BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Sheff Utd (h) - 6/11/21 - 146th Birthday

3 hours ago, WIR Second Coming said:

Taking my 7 year old daughter to this on Saturday, for her first game at Ewood 🙂

I'm hoping the increased crowd will be treated to a decent show from the team, and that the buzz sticks with my daughter so she becomes a lifelong Rover through audio and kinaesthetic osmosis! (for those who are wondering what this is, it's just the feeling you get from being in a crowd - I can remember my first Rovers game back in 1973 vs Aston Villa for the 'buzz')

COYB!! 

Hope she has a good time my 30 year old daughter got her first taste of rovers aged 8 and has had a season ticket every year since then even through lockdown and she has had her 21year old sister besides her for last 10/11 years

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Herbie6590 said:

Terry Garbett sends his best…as does Mickey Speight…😉

Excellent preview…👏🏻👏🏻

Bugger! I was just about to mention that Furphy also took Terry Garbett as well as Dave Bradford (the first £1m player…not) and Tony Field.

I can’t think of a better preview. Excellent work!

• Like 2

On 02/11/2021 at 12:47, JHRover said:

Well a quick glance on the ticketing website doesn't suggest there has been a surge in sales in the home ends.

Still bucket loads of availability in all areas.

I'll be surprised if we sell more than 10,000 home tickets.

The feeling I get from people I know going for the 1st time this season, and general hearsay, is that they have sold a good few thousand more than usual in the home ends. 

It will be a marked contrast to tonight's 9000, despite the on-field carnage...

Does anyone have the current figures? 

It'll be either a bore draw or a narrow defeat. Enough for Mowbray and his acolytes to hail a magnificent recovery for his young, injury stricken squad against another behemoth that was in the PL last year.

And on the show goes through the next international break.

• Like 2

I can’t see us getting a result after last night. The players looked absolutely shell shocked and at any age that’s going to have a psychological effect. Combined with the likely prospect of having another lightweight defender in the team (Magloire or Carter? 😮) and Sheffield Utd knowing that if you come at us we capitulate like that, I’m dreading another mauling.

Edited by booth

I find it hard to say it but I honestly don't want to go on Saturday after last night.

The performance was bad enough but the lack of apology or noises that anyone in the club is bothered hurt just as much.

As a fan I just feel taken advantage of, the whole match day experience is crap these days. No atmosphere, no passion, the facilities are a joke in the riverside with broken toilets and no staff at the kiosks. All for £100 more than I paid for my last season ticket.

If I could get a refund on my ticket at this point I would probably take it and just watch the odd game on the TV.

• Like 3

We'll get a reaction on Saturday i'm sure teflon will suddenly find his mojo again. Every time his own back is against the wall he rallies his troops enough to save his arse from the crowd.

Probably be a good atmosphere and feisty game, a win would be great but it doesn't change a thing overal.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, tomphil said:

We'll get a reaction on Saturday i'm sure teflon will suddenly find his mojo again. Every time his own back is against the wall he rallies his troops enough to save his arse from the crowd.

Probably be a good atmosphere and feisty game, a win would be great but it doesn't change a thing overal.

No, it doesn't. He got totally out tacticed by a top manager at the level. 

I'm not really looking forward to Saturday now, despite it being my daughter's first ever trip to a game at Ewood. If we somehow get a result then it will paper over the cracks and allow Mowbraysaurus and Waggadon to ignore the complete dismantling handed out by Fulham. If we draw it will be deemed a 'good result against one of this year's likely contenders, and another cause celebre for the happy clappers. If we lose, which is the scenario I'm most worried about, it might turn ugly - not something I'd want a 7 year old to experience under any circumstances (not withstanding that I'm likely to be one of the more vocal complainants on the Riverside!!).

Plus, the weather forecast is for it to pish down between 2-3pm, so getting to the ground is going to be a soggy experience too... So, having got the tickets, maybe I may just exercise my consumer rights and give the club the empty seat treatment - after all, after last night's abject shit show, that would seem to be the least they deserve.

Mick McCarthy, wash your mouth out!