BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Reading (h) - 23/10/2021

If ever there was a must win fixture this is surely it. After the frustration of throwing away a two goal half time lead again, in the last home game, for the second time this season, the frustrating theme, seemed to be the order of the day, even before the game started on Tuesday night.

Reading sit above us in the league and have won two of their last 3 away fixtures, including an impressive 2-1 victory at Fulham.

Given that I don’t want to big up the opposition, I am hoping we set off on the front foot and go at them, as I would settle for a 2-0 half time lead again, with the half time team talk being, go for a third, not sit back and protect what we have got, which seemed to be the case, with both the Luton and Coventry fixtures.

If we fail to win this one, then I think the fans will start to look over our shoulders. A win, could just settle the nerves and give a tiny bit of hope to even the staunchest of fans, who seem to be losing their faith.

Sadly I don’t see us winning it and predict another frustrating afternoon and go for a 1-1 draw.

The enigma that is Moany Toebreak will gurn submissively on the sidelines for this one, that's for sure.

It all depends which Reading side turns up - if we face the hapless rabble of two seasons ago we stand a chance (unless TM bigs them up so much that we crumble anyway). If the clinical team that started the great unravelling of our early season optimism last year rocks up, we are doomed to another footballing lesson, and a sinking feeling once again at 5pm Saturday.

Either way, it's unlikely to be pretty.

Diaz to net. Gally to flounder. Everyone else to make it up as they go along.

1-0 Rovers (Heart) 1-2 Reading (Head) 5-1 Rovers (Hell in a handcart).

Mowbray OUT! Waggot OUT! Venkys OUT! Gurning, opposition-bigging-up buffoons OUT! 

• Like 6

• DE. changed the title to Reading - 23/10/2021 (H)
  • DE. pinned this topic

My 2nd game of the season after Huddersfield away. 

I realised last night I haven't seen us win a game live and in the flesh in 3.5 years. 

Sorry boys and girls; my continued presence will ensure we come away with 1 point although we will snatch a draw in the final minutes making it feel like a win 

1-1

The ToMo spiral to continue.  ToMo tries something revolutionary to the football world, a 6ft 4in centre forward will play in the middle of the forward line rather than the usual out wide as is typical in football.  Turning the football world on it's head he moves 5ft Dolan out to one of the wide positions.  Crazy?  I know but that's our very own Professor of footy..

Edited by USABlue
  • Like 3

Anyone else secretly hoping that we go a goal or two down so we can give Mowbray some shit? I want to see him squirm and make a knob of himself getting all defensive & high & mighty!

Of course, I want Rovers to win every game, but if we can't then I'll take the option above if it hastens his exit.

• Like 4

• Herbie6590 changed the title to v Reading (h) - 23/10/2021
42 minutes ago, windymiller7 said:

Anyone else secretly hoping that we go a goal or two down so we can give Mowbray some shit? I want to see him squirm and make a knob of himself getting all defensive & high & mighty!

Of course, I want Rovers to win every game, but if we can't then I'll take the option above if it hastens his exit.

Not me. I don't think any amount of shit given to Mowbray, will bother him in the slightest. He doesn't give a shit what anyone else thinks.

46 minutes ago, windymiller7 said:

No, because it would make zero difference. He's here til the end of the season, at least.

9 minutes ago, rigger said:

Not me. I don't think any amount of shit given to Mowbray, will bother him in the slightest. He doesn't give a shit what anyone else thinks.

The thing is, we've seen from past experience that it does bother him. He can't be doing with people criticising or questioning him. Not that I genuinely think it'll actually make any difference to his position, but he certainly doesn't like it.

23 minutes ago, rigger said:

Going off previous reactions i'd massively disagree with this his ego is egg shell thin.  Fine when he's shouting from a safe distance in front of his local tame journo pals. They wouldn't call him out in person if he poured petrol in their tea instead of milk.

Very different when fans or someone else has rattled his cage. He's always struck me as a stubborn but insecure manager it's written all over his team selections, tactics, recuitment and retaining players down the years.

• Like 6