BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Reading (h) - 23/10/2021

18 minutes ago, nathan_rovers1 said:

What backing? 

Look at all the players he has been allowed to bring in up until this summer only one first team player was sold for over a million quid in his reign in Raya.

7 million brerererton, 5 million Gallagher.Ayala ,Holtby ,Johnson ,Downing, Rodwell will have all been costly 

Look at our wage bill and compare it to other clubs with similar income

Edited by islander200
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, dingles staying down 4ever said:

I know the chances of resigning players is thin but lets remember many people on here was telling us that we'd have the departure of our better players in the summer. That didn't happen and we only lost Armstrong.

Granted the depth of the squad is thin and Mowbray is a poor manager. I'd be amazed if we got near the playoffs but should we get up there by the end of the season Id imagine crowds will recover to around the twenty thousand mark. Question for those boycotting is will they boycot a trip to Wembley?

I think 20,000 is optimistic, except for a home Play Off semi final.

I will be amazed if we ever find that out, let alone get to Wembley.

1 minute ago, islander200 said:

Look at all the players he has been allowed to bring in up until this summer only one first team player was sold for over a million quid in his reign in Raya.

7 million brerererton, 5 million Gallagher.Ayala ,Holtby ,Johnson ,Downing, Rodwell will have all been costly

It's unbelievable. I think some people assume players play for nothing.

How much do people think Mulgrew and Evans were on?

How much do people think Gallagher and Ayala are on?

• Like 2

Good result yesterday and performance. Our first 11 is decent and especially when played in their best formation.

Van Hecke looks a good signing and has impressed me with his performances.

Special mention for Gallagher too who was MoM and barely put a foot wrong all game.

Losing Nyambe again though is costly and not having a backup RB on the books is crazy!

1 hour ago, Gav said:

Mowbray has just pulled in almost £20m for Adam Armstrong, I'm sure Venkys trust him alright. It looks like both Gallagher and Ben Diaz will prove to be hits, scoring for fun this season, he's probably got 2 more cash cows that will be cashed in upon for decent money at some stage. 

As for the contracts, its the owners that are refusing to fund new deals, Mowbray is on record stating he wants to keep the players, at any other club he'd be doing just that, but sadly its been just one of many 'blind spots' throughout Venkys time here, letting contracts run down, L

Have all our former managers under Venkys 'made conscious decisions' to let contracts run down?

How can you blame the owners for not funding new contracts when you can say with any guarantees what the players is demanding wages/salary wise and the agents demands?

27 minutes ago, nathan_rovers1 said:

What backing? 

The financial backing he has had over the 3 seasons in terms of wages, transfer fees, loan fees. 

He should have got us top 6 at least once in those 3 seasons. Agree? 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, roverblue said:

Losing Nyambe again though is costly and not having a backup RB on the books is crazy!

Speaking of which. Anybody know when JRC is due to be back. I know he suffered a set back. 

Personally I'm not a fan of him playing right back. And also wary of rushing him back. But when it's between him, a slow centre back or Buckley playing there it's an easy choice to make

• Moderation Lead

It’s a bit tiresome reading posts saying it’s quiet on here after we win. Just as it’s tiresome to see the same people accused of going missing when we lose.

It stands to reason that people would be more likely to complain about something bad, imagine it is a restaurant review.

In general, people would be more likely to complain if something was poor, something being good would be expected.

In terms of things being more negative on here, I’d say that it’s because, posters in general, have longer memories in terms of the owners and the less frequent flyers, just want to talk football. 

All of this is fine, but there just needs to be more tolerance of people’s views. Coming online and slagging lots of people off sporadically, simply isn’t helpful and only helps to sow the seeds of division.

In short, be sound and just accept that everyone has a different view, however much you may disagree with it.

• Like 3

44 minutes ago, nathan_rovers1 said:

What backing? 

Spot on.

Now that Diaz and Gallagher are starting to fire, players wages are the new stick to beat Mowbray with....😃

Dack (when fit), Gallagher, Diaz, Armstrong and Kaminsky are looking like being good bits of business, on todays market probably worth £50m+ would you say? 

1 point off the playoffs and assets like these, no wonder he's being kept around.

Edited by Gav
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, K-Hod said:

It’s a bit tiresome reading posts saying it’s quiet on here after we win. Just as it’s tiresome to see the same people accused of going missing when we lose.

It stands to reason that people would be more likely to complain about something bad, imagine it is a restaurant review.

In general, people would be more likely to complain if something was poor, something being good would be expected.

In terms of things being more negative on here, I’d say that it’s because, posters in general, have longer memories in terms of the owners and the less frequent flyers, just want to talk football. 

All of this is fine, but there just needs to be more tolerance of people’s views. Coming online and slagging lots of people off sporadically, simply isn’t helpful and only helps to sow the seeds of division.

