BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v QPR (a) - 19/10/21

Only guarantee in this one is goals. Either 2-2 or maybe someone will nick a 3-2 win.

Hopefully he will bin the 5 at the back off but I'm not convinced he will, he'll want to use his new toy Van Hecke and surely even TM wouldn't drop Ayala or Lenihan.

I'd like to see Johnson given a run out in place of Travis. He really isn't influencing games at the moment and whilst people point the fingers at the defence every time we concede, the midfield needs to stand up and be counted too. 

It's exactly the type of game where he makes about 4-5 ridiculous changes to the starting line up though this on the back of 3 games without a win so brace yourselves come 18:45 tomorrow when Poveda is up top with Buckley 😳

• Like 4

10 minutes ago, Ossydave said:

Only guarantee in this one is goals. Either 2-2 or maybe someone will nick a 3-2 win.

Hopefully he will bin the 5 at the back off but I'm not convinced he will, he'll want to use his new toy Van Hecke and surely even TM wouldn't drop Ayala or Lenihan.

I'd like to see Johnson given a run out in place of Travis. He really isn't influencing games at the moment and whilst people point the fingers at the defence every time we concede, the midfield needs to stand up and be counted too. 

It's exactly the type of game where he makes about 4-5 ridiculous changes to the starting line up though this on the back of 3 games without a win so brace yourselves come 18:45 tomorrow when Poveda is up top with Buckley 😳

I think 5 at the back is going to be his standard approach now until 1) Injuries prevent it being feasible or 2) a bad run goes on for long enough that he changes out of necessity.

He has always had a strange obsession with it despite it never working for us, and I suspected weeks ago that he was plotting it for when Van Hecke was fit. It was just something about how he said he wasn't worried about him being injured, and how he liked his passing style. When I combined it with how many CBs we would have when he and Wharton came back, it just gave me a feeling the 5 at the back crap was going to make a lengthy comeback.

Shame, as we are generally garbage when we play it. Think it's death spiral time.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Ossydave said:

5qulse.jpg

• Like 4

35 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

my team based on the team news from Mowbray 

Kaminski

Nyambe  Lenihan  Ayala  Edun

Buckley  Travis  Rothwell

Gallagher     Dolan    Brereton

Subs:- Pears, Van Hecke, Pickering, Clarkson, Poveda, Johnson, Butterworth

You were bigging Pickering up for yonks, just a squad player then?  🙄

1 hour ago, chaddyrovers said:

my team based on the team news from Mowbray 

Kaminski

Nyambe  Lenihan  Ayala  Edun

Buckley  Travis  Rothwell

Gallagher     Dolan    Brereton

Subs:- Pears, Van Hecke, Pickering, Clarkson, Poveda, Johnson, Butterworth

I'd play the same team, except Pickering in for Edun if he is fit enough. And I'd only play Gally if he is looking fitter today, because he looked out of shape in the second half and his blunder cost us. Problem is Poveda has been crap and I'm not expecting Khadra (injured) or Butterworth (never gets on the pitch) to be fit enough.

Tony will play 5 at the back though. I will be surprised (and pleased) if it's a back 4.

7 minutes ago, bluebruce said:

I'd play the same team, except Pickering in for Edun if he is fit enough.

I have not selected Pickering from the start cos he has just come back from illness so I selected Edun. 

8 minutes ago, bluebruce said:

Problem is Poveda has been crap and I'm not expecting Khadra (injured) or Butterworth (never gets on the pitch) to be fit enough.

On Khadra, Mowbray has said he is back in training and won't make the trip. Poveda hasn't performed so far which I'm surprised cos I was expected good things from him. 

9 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

If what true? 

The FFP rules are clear from the FL. 

Or Maja loan deal with a view to permanent deal? 

Is it true we couldn't spend money because of ffp? Even if it is, we should have signed someone else on loan when Maja fell through. We had known for months Armstrong was leaving. Imagine the difference a goal scoring centre forward would make. To leave it to the last second and then play poor us isn't really acceptable in my view

Plus if it is true we couldn't spend cos of ffp, what was all the Obefemi stuff about? 

Edited by Bigdoggsteel

12 minutes ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

Is it true we couldn't spend money because of ffp? 

Look at the club's accounts for the last 3 years on companies House website. You can lose 39 million pounds over 3 seasons. Some cost can be deducted like academy Cost. 

12 minutes ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

we should have signed someone else on loan when Maja fell through. 

I agree there. 

Edited by chaddyrovers
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

Where are we at with regards the £39 million? How close are we? 

Close to going over the 39 million pounds. Armstrong money help us not break it. 

Next season we will be able to spend cos we lose the first championship season spending around 9 to 10 million we spent

• Like 2

1 minute ago, chaddyrovers said:

Close to going over the 39 million pounds. Armstrong money help us not break it. 

Next season we will be able to spend cos we lose the first championship season spending around 9 to 10 million we spent

How close? We surely could have signed someone from Europe for a million or 2. Poveda and Khadra don't look to be the answers. We didn't have a winger for ages, now we have 3 who he plays centre forward 

Able next summer ,but let's see about willing! 

Do you think they will give Mowbray a new deal? I wouldn't be surprised

10 minutes ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

Do you think they will give Mowbray a new deal? I wouldn't be surprised

No idea

11 minutes ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

We surely could have signed someone from Europe for a million or 2. 

Well we didn't. We wanted Lowe from Swansea if you remember 

1 minute ago, chaddyrovers said:

No idea

Well we didn't. We wanted Lowe from Swansea if you remember 

I know we didn't and I think we agree it's inexcusable

Ya apparently we wanted him and Obafemi at another stage. It's really poor we ended up with nobody and you would imagine it'll cost us points in the long run 

1 hour ago, chaddyrovers said:

So if we hadn't sold Arma we would have been well over?

Also, I though that sale would only be taken into account on the next year's finances, not this one? (Probably wrong on that)

2 hours ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

Is it true we couldn't spend money because of ffp? Even if it is, we should have signed someone else on loan when Maja fell through. We had known for months Armstrong was leaving. Imagine the difference a goal scoring centre forward would make. To leave it to the last second and then play poor us isn't really acceptable in my view

Plus if it is true we couldn't spend cos of ffp, what was all the Obefemi stuff about? 

Total speculation, with various expenses exempt from FFP rules and questions over whether the FFP rules will be modified due to covid, it is far from being as simple as using the losses from the last 3 published sets of accounts, especially when they run up until June 2020 and Armstrong left after that anyway. Ultimately, I suppose no one could possibly be sure unless the club come out and say so.

Seems to have become a solely fan based defence of the owners, Mowbray and Waggott have repeatedly mentioned how hard the pandemic has hit India and how the journey has been paused, they have never once mentioned FFP this summer to my knowledge to defend the pitiful lack of reinvestment, something that I am sure would be offered as a reason/excuse if that was the case.

• Like 3

5 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

I have not selected Pickering from the start cos he has just come back from illness so I selected Edun. 

On Khadra, Mowbray has said he is back in training and won't make the trip. Poveda hasn't performed so far which I'm surprised cos I was expected good things from him. 

Poveda can't get a game at Leeds , now you know why .....