BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Reading (h) - 23/10/2021

7 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Premier League football 

Neither Bournemouth nor Brentford can guarantee premier league football. Rangers on the other hand can guarantee playing in front of 50k passionate fans every other week and European football. 

Edited by oldjamfan1
  • Like 3

2 minutes ago, Wood26 said:

Last bit on Rothwell, but maybe he has Dack coming back in his mind and feels he will be out the team again.

Imo Rothwell is hands down our best player - the best player I’ve seen at Ewood for quite a while. We will seriously miss him when he’s gone. 

• Like 3

27 minutes ago, oldjamfan1 said:

Why on earth would anyone choose either of those two above Rangers? 

Personally I'd ask why on earth anyone would choose Rangers over a Premiership team (unless looking likely to go down). Absolute pauper's league next to the Prem, I'd never opt for a handful of European games and the SPL over no European football and the Prem. That's before we consider the wages.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, TruRover said:

Imo Rothwell is hands down our best player - the best player I’ve seen at Ewood for quite a while. We will seriously miss him when he’s gone. 

At his scintillating best, he fits that description. On average, nope, not even our best player this season. He's starting to threaten to get there though. Typical that it would happen now we might get nothing for him.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, bluebruce said:

Personally I'd ask why on earth anyone would choose Rangers over a Premiership team (unless looking likely to go down). Absolute pauper's league next to the Prem, I'd never opt for a handful of European games and the SPL over no European football and the Prem. That's before we consider the wages.

Bournemouth and Brentford were the two teams in question to be fair - it wasn’t a “why would you choose Rangers over the premier league” question. Despite the fact that Brentford are having a good start to their premier league campaign neither they or Bournemouth should be more attractive to a footballer than a huge club like Rangers. Aston Villa or some such club then fair enough. 

Edited by oldjamfan1

3 minutes ago, TruRover said:

Anytime I take a non Rovers fan with me to a game, he’s the one they point out as a step above the rest.

• Like 4

19 minutes ago, TruRover said:

Except he can't defend. There's a reason we get overrun in midfield.

I think he's a wonderful player, but he's nowhere near a complete one. 

• Like 5

2 hours ago, Waggy76 said:

Exactly what I said about Van Hecke , only difference being Hendry would have scored in front of the Blackburn End ... Remember the goal v Palace to win 5-4 or 4-3 in the last minute ? 

He used to charge up like that quite a bit after he'd been switched to defense if i remember right.  Not sure if he scored many like that but the Palace one was memorable i think we were 1-3 down at one point.

It was a great effort from the lad today though not often you see that happen now.

1 hour ago, The Mighty Chaffinch said:

I thought Dolan had one of his best games for us today…great skills, tracking back, getting blocks in, unlucky not to score twice…yes he made the wrong decision on a few occasions but he’s still a teenager and I’m seeing progress from him on a near weekly basis. 

Didn't see the game today, see they are now doing full game replays so will watch it back. 

But Dolan for me is going to have a very good career. Reminds me of King - someone who has his faults but can score and create so will kick on. A player who can do that well while still so young is very rare.

Edited by joey_big_nose
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, Gav said:

This site has around 30 people posting regularly Waco, it represents less than 0.1% of the Rovers fan base.

I can assure you that the vast majority of Rovers fans are enjoying the win tonight, against an opposition that have spent way beyond our means, its a very good win, an impressive win. 

Onwards and upwards.

7% of all the current ST sales currently visiting and reading. 4% currently posting.

Not that it matters, but I bloody hate bad stats. 

3F099954-6F9C-4293-A383-206F47C0A829.jpeg

B6FB74C6-DC5E-4B0E-B63C-7879B0314747.jpeg

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, Sparks Rover said:

It's not waggots money either🤷‍♂️.  Without doubt Mogga gets involved in talking money and salary with prospective new players.

Yeah I said he does. Mowbray is bottom of the food chain. He can say offer Rothwell 20k a week, Waggott can then say no. If Waggott says yes, Venkys can say no. Venkys can say yes, then Rothwell can say no.

You can’t seriously think Mowbray doesnt want to keep his best players. Do you think Mowbray wants loans every year? Of course not. He would rather sign the top players.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, WacoRover said:

Absolutely. Hes not going anywhere until seasons end, that’s when his contract runs out. 

Todays game day thread would’ve been one page, if not for the obvious, “Mowbray out”, “sack mowbray” comments. Why our fans cannot enjoy a win over a quality opponent for about 5 minutes, is beyond me. 

I agree. I does my swede in! I'm far from happy with most things at Rovers but it dilutes any sound argument by turning everything into negative. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, joey_big_nose said:

Didn't see the game today, see they are now doing full game replays so will watch it back. 

But Dolan for me is going to have a very good career. Reminds me of King - someone who has his faults but can score and create so will kick on. A player who can do that well while still so young is very rare.

oooh. where are the full replays?

13 minutes ago, J*B said:

7% of all the current ST sales. Not that it matters, but I bloody hate bad stats. 

3F099954-6F9C-4293-A383-206F47C0A829.jpeg

We have thousands of fans that don’t currently have season tickets….

This site in no way represent the Rovers fan base at large, it doesn’t even come close.

Edited by Gav

4 minutes ago, Gav said:

This site in no way represent the Rovers fan base at large.

Spot on and a point I’ve made before. If you read the comment here during the match, it’s the same negative people playing down our wins.

Meanwhile, the rest go to the games and appreciate the effort more, have more of a connection to the players, and can celebrate the wins.

You can see comment on this thread today slating Gallagher and Dolan mid game.

I respect all opinions and no fan is better then another, but I know which type of fan I would rather be. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Gav said:

This site in no way represent the Rovers fan base at large.

Depends where you draw the line I guess. Rovers have 270K Twitter followers, are they all fans? I’m not sure. I’m actually interested to work out what the ‘official’ number would be. If we have 6500 ST sales, I wonder what the conversion is for a fan to get a ST? I think I would say there’s less than 25K ‘active’ Rovers fans left. A lot would probably argue more, but attendances / shirt sales / social media interaction is really low nowadays. To be converting 25% of those 25K ‘fans’ into STs isn’t great. 

2 minutes ago, J*B said:

Depends where you draw the line I guess. Rovers have 270K Twitter followers, are they all fans? I’m not sure. I’m actually interested to work out what the ‘official’ number would be. If we have 6500 ST sales, I wonder what the conversion is for a fan to get a ST? I think I would say there’s less than 25K ‘active’ Rovers fans left. A lot would probably argue more, but attendances / shirt sales / social media interaction is really low nowadays. To be converting 25% of those 25K ‘fans’ into STs isn’t great. 

You do a great job running this website J*B - I’m not picking a fight, appreciate all your efforts and the backroom team 👍

6 minutes ago, Exiled in Toronto said:

Didn’t there used to be a much higher ratio of visitors to posters? 

Depends which week you look at. Posters are up this season and bans are way down on previous years. Can’t work that out. Visitors where blowing my mind for a long time… then I realised there’s a tonne of Chilean fans viewing whenever Brereton has a good game and that’s skewing the numbers. 

7 minutes ago, Gav said:

You do a great job running this website J*B - I’m not picking a fight, appreciate all your efforts and the backroom team 👍

I know you’re not mate, it’s just led me to an interesting thought process. How many Rovers “fans” would you say there are left? I honestly think sub 25K nowadays.