In short, be sound and just accept that everyone has a different view, however much you may disagree with it.

Have to say that whilst I may disagree with the views of those who come on and make out that everything is OK after a win they are perfectly entitled to have that point of view.

I think in general the  mods are far too quick to to complain about or remove posts they don't like in recent times.

5 minutes ago, Gav said:

Spot on.

Now that Diaz and Gallagher are starting to fire, players wages are the new stick to beat Mowbray with....😃

Dack (when fit), Gallagher, Diaz, Armstrong and Kaminsky are looking like being good bits of business, on todays market probably worth £50m+ would you say? 

1 point off the playoffs and assets like these, no wonder he's being kept around.

How is it spot on Gav?

Being given 12 million to bring in Gallagher and Brererton isnt backing?

Its absolute nonsense that Mowbray hasnt been backed.Do the math, it will tell you the opinion he hasnt been backed is complete nonsense.

Our wagebill was running at 180% to turnover who was covering the wages that our income couldnt?

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Gav said:

Spot on.

Funny how when Brereton wasn't doing so well he was apparently a player foisted on an unwilling manager by the owners............

And we netted around £10m for Armstrong so if the others walk for nothing £50m is a bit optimistic to say the least!

Gallagher good business?

Reel 'em in Gav!

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, nathan_rovers1 said:

I would not exactly call 10/12 million quid of signings three/ four years ago a backing, would you? 

And all the other signings?The fact prior to armstrong leaving he had sold one first team player that got a fee of above a million?

Who pays our big wagebill as our income doesnt cover it?

11 players were added to our wagebill last summer 

Edited by islander200

34 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

By the end of the season roughly £100 m of the owners money on top of whatever income the Club has generated off it's own batt!

Well, the owners won't get any money from the club as there is no surplus of cash or profit. The loss of cash each has nothing to do with Mowbray and has been a problem long before Venky's. The fact is, revenue is down substantially because we are not in the Prem anymore and the Championship is a massive bubble waiting to burst with very few clubs even turning a profit. 

12 hours ago, bluebruce said:

It basically was that question though. The future may change, and no decision will be made until at least January, but as things stand Bournemouth look odds on to go back up and Brentford are comfortably midtable. So if it's the same picture by then, it's Premiership vs Rangers and I think that's a no brainer. Although even in January and several points clear, Bournemouth would be a gamble. Brentford could put themselves clear enough to be more or less safe by then though, but if they sink a bit then that's a gamble too.

Sorry but no argument on earth is going to make me see Rangers as a 'huge' club for as long as they stay stuck in that league. Big yes but not huge. I don't care if they get gates of a million each game. It's a league of third rate football sprinkled with a few European games for the big boys. In terms of ambition, I don't think going there shows more than going to the Prem. And again it's likely to pay less, which dictates 90% of transfers.

We’ll probably just need to agree to disagree but by any measurement other than TV money Rangers is a huge club, and I say that as a bloke who’s sons are season ticket holders at Celtic Park. I’m not sure what the distinction between ‘huge’ and ‘big’ is anyway?

And just to reiterate my response was very specifically to Chaddy and the two clubs he mentioned and not a general premier league v Scottish premiership debate. Money aside if I were a professional footballer would I rather play at Ibrox in front of 50k passionate fans or an 11k capacity Dean Court? 

Edited by oldjamfan1
  • Like 1

41 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

It's unbelievable. I think some people assume players play for nothing.

How much do people think Mulgrew and Evans were on?

How much do people think Gallagher and Ayala are on?

Exactly just the transfer fees are brought into it.

We have a wage bill that far exceeds our income the owners have to cover that.

Ayala would have been a costly deal and he hardly kicked a ball for 12 months 

4 minutes ago, nathan_rovers1 said:

Pretty sure someone posted something on here where we were 14th for net spend without the sale of Armstrong, so I would say no. 

You think all the free transfers he made cost nothing?The loans etc.

Ayala came here within our wage structure without a significant signing on fee?Similar with Holtby etc

8 minutes ago, islander200 said:

And all the other signings?The fact prior to armstrong leaving he had sold one first team player that got a fee of above a million?

Who pays our big wagebill as our income doesnt cover it?

11 players were added to our wagebill last summer 

I am not saying that wages are not part of the backing but when you look at the stats our wage bill is 11th to 14th  in the champ over the last few years. Please correct me if I am wrong! 

The club of course pays the wage bill and then we are losing 20 mil a year (give or take a few quid), which is then covered by the owners.

4 minutes ago, nathan_rovers1 said:

Pretty sure someone posted something on here where we were 14th for net spend without the sale of Armstrong, so I would say no. 

I thought someone posted a table on here without Venky's input which tended to suggest that once their £20 m p.a. contribution was taken into account we were actually about 4th in terms of overall finance.

Happy to be proved wrong if that's incorrect.