BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Sheff Utd (h) - 6/11/21 - 146th Birthday

Interesting to look forward to where the club might be when we hit the actual significant milestone in 4 years time (by my reckoning we'll be the 9th professional English club to reach it)?

Will we still be owned by the loons? Will Tony still be here talking about the journey as we get pumped at home by Peterborough in the battle for 21st? Will we be averaging less than 10k a game? There's a lot to look forward to...

• Like 4

17 minutes ago, Displaced Rover said:

Interesting to look forward to where the club might be when we hit the actual significant milestone in 4 years time (by my reckoning we'll be the 9th professional English club to reach it)?

Will we still be owned by the loons? Will Tony still be here talking about the journey as we get pumped at home by Peterborough in the battle for 21st? Will we be averaging less than 10k a game? There's a lot to look forward to...

We'll be averaging less than that this season if they don't make a change.

• Like 2

46 minutes ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

Does anyone here think JRC is any good? I really have doubts, in any position, if he's anything but an average, or worse, Championship player 

No. I don't see what some fans see in him. I've never rated him. He's not a right back and isn't that good further up the pitch either. It's the shocking state of the club which means players like him and Carter get a look in.

We're having to make do with and are having to call upon dross when injuries strike. This would not be allowed to happen at a properly run club.

• Like 1

Don't worry folks, Moggasaurus has a plan for Saturday. Having played Buckley in almost every position on the pitch except where he's best suited, he's going for the full house and playing him in a new position which the tactical genius that is TM has just come up with. He's gonna play him as a 'False 1' with TK dropping to the bench!

2 minutes ago, windymiller7 said:

Don't worry folks, Moggasaurus has a plan for Saturday. Having played Buckley in almost every position on the pitch except where he's best suited, he's going for the full house and playing him in a new position which the tactical genius that is TM has just come up with. He's gonna play him as a 'False 1' with TK dropping to the bench!

Many a truth said in jest.

• Like 1

On the subject of Buckley, as soon as I saw the team last night I thought to myself 'we'll never score here'.

What on earth is Mowbray thinking when he plays Buckley down the middle? He can't shoot, let alone score, has no pace to speak of, and is physically not suited for that role.

I'm no expert, but bloody hell, even I can see that would never work.

• Like 7

Excellent preview, for a newcomer like me to read any of the history of Rovers is always rewarding. Of course, you’ve set the bar higher for future previews, Rog, keep up the good work!

I am hoping the lads make a good showing, rebuild their pride and give the fans a good show. TK, Nyambe, & Lenihan will be on top of their game. I am expecting BB-D to increase his value as well. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Wheelton Blue said:

On the subject of Buckley, as soon as I saw the team last night I thought to myself 'we'll never score here'.

What on earth is Mowbray thinking when he plays Buckley down the middle? He can't shoot, let alone score, has no pace to speak of, and is physically not suited for that role.

it's baffling 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Wheelton Blue said:

You could make an impressive(!) list of players who have played the famed Mowbray ‘false 9’ role. Just off the top of my head:

Dack, Buckley, Dolan, Poveda, Chapman, Elliot, Holtby

The bloke is a washed up ‘football man’ who thinks he’s Pep. 

• Like 4

12 minutes ago, Gavlar Somerset Rover! said:

You could make an impressive(!) list of players who have played the famed Mowbray ‘false 9’ role. Just off the top of my head:

And Rothwell the most dangerous one available who might do some damage there ?

Yep chucked in as a defensive mid because Mowbray wants to make a point of him learning the defensive side. Just so he can go on a free and do it ( in his best position) for someone else.

Everything that is wrong with Mowbrays management, the guy should be running someones U23s really.

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, tomphil said:

And Rothwell the most dangerous one available who might do some damage there ?

Yep chucked in as a defensive mid because Mowbray wants to make a point of him learning the defensive side. Just so he can go on a free and do it ( in his best position) for someone else.

Everything that is wrong with Mowbrays management, the guy should be running someones U23s really.

As long as it's someone elses.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Gavlar Somerset Rover! said:

Christ, thats a shocking list. It could actually be "who cant and should not play that role" Like seriously

1 hour ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

Christ, thats a shocking list. It could actually be "who cant and should not play that role" Like seriously

Dolan probably the only one of that list who has managed a couple of decent efforts there. Only by virtue of being a pain in the ass though, it's clearly not his position and sometimes it shows. All the others have, as far as I can remember, been abject failures in that role in every single time? And yet he keeps trying it. Like his 5 at the back rubbish.