BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Sheff Utd (h) - 6/11/21 - 146th Birthday

On 02/11/2021 at 14:08, WIR Second Coming said:

Yes. I lost my scarf to a couple of big Yorkshire tykes whilst walking back up Livesey Branch Rd near the Moorgate pub! They jumped out of a car that had screeched to a halt, shouted "give us your scarf!" (really!) and I was so surprised to be accosted I just took it off and handed it over - they laughed, jumped back in their car and sped off. I can only think that the small crowd meant there weren't that many people around to intervene, and that I'd somehow got ahead of most due to my long legs. Eeeh, them were the days..!

Yes I was there . I purloined the Lancashire Evening Telegraph billboard headline from a local newsagent, gently prising open the cross mesh holder after chucking out time. I then proudly sported it in my university bedroom pinned to the anaglypta with blue tack.

I think it was the same season Bumley stayed in the league by beating Orient.

I remember listening on the radio and being very upset they'd survived.

Ian Britton I think scored the goal. Lovely fella actually who was on reception at Seedhill gym in Nelson where I used to go once of a day.

Sigh.  nostalgia....

• Like 2

How many home fans we predicting? Only rovers would lose 7-0 at home when desperate to sell tickets for the following game🤣. Even at the cheap prices I honestly can’t see many bothering and don’t blame them. I’m going to be optimistic and say we get 13k home fans on. What do you reckon Ladies and gents? 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, tomphil said:

12.5k ish home fans.

Doesn't sound a lot - well it isn't a lot but it's still about 4 thousand buying tickets after taking off ST holders. So it's quite a jump on last nights turnout.

percentage wise yes but still disappointing that it is only 12.5, hopefully it will somehow get up to 15k, but pigs can fly

Heavy rain pre-match, the ignominious jolt of Wednesday night's humiliation, a bunch of vainglorious basterds in Blue & White strutting their stuff on the pitch, a shower of shite for management and ownership intent across the no-board, opponents needing a marker to start their stuttering season, and a marketing department more hapless than Cyril Smith on a Hang-glider.....

Yep, it has all the makings of a classic.....

.... damp squib for any seasoned Rovers fan.

I'll be there, but it won't be to show my support for the current husk that is masquerading as the club I've loved all my life.

12,173 home bums on seats, and whatever roaring hordes the Yorkshire contingent can squeeze in. Eerily quiet on the home front. Ragged and ruinous on the home pitch. A last hurrah before ....

Edited by WIR Second Coming
Owned by clowns, run by clowns, staffed by clowns - no need to send in the sodding clowns - they're already here :(
  • Like 5

3 hours ago, nathan_rovers1 said:

percentage wise yes but still disappointing that it is only 12.5, hopefully it will somehow get up to 15k, but pigs can fly

It’s £15, not a £5. Only a fiver dearer than Wednesday.

So why would 8000 non ST holders suddenly emerge to buy a ticket for a mid table second division game in November? (Especially on the back of that complete debacle).

• Like 2

I can accept losing, if the lads give a proper effort and TM doesn’t make a mess of the best available 11. 

What I do not think we can accept, is a poor effort, a poor selection, and an even poorer configuration not suited to our players.

This might be the last chance of the season for mgmt to sell bargain tickets, and expect any kind of walk up crowd. Another home shellacking, and they won’t find takers for freebies. 

• Like 2

How to prepare players TM style (after telling them they are not good enough to challenge for promotion)

This is a dangerous game because they (Sheffield United) have a team of men, understand their job, know when there’s pressure and the other team are on the front foot, when to sit behind the ball, we are young guys trying to learn the game.

“There’s no Mulgrew, Graham, Bennett, even some of our most experienced players who are injured, or not fit and won’t be in the team.

'' ..... and I do feel as though we have a very young team.

“I look at my board this morning and I count two or three players over the age of 23 who are going to start this game.''

He doesn't use toilet paper as his arse is always covered

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Wheelton Blue said:

My money is on an unfit Wharton at CB.

i was thinking that,typical mowbray picking someone who has`nt played for 12 months,should be carter,he was no worse than the rest of them on wednesday,if we don`t put in a performance mowbray is getting it from me,i don`t care how many happy clappers confront me,i`ll sort em all out,cmon you mowbray loving *****,lets ave it🤬😇

14 minutes ago, AllRoverAsia said:

How to prepare players TM style (after telling them they are not good enough to challenge for promotion)

This is a dangerous game because they (Sheffield United) have a team of men, understand their job, know when there’s pressure and the other team are on the front foot, when to sit behind the ball, we are young guys trying to learn the game.

“There’s no Mulgrew, Graham, Bennett, even some of our most experienced players who are injured, or not fit and won’t be in the team.

'' ..... and I do feel as though we have a very young team.

“I look at my board this morning and I count two or three players over the age of 23 who are going to start this game.''

He doesn't use toilet paper as his arse is always covered

I thought you were making up what he was going to say, but no, he actually said that

No Mulgrew, lol, you froze him out!

No Graham, lol, we never replaced Armstrong. You played Buckley where you used to play Graham!!!!

No Bennett. FFS.....

Edited by Bigdoggsteel
  • Like 4