BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Reading (h) - 23/10/2021

• Backroom
4 minutes ago, bluebruce said:

Nevermind JacknOry, now I see where you heard it.

Gav, where do you get nearly 20 million from? 15 is the most I've heard.

It was going to be £21m 'conditional on the entirely separate opposite deal for Obefami', wasn't it?

IE: £6m thrown down the pan.

10 minutes ago, bluebruce said:

Nevermind JacknOry, now I see where you heard it.

Gav, where do you get nearly 20 million from? 15 is the most I've heard.

I read it on here bluebruce during the transfer saga/thread, but nobody really knows. 

3 hours ago, S8 & Blue said:

If we’re purely talking about fees/value, Mowbray’s net spend is minuscule now (if not in the negative) and he’s signed a good few assets for peanuts.

Sounds right to me, look, we haven’t been completely potless but to make out he’s had something way above other managers is a bit silly.

I believe other clubs are paying their players wages too. We aren’t unique in that or big spenders AT ALL.

Criticise the man for often being tactically shit or whatever, but his signings in general have been very, very good for our level/budget.

I would agree he has made some very good signings but he has also wasted a lot of money aswell.

And like i keep saying up until Armstrong was sold his net spend wasnt miniscule, far from it.

Other clubs do spend on wages but maybe if Mowbray wasnt so quick to dish out new deals for the "men" in the dressing room upon promotion Bennett ,Mulgrew,Smallwood etc perhaps Nyambe would be tied down now.

If he didnt have to choose to change our tactics,formation and personal on a weekly basis maybe we wouldnt have to have such a big squad and have to fill our loan allocation every season.

Only Raya was sold for a fee above 1 million before Armstrong departed.How many players in that time were brought in?

Brererton and Gallagher its looking likely we will make profit on Brererton at least but again were we in the situation as a club to pay out big fees like that and then wait 2 years before seeing anything from them?

And other clubs have spent more but they have brought money in.We had brought 3 milllion in for Raya, 500k for Nuttall and a few nominal fees up until Armstrong was sold and Raya got promoted which gave us an extra 2 million.

Im talking pre armstrong sale but he had plenty of money made available to him.

• Like 4

Just watched the game back, thought we were really good tbh. We could have scored four or five, Reading only created a single decent chance which Puskas should have scored.

Considering we had a few injuries a good result.

Dolans going to be one of the best players in the Championship in the next year or two. Once he sorts his decision making out he's going to be very hard to stop. Absolutely rinsed their backline. What is so admirable about him is, despite obviously being the most technically talented player we have, he is also the biggest grafter. He's just relentless. 

Also thought Edun and Van Hecke did well. Gallagher had a very good game also.

We do have a pretty good team. Wharton and JRC nearly back. It's the hope that kills you right?

Edited by joey_big_nose
  • Like 2

6 hours ago, Darrenbot said:

Money is the main motivator for players these days,they have a 15/20 year career to set themselves up for life.If i was a professional player i wouldn't give a toss how big the stadiums are i'll be playing in or if my teammates are good players i would be saying who is going to pay me the most money so i can retire at 38 and not have to work again for the rest of my life.As much as you would like to think the players really love Rovers when they play for us the major majority are only in it for the most money they can get out of it.

Bet Danny Drinkwater wishes now he'd stuck with Leicester.

12 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

Edun is left footed. 

If Nyambe is out then I would play Carter there

It is easier for a full-back to swap left to right, than a center-half to play full-back. Anyway Mowbray has always got Gally to cover right-back.  

Edited by rigger
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, rigger said:

It is easier for a full-back to swap left to right, than a center-half to play full-back. Anyway Mowbray has always got Gally to cover right-back.  

Carter has played right back before. 

Edun and Pickering aren't right back just like Nyambe isn't a left back either

13 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Carter has played right back before. 

Edun and Pickering aren't right back just like Nyambe isn't a left back either

I think it is more of a case that Carter has covered at full-back, not that he is a full-back. Edun, Pickering and Nyambe are full-backs. 

1 minute ago, rigger said:

I think it is more of a case that Carter has covered at full-back, not that he is a full-back. Edun, Pickering and Nyambe are full-backs. 

Carter can play right back. 

Nyambe is a right back not a left back. Pickering is left back but not a right back. Simple as

32 minutes ago, Wheelton Blue said:

Wasn't Paulo Maldini a right footed left back?

He was centre back/left back actually but we are talking about a legend of the game. 

Ideally you want a natural balance to a back 4 and that include a left foot at left back and right foot at right back

6 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

He was centre back/left back actually but we are talking about a legend of the game. 

Ideally you want a natural balance to a back 4 and that include a left foot at left back and right foot at right back

In an ideal world they should be able to play either position. When I first started watching we had 4 first team full backs. Keith Newton, Ken Taylor, Dave Whelan, John Bray. Only Taylor was limited to playing right back. The other 3 played on either flank from time to time. Newton played right back and left back for England and I couldn’t tell you which position he favoured of the two. He was a natural in either position.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

In an ideal world they should be able to play either position. When I first started watching we had 4 first team full backs. Keith Newton, Ken Taylor, Dave Whelan, John Bray. Only Taylor was limited to playing right back. The other 3 played on either flank from time to time. Newton played right back and left back for England and I couldn’t tell you which position he favoured of the two. He was a natural in either position.

All comes back to what you want. I would natural in each full back position and not players who can fill in.