QPR (a) - 19/10/21

14 hours ago, ben_the_beast said:

Surprises me how little stick Johnson got for the goal. He was awful. So static, no pressure and just allowed Chair to have a pop. 

There were moments where we were in the game. However when both Travis and Edun were taken out of midfield we were always going to get over run. Especially when 2 of the 3 in there included the child like Clarkson and the past it, immobile, overweight Johnson. 

I thought he was abysmal, as usual. Would have been the last of the out of contract players, I would have renewed. Think he was past it when he first signed for us, and the years have not been kind.

Edited by Fraserkirky
  • Like 3

Another issue I have is that Khadra looks like the best of the summer crop of signings, typical Rovers is he has played the least out of them all. 

I wanna see him start at Left Wing, Breo through the middle, and Gallagher or Dolan wide right depending on the opposition.

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, SIMON GARNERS 194 said:

If were happy with the club to finish anywhere near a lowly 17th Islander200 than its time for us all to pack it in.

Eleven years of mismanagement and expectations through the floor.

Did I say I would be happy with it?

Which would you be happier with 17th or relegation?

I was merely giving my opinion that I don't think there is a chance that we will get relegated this season due to some of the other teams in the league.

It's like this most including me expected this season to be a struggle.Most including me want the manager out.

We had a good start and I see mad stuff being posted on here about us possibly getting top 6 this year.There is no chance of that either.

I'm hopeful money will be spent next summer when we lose the window got promoted from the ffp calculations.

And praying it will be a new management team that get to spend it rather than Mowbray.

1 hour ago, Miller11 said:

If ever we needed any more proof xG is a right load of old bollocks

Whilst I agree that xG is a complete load of old bollocks, it actually still shows here overall that we should've lost the game - 1.32 to 0.2, therefore 1-0 to QPR was about right. So what the hell this Watson fella is on about, I have absolutely no idea!

"ooh look guys, their xG is really low & much lower than in recent weeks, isn't Tony doing a good job!"

"no you fecking clown! Look at ours as well!"

(and yes I am still fuming from last night so anything like this is a red rag to a bull)

• Like 2

50 minutes ago, 1864roverite said:

Egg on my face? I don’t ever recall saying that about me I do think I suggested the embarrassment would be a huge thing in the club and board.

You really need to look into all aspects of the club and what may or may not have improved ! 

Egg on the face of the lub perhaps?

I don’t waste my time on anything and I have more important things in my life to worry about. I believe that my approach was the right way and I hope it bears fruit. The plus side is that if I have been lied to and the information provided is a charade then imagine how that would now reflect on the club when it is fully documented both verbally and email ? I am not a fly by night reporter seeking a one hit wonder I want wholesale changes to my club and armed with the information that I already had, info from fellow fans and media sources I have now added the words of representatives from inside the club. I doubt very much that there would be any reason why the club would want further egg on their faces because it would attract a really negative slant on them

Edited by lraC
Added an item

29 minutes ago, 1864roverite said:

You can suggest anything you want but again you are wrong as usual 

I am wrong am I? Is there anything you have been wrong with on here?

Edited by lraC
Typo

5 minutes ago, windymiller7 said:

Whilst I agree that xG is a complete load of old bollocks, it actually still shows here overall that we should've lost the game - 1.32 to 0.2, therefore 1-0 to QPR was about right. So what the hell this Watson fella is on about, I have absolutely no idea!

"ooh look guys, their xG is really low & much lower than in recent weeks, isn't Tony doing a good job!"

(and yes I am still fuming from last night so anything like this is a red rag to a bull)

Makes me laugh. He’s pretty much saying his own eyes told him it was fecking crap… but because the xG says so we’d *actshully* performed well!

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, windymiller7 said:

They always pop up with this bollocks after defeats as a form of defense for him. They say they want change yet try and justify Mowbrays methods constantly.

Painful it is, stats are stats but live games as a spectacle are live games and that's what most normal fans are watching. Not a frigging spreadsheet !

• Like 5

57 minutes ago, 1864roverite said:

Egg on my face? I don’t ever recall saying that about me I do think I suggested the embarrassment would be a huge thing in the club and board.

You really need to look into all aspects of the club and what may or may not have improved ! 

I’m struggling to find out what has improved (assuming you mean post Venkys) but can provide a very long list of things that may not have improved.

Would you care to enlighten the forum on what has improved?

1 minute ago, Gav said:

The manager hasn't improved and the squad is worse than last seasons.

The budgets have been cut, thats obvious, we couldn't even buy average journeymen in the summer and the contract situations are unprecedented in my 50yrs of watching the club. 

We sacked the European scout and haven't replaced him.

As I understand it season ticket sales are down, walk ups are down too.

The ticketing system was knackered at the start of the season, the live stream coverage was broke also.

The club shop was closed the weekend before the season started just as we'd launched the new shirt.

