BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Derby (a) - 30/10/2021

6 minutes ago, Gordon Gekko said:

This chat about the 3 games in 7/8 days is making me chuckle, keep it up!

It's not rocket science.

If football had no close season and Rovers played every Wednesday and Saturday they would play 104 games in a year which is TWO PER WEEK.

I think too many blinded by Mowbray's bullsh1t.

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, bluebruce said:

One where we debated on the merits of the discussion and not via ad hominem. Try again.

You're calculating the morning of the first day before the first game, and the evening after the second game, that's why you're getting this wrong.

No I'm not, I'm counting it from the time today's game kicks off.

If the week starts at 3pm today, then it finishes at 2:59:59 pm next Saturday.

Don't fancy us at all this afternoon.

Derby on decent run of form and think Rooney has done well under very difficult circumstances.

Buckley at right back - think the lad will wonder wtf is going on this afternoon.  Mentally and physically in for a very hard time.

Derby at almost 2/1 is a licence to print Christmas money - fill yer boots in readiness for Santa.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Wheelton Blue said:

No I'm not, I'm counting it from the time today's game kicks off.

If the week starts at 3pm today, then it finishes at 2:59:59 pm next Saturday.

This is painful. Think what you want, but we will have finished playing three games of football in the space of 170 hours, which is 7 days plus 2 hours. Or 7 days plus 3 hours once you add in the clock going back (which I'm doing by popular request 😉 ). Beyond that, use whatever batshit semantics to call it whatever you want to try to make it sound longer if you like, I'm not going to continue on this inane path.

• Like 1

I expect today to go badly. Buckley at RB gives me kittens, we are away to a team that hasn't lost at home yet, and we've only won once away. Our manager is a tool, and not a useful one.

Best I can see today is a draw, if our attackers turn up.

1 minute ago, bluebruce said:

This is painful. Think what you want, but we will have finished playing three games of football in the space of 170 hours, which is 7 days plus 2 hours. Or 7 days plus 3 hours once you add in the clock going back (which I'm doing by popular request 😉 ). Beyond that, use whatever batshit semantics to call it whatever you want to try to make it sound longer if you like, I'm not going to continue on this inane path.

Hilarious more like.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, joey_big_nose said:

Defence looking very very makeshift. Derby will fancy us on out wide and at set pieces.

Would have thought Van Hecke RB and Carter central would be more solid?

Why not play Carter at right back like Nottingham Forest away? 

12 minutes ago, Mercer said:

Don't fancy us at all this afternoon.

Derby on decent run of form and think Rooney has done well under very difficult circumstances.

Buckley at right back - think the lad will wonder wtf is going on this afternoon.  Mentally and physically in for a very hard time.

Derby at almost 2/1 is a licence to print Christmas money - fill yer boots in readiness for Santa.

I fancy us. Fancy 2 nil win with Brereton scoring 1st. 

2/1 is a licence to print Christmas money? 🤣🤣🤣

• Like 1

Just now, chaddyrovers said:

Why not play Carter at right back like Nottingham Forest away? 

I fancy us. Fancy 2 nil win with Brereton scoring 1st. 

2/1 is a licence to print Christmas money? 🤣🤣🤣

I would love it, to beat fightin Rooneyites by any score, 2-0 would be bliss. 
With our back 4, however, I’m afraid they will find the back of the net early & often. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, El Tombro said:

I wouldn't call 7 points from 6 games decent. That's borderline relegation form. We should be putting this lot away. Mowbray makes us so unnecessarily fearful of the opposition.

Unbeaten in last five!

I'd buy that for Rovers.

Looking at that lineup I have to wonder what the game plan is. Looks unbalanced to me.

Johnson in the middle instead of Buckley makes us set up more to defend. But in the actual defence, Van Hecke is better with the ball than Ayala and seems to like running the full length of the pitch to try scoring, and Buckley has no defensive attributes other than being a decent presser, so also looks more attacking.

I know those changes are at least partly enforced, but still. Don't think it will set us up with much of a coherent system (par the course these days). I'd rather have had Carter at RB, with Buckley in the middle. Johnson too inconsistent and immobile. Carter isn't great shakes as a RB, but neither is Buckley.

Nearly scored early though there, good start so far.