BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Derby (a) - 30/10/2021

28 minutes ago, Mercer said:

Any win is a good win!

Seems like we did our best though to surrender another 2 goal lead.

Big, big test on Wednesday.  

Think Santa's sack will soon start to fill up!

Not really tried our best to surrender at all. 

Derby never cut us open second half as such. 

Yes another game on Wednesday and then Saturday

Lets hope your financial sack starts filling up otherwise Santa's sack will be empty on Christmas day

45 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

Be good if he came back in reasonable form and we could jettison the useless Gallagher out of the side once and for all.

Can we not lay of Gallagher he put in a shift yesterday and ran himself into the ground which was a major reason we went in two ahead. One of the three up top who set the tone.

• Like 7

1 hour ago, RevidgeBlue said:

Be good if he came back in reasonable form and we could jettison the useless Gallagher out of the side once and for all.

I don't see a swap there to be honest. Gallagher contributes a fair bit that Dack just physically wouldnt be able to. He frustrating is Gallagher, but I think people don't give him credit for some of the good he does 

• Like 3

On 31/10/2021 at 00:09, roversfan99 said:

No praise for the way we played in the first half? And how many decent chances were created prior to their goal by them?

I very much doubt that Mowbray said "to stop attacking." Mowbray regularly talks about how we need to be better especially on the counter attack when leading and was saying how we wasnt good at that in the second half today. Teams winning on a lead will naturally be pushed back.

A better team would have taken us to the cleaners, if my aunty had bollocks etc. When we have thrown away leads as we have this season, I have been the first to criticise, moan and get angry but today was not such an occasion.

Your analogy is inaccurate, today it would be 2 goals and 1 own goal in which case an individual player would still be praised.

It's only inaccurate if it hasn't happened already, and it has more than once.

Playing bottom club so yes as better team would have taken advantage as they already have. And of course he told them to park the bus, are you really that naive? It was as clear as day that we had 9 players very deep for almost the entire half. There's no way that all of those players decided to all at once alter their play, what are they psychic?

On 31/10/2021 at 00:56, Wood26 said:

We was 2-0 up at half time and should of been far more. Second half from what i recall, nothing happened until about the 80th minute when they had a free kick Kaminski saved. I don’t remember a chance before that?

Then they went gung-ho last 10, scored in 89th, and almost got an equaliser after that in stoppage time.

That’s just football. When Liverpool was 4-0 up at half time against United but only scored 1 in second half I don’t think that is because Klopp said “stop attacking”.

Had we been playing Manchester United and not bottom of the barrel Derby I'd have wholeheartedly agreed with Mowbray parking the bus.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Wegerleswiggle said:

Remind me. What did Gallagher do wrong on Saturday?

I am not necessarily saying to drop him, but he missed a couple of really good chances and again lost the ball a number of times with his inability to control the ball and bring others into play, to answer your question.

40 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

I am not necessarily saying to drop him, but he missed a couple of really good chances and again lost the ball a number of times with his inability to control the ball and bring others into play, to answer your question.

what his pressing the play, closing down, his work rate?

27 minutes ago, tonyoz said:

Don’t shoot the messenger but whoscored.com has Gallagher rated as the 6th best player in the Championship!!!

Whilst that is clearly a step too far, there's no escaping the fact that Gally's stats have been great this year, especially when you factor in that he's missed a reasonable amount of game time through injuries. I thought too that whoscored might not take things like chances missed into consideration, but to be fair it seems as though he's been very clinical this year (Derby aside!) with a goal for every 2.1 shots. To put in perspective, that's a lot better than Mitrovic & Brereton.

Don't get me wrong, we're still very much in 'not value for money' territory when you factor in previous seasons, but at the same time he's showing that he can be a real asset in this league if he plays in the right system. He definitely doesn't warrant being put in the same bracket of the Grabbis/Davies/Peacocks of this world who delivered absolutely nothing for their big fees. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Admiral Nelsen said:

Whilst that is clearly a step too far, there's no escaping the fact that Gally's stats have been great this year, especially when you factor in that he's missed a reasonable amount of game time through injuries. I thought too that whoscored might not take things like chances missed into consideration, but to be fair it seems as though he's been very clinical this year (Derby aside!) with a goal for every 2.1 shots. To put in perspective, that's a lot better than Mitrovic & Brereton.

Don't get me wrong, we're still very much in 'not value for money' territory when you factor in previous seasons, but at the same time he's showing that he can be a real asset in this league if he plays in the right system. He definitely doesn't warrant being put in the same bracket of the Grabbis/Davies/Peacocks of this world who delivered absolutely nothing for their big fees. 

That goal/ shots stat is only usefull if you know how many shots per game he is having.