The grounds a mess, the beers flat and pies are stale, now the clock at the Darwen ends broke.

Sponsors have tried in vein to give the club money for this seasons campaign and nobody returns the calls.

Thats just off the top of my head.

It’s beginning to sound like the monty Python what have the Romans done for us scene?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, lraC said:

I also read his words very carefully and have yet to see any improvement or any change for that matter.

I'm as unhappy as the next man the Coventrio are still in situ but the statement above is simply not correct.

We've already seen an attempt to rectify Waggott's calamitous pricing strategy by the introduction of the 17 game season ticket and offers for individual games.

That said, for me all minor improvements pale into insignificance until the Coventrio, Lowe, Benson etc are removed.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

I'm as unhappy as the next man the Coventrio are still in situ but the statement above is simply not correct.

We've already seen an attempt to rectify Waggott's calamitous pricing strategy by the introduction of the 17 game season ticket and offers for individual games.

That said, for me all minor improvements pale into insignificance until the Coventrio, Lowe, Benson etc are removed.

Happy to be corrected and add significant to that post. As already mentioned by several people that initiative has coincided with our latest death spiral, so is unlikely to help, very much.

An improvement made to rectify a significant blunder, both made by the same person, hardly suggests an improvement though, in my view. It is merely trying to makes amends for a big mistake.

Edited by lraC
  • Like 1

I think what he was trying to do was highlight how the team was set up. At no point did he actually defend those tactics but illustrated using the best publically available chance creation descriptor that, yes, indeed QPR created very little in the first half and indeed from open play all game.

Problem was, as we all saw, we created nothing (albeit we hit the post). So the balance in the match was wrong. But any chance to change it effectively was severely hampered by injuries.

Happy to discuss differences of opinion on tactical setups, the merits (or lack thereof) of xG & anything else. All opinions 100% valid, mine certainly has no more validity than anyone else's.

Screenshot_2021-10-20-16-45-34-51_0b2fce7a16bf2b728d6ffa28c8d60efb.jpg

• Like 1

What I will also say is that to come out and say that we will be positive at QPR and then produce a game plan to do the exact opposite and then to not even acknowledge the travelling fans who are expecting a positive display is very poor indeed.

• Like 9

2 hours ago, lraC said:

I am wrong am I? Is there anything you have been wrong with on here?

The famous Derek Shaw phone call, big things happening behind the scenes, all is well as i recall it.

Followed not long after by selling every decent player, Owen Coyle and relegation.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, AndyW said:

What I will also say is that to come out and say that we will be positive at QPR and then produce a game plan to do the exact opposite and then to not even acknowledge the travelling fans who are expecting a positive display is very poor indeed.

Well he does set out to fox and confuse the opposition so probably all just part of the cunning plan.

My skepticism with data is that if you fed Tugay into a Spreadsheet we'd never have touched him in a million years. As it transpires, he was probably the greatest foreign player ever to grace Ewood in spite of all the things he couldn't or wouldn't do.

I accept that data can be useful and will doubtless have uncovered some gems to buy or weaknesses to exploit, but at the end of the day, there is only one metric which counts. Two decades from now nobody will look back at a fixture and see 'they had 67% possession, a superior xG and an overwhelming victory in the aerial duels stakes', they'll see we lost 1-0 and subsequently attained zero points that day. It's the same with players - people remember Brad Friedel as one of our finest keepers ever, Craig Short as an absolute unit and whoever else as whatever else. No one will ever say 'Well, that Harry Pickering lad back in the day once successfully completed thirty passes over fifty yards in six matches'...

Edited by GHR
  • Like 9

19 minutes ago, tomphil said:

The famous Derek Shaw phone call, big things happening behind the scenes, all is well as i recall it.

Followed not long after by selling every decent player, Owen Coyle and relegation.

Let’s hope the changes going on this time, aren’t quite as big!!

• Like 1

Nothing ever makes sense, one game to the next. The one quality Rovers had this season, was the scoring of B-D (& sometimes Gally), but yesterday we weren’t close to finding the net, against the 2nd worst defending team in the division. 

The next game, we are apt to get 4 or 5 goals, allowing the same amount, then the next we get skunked again, etc. 

Managers can’t explain it, yet it happens, nonetheless. Our managers forte is supposed to be organization- does anybody out there honestly believe Mowbray is a great organizer!? 

Is the roster better than the manager? Yes, but the quality is not that deep, the bench even less. When the manager isn’t a “difference maker”, we cannot truly expect the players to pick up the slack. 

All that said, Reading is back from the dead… I expect a good pummeling courtesy of Royals at Ewood on Saturday. 

Edited by WacoRover

• Backroom

I don’t understand how they could have 0.38 xG in the second half yet missed an open net from 6 yards, fired another couple over, Kaminski saved one and they scored another 

• Like 2