BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Derby (a) - 30/10/2021

I thought I would start a match day thread for tomorrow game, any going to the game? Sadly I'm not due work commitments but good journey to anyone going. 

What would people starting 11 be? 

Kaminski 

Carter Lenihan Van Hecke Edun

Buckley Travis Rothwell 

Gallagher   Brereton   Dolan

I wouldn't play any Nyambe, Ayala and Pickering as we got 3 games this week. 

Deceptively tricky game - they've been going very well for a club in crisis and the mood will be lifted with the positive signs on their takeover. Seems like they've been tricky to score against with Davies and Jagielka at the back, but in Dolan, Rothwell, Brereton and to an extent Gallagher, we've got the players who can cause problems for aging legs. 

Strikes me as a little strange that Nyambe is rated as touch and go for this one. All the talk last week that it was either 1) cramp or 2) a hamstring strain, which unless it was a very mild one would have kept him out of this one. Hopefully it's just Tony keeping his cards close to his chest. 

1 hour ago, chaddyrovers said:

I thought I would start a match day thread for tomorrow game, any going to the game? Sadly I'm not due work commitments but good journey to anyone going. 

What would people starting 11 be? 

Kaminski 

Carter Lenihan Van Hecke Edun

Buckley Travis Rothwell 

Gallagher   Brereton   Dolan

I wouldn't play any Nyambe, Ayala and Pickering as we got 3 games this week. 

Does anyone care

• Like 1

Gonna be a difficult game with a patched up defence. Carter himself has an injury so that right back slot where I would be nervous with him playing there anyway. Mowbray suggested that he might have to play Rankin Costello there although he wont be able to do 90 minutes which is not ideal in itself.

Van Hecke doesn't convince me either yet, has a mistake in him and holds onto attackers too much, penalty in the making.

• DE. changed the title to Derby (A) - 30/10/2021

Derby only picked up 3 points less than us this season so two evenly matches sides based on results so far.

The fact that is the case despite rookie Rooney having to deal with administration, points deduction, takeover uncertainty, and all sorts of issues tells me what a poor job has been done at this club with stability, continuity and substantial investment.

The job that Rooney seems to be doing seems to have improved this season, almost as if he is using a seige mentality as a real positive to drive the team to results. Last season when things weren't as bad, he wasn't overly impressing. Fair play to him this season for really having Derby organised although a further points deduction would surely be fatal.

I wouldn't be surprised to see him earn a managerial job in a much better comparative position only to not impress half as much when that "us against them" against all odds narrative is removed but it will be interesting to see. 

1 hour ago, roversfan99 said:

The job that Rooney seems to be doing seems to have improved this season, almost as if he is using a seige mentality as a real positive to drive the team to results. Last season when things weren't as bad, he wasn't overly impressing. Fair play to him this season for really having Derby organised although a further points deduction would surely be fatal.

I wouldn't be surprised to see him earn a managerial job in a much better comparative position only to not impress half as much when that "us against them" against all odds narrative is removed but it will be interesting to see. 

Would you have him here?

Is this pay on the day and how much, anyone know ?

One of those games this we'll either show up and have a go or they'll be under instruction to sit back, stop the opposition, pass sideways and create nothing.

Probably the latter seeing as he was so pleased with the last away showing that yielded nowt. Just have a ###### go man.

Derby  1    Rovers  2

3 hours ago, roversfan99 said:

Gonna be a difficult game with a patched up defence. Carter himself has an injury so that right back slot where I would be nervous with him playing there anyway. Mowbray suggested that he might have to play Rankin Costello there although he wont be able to do 90 minutes which is not ideal in itself.

Van Hecke doesn't convince me either yet, has a mistake in him and holds onto attackers too much, penalty in the making.

I think Hayden Carter will make the game and I would start him there. Playing Joe Rankin-Costello after his injury problems would be a huge risk and not one I would do. Place on the bench for me

3 hours ago, roverandout said:

Does anyone care?

why wouldn't Rovers supporters care about a game and attending games?

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

Missed your chance. Went off sale at 3pm and no pay on the day.

Ah ffs i don't get what's going on with this shenanigans at some clubs these days. Don't think i've ever bought in advance for Derby before and there'll be plenty room.

Seems some clubs don't want a few extra travelers for some reason. Football is administrated by utter clowns.

• Like 6

56 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

I think Hayden Carter will make the game and I would start him there. Playing Joe Rankin-Costello after his injury problems would be a huge risk and not one I would do. Place on the bench for me

why wouldn't Rovers supporters care about a game and attending games?

I hope that Nyambe has been able to train today and can slot back in. He is our only proper, competent right back really, the other 2 are not right backs even at full fitness and when they play there, it shows.

11 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

I hope that Nyambe has been able to train today and can slot back in. He is our only proper, competent right back really, the other 2 are not right backs even at full fitness and when they play there, it shows.

Is Nyambe worth the risk when we got 2 more games this coming week? I don't think it is. 

I've never liked Derby since a horrible trip to the Baseball Ground in the 70s for an FA Cup tie, which Rovers lost on a sea of mud pitch with our fans crammed into a stupidly small space which meant any small folk like me saw shag all of the game.

Shrek? Meh as a manager, but a very talented player in his day.

Going on what Mick McCarthy said to me earlier this week, I'm expecting a no-show from our gallant troupers, and a shit-load more howlers from the gaffer's gob.

Derby 2, Rovers 1 (HT 0-1)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, roversfan99 said:

And I witnessed Carter and costello at very close quarters on Monday......😢 shocking the both of them.  Carter literally playing hoof ball badly and the other one doesn't look like he's the right shape.....

• Like 2

1 hour ago, chaddyrovers said:

Is Nyambe worth the risk when we got 2 more games this coming week? I don't think it is. 

You field your best side to win the first game. Worry about the others as they come along.

Edited by rigger
  • Like 5

Derby unbeaten at home this season, our away form of late is garbage. It's difficult to see a win here I'm afraid. I think a draw is the best we can hope for and even that's dependent on the team we can field given the apparent defensive injuries again. Hopefully Wharton gets up to speed fairly quickly with a few more games for the u23s, I think we'll be needing him.

• Like 2