BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Reading (h) - 23/10/2021

3 minutes ago, yankfan said:

Was just thinking, I’ve never seen such mediocrity.  We really have enough to be too 6…because no other side is that good either. 

Too true.

A half decent manager would make us genuine contenders.

What's happening with Rothwell is criminal.  Liked him from day one but feel Mogadon has held him back.  If he goes to Rangers, he will rip up the SPL. 

• Like 4

1 minute ago, simongarnerisgod said:

bang on, fulham,west brom and bournemouth miles ahead of the division,the rest of us are all equal,play offs are there to be taken,only thing holding us back is the bloody manager

If only we were looking at bringing in reinforcements in January instead of shipping off 40% of our starting 11

Apart from a few sparks, poor game overall. That first half had the urgency of a sloth. The set up was all wrong, motivation was zero.

Reading had nothing.

Mowbray forced into making changes.

Poveda still very poor.

Rothwell's run got us into the game, hitting the post and allowing Gallagher to tap in.

Amazing goal from Dolan.

Van Hecke should have scored after a brilliant run.

3 points - Mowbray still needs to go. The team only seems to get results when he can't do what he wants.

I hope this gives the team the spark to go and defeat bottom of the barrel Derby next week.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Mercer said:

Too true.

A half decent manager would make us genuine contenders.

What's happening with Rothwell is criminal.  Liked him from day one but feel Mogadon has held him back.  If he goes to Rangers, he will rip up the SPL. 

Until this year never given a fair run in the middle.  Asked to play out wide and inconsistent opportunities. No wonder he isn’t interested in reupping.  Might have decided to move on last year and using this to highlight to others his abilities 

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, yankfan said:

If only we were looking at bringing in reinforcements in January instead of shipping off 40% of our starting 11

surely with the table so tight and reaching the play offs quite possible maggot should be calling venkys and stating the case for more funds,thats the idea of the game innit,trying to get to the top league,i don`t hold any hope though,we do the opposite of other clubs

6 minutes ago, Bbrovers2288 said:

I’d rather rothwell signed on but I’m not absolutely gutted if he left, can unlock defences and create at times but can also go missing and look shockingly average for games. Before he done well for the first he was misplacing passes all over the place 

Ideally we need to keep all of the soon to be out of contract players and bin off the Coventrio Lowe and Benson.

That's the only hope we have of seeing any success.

Edited by RevidgeBlue
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, perthblue02 said:

Just seen that PNE showed their game live at Deepdale, didn't realise you could do beam backs for run of the mill league games.

Not a good day for them 2-0 defeat and their captain sent off in the 97th minute 🙂

Critchley doing extremely well at Blackpool on a relative shoestring. A few on here have been touting him as a suitable replacement for Mowbray for a while.

• Like 7

5 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

I’m never disappointed when Rovers win. He wouldn’t have gone even if we’d have lost.

Absolutely. Hes not going anywhere until seasons end, that’s when his contract runs out. 

Todays game day thread would’ve been one page, if not for the obvious, “Mowbray out”, “sack mowbray” comments. Why our fans cannot enjoy a win over a quality opponent for about 5 minutes, is beyond me. 

• Like 2