BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v QPR (a) - 19/10/21

edun looks a better player in the middle imo,hopefully pickering will be back so he can edun can play there,tony will go full on defensive tommorow night i think,he`ll be scared of losing another game and scared of qpr ,rothwell will most likely have a "knock" and i don`t think buckley will start,he does`nt realise though we are likely to lose anyway if we go with a defensive mindset,we generally don`t keep clean sheets, might as well have a go and let them worry about us

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

I know we didn't and I think we agree it's inexcusable

Ya apparently we wanted him and Obafemi at another stage. It's really poor we ended up with nobody and you would imagine it'll cost us points in the long run 

Well so far it hasn't cost us points cos the players have step up and delivered. It's the defence that worries me more than can't keep clean sheets and we get deeper and deeper as a defensive unit 

7 hours ago, SuperBrfc said:

QPR play 3 at the back so I expect Mowbray will try and match them up. I think it's going to be a difficult evening and a draw would be a decent result.

Chair, Austin and Dykes are a dangerous front three and I think they'll have too much for us. 2-0 QPR.

Yes, we struggle with crosses.  Our full backs don't stop them and our centre half's can't clear them.....Austin and Dykes will have a party.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, WIR Second Coming said:

A lot depends on whether the Gurning Chump goes with the team that started against Coventry or the one that finished the game.

As it could go either way, I'm going to predict we will score, but we will also concede. Ratio of one t'other I haven't a cuckoo's clue.

Which one would be preferable? Both had 3 at the back, so it is whether youd prefer Dolan and Gallagher in attack and Buckley in midfield, or Brereton and Poveda in attack and Davenport in midfield. 

I could see this as 3-2, or 2-3. 

For me, it’s all about defending. We must start playing better defensively. even with our injuries and long-term guys out, we can score at least 2 goals vs the 2nd-worst defending team in the league. They are missing some of their better players, too (Wallace, Johansson, et al.)

Edited by WacoRover

1 hour ago, WacoRover said:

I could see this as 3-2, or 2-3. 

For me, it’s all about defending. We must start playing better defensively. even with our injuries and long-term guys out, we can score at least 2 goals vs the 2nd-worst defending team in the league. They are missing some of their better players, too (Wallace, Johansson, et al.)

We were better defensively when we weren't playing 5 at the back.

Along came injuries and he changed everything, everything went to shit and typically he kept doing it even though the players came back.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, booth said:

We were better defensively when we weren't playing 5 at the back.

Along came injuries and he changed everything, everything went to shit and typically he kept doing it even though the players came back.

Truth here. 

If we play our best four at the back, I feel pretty good. the midfield still needs sorting. But, we can score with BB-D & Gally. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, LeftWinger said:

There's a central midfield that's getting over-run if I ever did see one.

Travis and Edun would be central, I just listed the players without putting them in their positions. I’m a believer in playing your strongest team and not worrying too much about matching up. Tony does too much of that for me. 

Edited by oldjamfan1
  • Like 2

43 minutes ago, oldjamfan1 said:

Travis and Edun would be central, I just listed the players without putting them in their positions. I’m a believer in playing your strongest team and not worrying too much about matching up. Tony does too much of that for me. 

Id have Travis and Rothwell as central midfield

• Like 2