BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v QPR (a) - 19/10/21

21 minutes ago, A Northern Horde... said:

That may be the situation in the cold light of day but never,NEVER is it acceptable.

We appear to have lost our backbone as fans amidst the apathy.

Its all a sack of shit to put it bluntly.

It's the lack of care and respect that is unacceptable. Being h crap is one thing, but giving up is entirely different. 

How can that geezer sit on the bench as a helpless bystander and not do anything. If the job is beyond him then leave, if it isn't then grab hold of your Bollocks and start putting it right. The fans are owed that much. I'm convinced he's sat there waiting for his push off and he's just given up on it because he doesn't believe in himself. 

Never mind your professional pride, how can you call yourself a man and do that. He's a bloody coward. He hides, he puts the blame anywhere but himself. But then that's the sort of character that Venky's attract. 

It's a very poor show all around and it's been going on far too long. It's the old Stockdale paradox again. I just have to accept that Venky's own the club and they're batshit clueless loonies who neither care nor understand. To paraphrase stockdale “leaving the world of football and entering the world of Epictetus.” but he only did seven years in hanoi. I guess one day they'll leave, won't they? 

Won't they? 

• Like 4

Can't really talk about boycotts when the club is cutting ticket prices to get punters in to support this cretins journey to his pension.

I'd prefer to finally see him given both barrels after another dismal effort and pathetic team set up. I think as far as he goes that would be more productive than anything.

• Like 6

I don't like to criticise someone so young but Clarkson... jesus wept. If he wasn't a Liverpool loanee he wouldn't be making the mens team. Loan players are supposed to be better than what you have / can afford, they're meant to have an impact. What are we doing!!

• Like 3

49 minutes ago, Ghost7 said:

How can the manager think we were going to win that 0-1? I've never seen a game more obviously going to end 1 or 2 nil to the home side. If we can see it why can't he??? Rovers were all over the place and getting run ragged in midfield. 

Absolutely shambolic performance with a decent enough subs bench but no plan B. A change of shape was very visibly needed. Terrible manager and more terrible form - similar to the end of last season. How are we still here??

If we'd have won that match 1-0 it would have been completely undeserved. I'd have still been embarrassed by the poor passing, the lack of movement and chances created, and the inability to control any part of that game.

How about some honesty from Mowbray, instead of shaping another squad of players that are allowed to underperform?

I expected some anger after that display.

Message to the owners: Make some changes now, show an interest and get the fans back through the gates.

He was clearly putting a lot into that one Rothwell shot from 25 yards out. As that was our only shot that I recall. 

2 hours ago, JHRover said:

The penny dropped a long time ago for many of us but there are still some people who can't see it yet. It will come.

I was one of the hardy souls who made the trip down to QPR last night

It is my sad duty to report that I didn't hear one dissenting voice among the fans against Mowbray

Plenty of abuse aimed at Burnley and Charlie Austin when he came on, but Rovers away fans don't seem to have hit a tipping point with Mowbray yet

Just a few thoughts on one of the worst performances I've seen from a Rovers team in 50 plus years of attending

Apart from Nyambe and Ayala (and they're not brilliant), there is very little quality in the team. Last season when we had Elliott and Harwood-Bellis and Armstrong seems a very long time ago

Butterworth and Clarkson....... why?

Both look like schoolboys and they play the same way, boys in a man's world. I don't see what either of them have to offer and should not be in the team

I have no doubt we'll be in a relegation battle before Christmas.  

• Like 3

On 18/10/2021 at 10:21, davulsukur said:

5qulse.jpg

It wasn't a million miles off was it....

In the interest of positivity the defence looked OK last night, although qpr didn't exactly test them THAT much. Which is kinda the most annoying thing again, another loss against such a bang average team.

In 2 minds whether to even bother watching at weekend nevermind attending. Forget ticket prices, the biggest issue with dwindling gates is without a doubt that predictable prat who was prancing round in skechers on the touchline last night looking like a geography teacher covering a P.E lesson because the usual teacher was off sick. Clarkson was the really shit kid playing in pumps and a kit made up of lost property, seriously what the hell does he offer on a football pitch?

No positives at all on the pitch, a few individual alarm bells rang too -

Clarkson : if he had a night of good touches and passing but was out muscled I'd take the positives. What I saw was a lad that looked so far out of his depth he couldn't even compose himself to pass correctly.

Kaminski: if he had a half decent game I'd take that as a positive but he didn't, his positioning was all over as was his distribution. The goal is really poor as that was the only place the ball could have gone and he just stood there.

Butterworth : from what I've seen he needs a full fitness regime starting with our fitness coaches, he looked shot by half time. Until he achieves that no amount of quality will see beyond his lack of cardio.

Van Hecke : the lad takes so many wild hacks at the ball and is really asking for trouble with all his holding. Can see him giving away a few pens.

MOWBRAY IS SO CONFIDENT IN HIS POSITION HE IS CLEARLY JUST LAUGHING AT US FANS NOW!!!

5 hours ago, jim mk2 said:

Just a few thoughts on one of the worst performances I've seen from a Rovers team in 50 plus years of attending

Apart from Nyambe and Ayala (and they're not brilliant), there is very little quality in the team. Last season when we had Elliott and Harwood-Bellis and Armstrong seems a very long time ago

Butterworth and Clarkson....... why?

Both look like schoolboys and they play the same way, boys in a man's world. I don't see what either of them have to offer and should not be in the team

I have no doubt we'll be in a relegation battle before Christmas.  

We are in a relegation battle now and w3 are not even in November 

1 hour ago, 1864roverite said:

Yes because we would be in a lower league losing at Plymouth or at home to Mk dons😂😂

Funnily enough we played both of them recently and they, from a status point of view were our equals.

Your veiled defence of Venkys is not washing with me. They are the reason we are in the state we are on and off the field.

Edit: And Plymouth took four points off us.

Edited by arbitro
  • Like 8

31 minutes ago, arbitro said:

Funnily enough we played both of them recently and they, from a status point of view were our equals.

Your veiled defence of Venkys is not washing with me. They are the reason we are in the state we are on and off the field.

It isn't washing with me either. I think a blind man on a galloping horse can see that both Wigan and Bolton are now far better off than we are in terms or their future prospects and as I have said before, I would gladly go through what they have to rid ourselves of the current ownership.

• Like 6

33 minutes ago, arbitro said:

I will reiterate once and for all I am not nor have I ever defended venkys  so get over it. On the pitch it’s Mowbrays own doing off it it’s the owners 

• Like 1

I thought Butterworth was useless and really didn't take his opportunity. Johnson very poor when he came on. In general we were destroyed in midfield. Completely wrong selection and thaoe that played were poor..Clarkson is so weak. 

I think Wharton is a lot better than Van what the Heck. He looks rash, to say the least. 

8 minutes ago, 1864roverite said:

I will reiterate once and for all I am not nor have I ever defended venkys  so get over it. On the pitch it’s Mowbrays own doing off it it’s the owners 

So it's Venky's Out now then?👍👍

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

I thought Butterworth was useless and really didn't take his opportunity. Johnson very poor when he came on. In general we were destroyed in midfield. Completely wrong selection and thaoe that played were poor..Clarkson is so weak. 

I think Wharton is a lot better than Van what the Heck. He looks rash, to say the least. 

Spot on.

All 4 of the summer loans look poor to me. A total waste, based on what I've seen so far.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, jim mk2 said:

I was one of the hardy souls who made the trip down to QPR last night

It is my sad duty to report that I didn't hear one dissenting voice among the fans against Mowbray

Plenty of abuse aimed at Burnley and Charlie Austin when he came on, but Rovers away fans don't seem to have hit a tipping point with Mowbray yet

LT readers will always have their TM supporters but even fans on the forum are turning or coming out of the woodwork!

The loans this season just look a bit desperate as in 'what can you give us for nowt in return for games'.

We got a bit spoiled with Tosin, Elliot, THB but now it's a cheaper step down from them. At least you'd hope they are cheap but knowing this club we are probably still spaffing good money on some of them.

It wouldn't be so bad if they were back up to our own but football messiah Mowbray is actually trying to conjor up formations for them. At the same time in doing this he's wasting our own attacking talent in favor of them being deployed just to stop the opposition.

A point would've been handy last night but that wouldn't change the general concerns nor the poor efforts on show.

• Like 1